PDA

View Full Version : MODULE: All Monsters / NPCs from d20pfsrd.com

bnason
September 4th, 2012, 22:44
MODERATOR: Added file attachment. Unzip the .mod file to <FG App data folder>\modules: 5022

Hi all,

I've taken the Monster DB and NPC DB from d20pfsrd.com, and parsed them into a new module. With 1800+ monsters, and 1100+ NPCs, it's a pretty massive file, but it also makes life a lot easier when you're looking for that one particular type of outsider - with the "All NPC" and "All Monster" lists, just remember that the scroll functions are more or less busted, and you need to search for what you want. There are also additional sublists so that you can browse NPCs and monsters by sourcebook (APs, Bestiaries, the Gamemastery Guide NPCs, etc.) or CR.

Link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhl1fpin1umuj3j/PFRPG%20-%20Megabestiary.mod Currently not valid, use the link at the top of this post

I'm open to creating additional sublists around creature types, NPC classes, etc., but the file is already pretty large at this point (3mb in the compressed .mod). Each new list is a bit tedious to create, but if there any obvious / useful ones, I'm happy to add based on input.

I've thrown up a few screenshots to show the statblocks. If you encounter any errors in stat lines, attacks, qualities, and so on, let me know.

JohnD
September 4th, 2012, 23:16
Yikes... big props for putting this together!

Blue Haven
September 5th, 2012, 00:04
Thank you so much ;)

gmkieran
September 5th, 2012, 16:48
many thanks, bnason! Will look forward to using it!!

Crossfireue
September 5th, 2012, 16:51
You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir. This will be a huge boon for my Pathfinder game. Huzzah!

Tiqon
September 5th, 2012, 17:17
Downloaded. Thank you very much!

Gwaihir Scout
September 5th, 2012, 18:03
Oh, awesome.

Blackfoot
September 5th, 2012, 21:52
It might have been good to wait to do this until AFTER the parser got adjusted to include spell conversions, I'm pretty sure that is in the works at the moment... but this looks very cool.

bnason
September 6th, 2012, 02:38
Blackfoot - I didn't use the parser, I downloaded the d20pfsrd databases and manipulated them as XML / etc.

Even if you could include spell data with each NPC/Bestiary item, it would probably double or triple the size of the .mod... wouldn't it?

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 02:45
Ahh.. ok.. wow.. that sounds like a lot of work to do manually. Hopefully you had some sort of tools for speeding the process.
As far as the spells go.. it would certainly increase the size of the .mod file. I'm not sure if you can do it as a pointer to the spell .mod file and then somehow the NPC would have it's spell functions built from the parsed data or what... I haven't played around with that piece yet. I don't think you have to build in all the data for each spell though.

bnason
September 6th, 2012, 03:51
Yeah, I have some tools that basically take the CSV data and parse them into proper FG2 XML. It's pretty quick, just took about a day once I ironed out all of the data issues with the d20pfsrd data.

Does trenloe's parser already include the spell capabilities? If there's some way to code in reference/link from the NPC data to his Paizo Spell module -- that would be awesome.

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 03:54
I don't know if he's started on it or not. I know it was on his project list... I'm pretty sure it isn't 'done'.

It might be better to link to the basic spell module, (even though Trenloe's one is a good bit more complete) just because it isn't the distribution version.

Trenloe
September 10th, 2012, 17:42
I'm still investigating the best way to integrate the new spells functionality into the parser - ranging from including in the parsed NPC module to an extension that adds a "parse spells" button in the NPC entry itself.

I'll look at this in more detail when I get back from Africa...

Crossfireue
September 11th, 2012, 16:29
I'll look at this in more detail when I get back from Africa...

Clearly our needs are more important than a hop across the pond! Get back here now and get to it!

;)

spacce1889
September 12th, 2012, 14:27
Thank You.

One thing though on the npc tokens @PF20SRD Bestiary is used instead of @d20pfsrd Bestiaries.

Nalvenin
May 2nd, 2013, 21:12
Thank You.

One thing though on the npc tokens @PF20SRD Bestiary is used instead of @d20pfsrd Bestiaries.

Hmm.. just loaded this module and it doesn't show up under my modules in FGII. :( anyone know why?

gmkieran
May 3rd, 2013, 15:18
Have you gone to the Module Activation link at the bottom of the tools pane (right hand side of the desktop)? Modules don't automatically appear in 3.5/PF any more, you have to activate them first.

Nalvenin
May 3rd, 2013, 20:56
Have you gone to the Module Activation link at the bottom of the tools pane (right hand side of the desktop)? Modules don't automatically appear in 3.5/PF any more, you have to activate them first.

I did! I went into module activation and opened it... still doesn't show... :(

Trenloe
May 4th, 2013, 19:10
I did! I went into module activation and opened it... still doesn't show... :(
How did you deploy the module file - where did you copy it to?

What rule set are you using? (this may sound like a silly question, but I have to ask to be sure)

Nalvenin
May 8th, 2013, 15:44
How did you deploy the module file - where did you copy it to?

What rule set are you using? (this may sound like a silly question, but I have to ask to be sure)

File is in /appdata/FGII dir/modules
Ruleset is 3.5E

Thanks.

Nalvenin
May 8th, 2013, 15:44
Hi all,

I've taken the Monster DB and NPC DB from d20pfsrd.com, and parsed them into a new module. With 1800+ monsters, and 1100+ NPCs, it's a pretty massive file, but it also makes life a lot easier when you're looking for that one particular type of outsider - with the "All NPC" and "All Monster" lists, just remember that the scroll functions are more or less busted, and you need to search for what you want. There are also additional sublists so that you can browse NPCs and monsters by sourcebook (APs, Bestiaries, the Gamemastery Guide NPCs, etc.) or CR.

Link is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vhl1fpin1umuj3j/PFRPG%20-%20Megabestiary.mod

I'm open to creating additional sublists around creature types, NPC classes, etc., but the file is already pretty large at this point (3mb in the compressed .mod). Each new list is a bit tedious to create, but if there any obvious / useful ones, I'm happy to add based on input.

I've thrown up a few screenshots to show the statblocks. If you encounter any errors in stat lines, attacks, qualities, and so on, let me know.

Can someone do this with 4E? :)

Trenloe
May 8th, 2013, 15:48
Can someone do this with 4E? :)
The problem with 4e is that the data is not covered by the OGL (Open Gaming Licence) - so it is not possible to distribute 4e data. Hence the reason why the 4e DDI parser was created for individuals to create their own data from the DDI website. It might be worth you getting a one month DDI subscription and parsing as much data as you can in that month! :)

Trenloe
May 8th, 2013, 15:53
Just to confirm, which stage doesn't work for you? You mention above that you can open the module, but you don't see it?

Here is a screenshot showing my module activation and library - which part don't you see?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/d20%20PFSRD%20Module.JPG

Nalvenin
May 8th, 2013, 19:34
The problem with 4e is that the data is not covered by the OGL (Open Gaming Licence) - so it is not possible to distribute 4e data. Hence the reason why the 4e DDI parser was created for individuals to create their own data from the DDI website. It might be worth you getting a one month DDI subscription and parsing as much data as you can in that month! :)

Thanks for the answer. I will do that if I ever learn to use that parser thingy... :)

Nalvenin
May 8th, 2013, 19:39
Just to confirm, which stage doesn't work for you? You mention above that you can open the module, but you don't see it?

Here is a screenshot showing my module activation and library - which part don't you see?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39085830/Screenshots/d20%20PFSRD%20Module.JPG

I got it working... I deleted the mod and re-copied it... it shows up and i can activate it. Thanks for the help! :)

Sirden
September 9th, 2013, 14:58
Hi,
I'd like having this mod but dropbox is empty

Thank's for help

Trenloe
September 9th, 2013, 16:43
Hi,
I'd like having this mod but dropbox is empty

Thank's for help
I've uploaded the copy I had to the first post as an attachment (the very top of the first post).

FYI - a few users have seen some slightly different behaviour with creatures from this module (purely to do with how the data was formatted on the d20pfsrd.com site), I'd recommend using creatures that are available in the standard bestiary modules first. These modules are available here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules

sukEEt
June 19th, 2014, 10:32
do you still have this .mod ... ? can't seem to download it from the current link.

damned
June 19th, 2014, 11:45
use the link at the very top of the page :)

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 16:07
And also see the comment in post #27 above regarding using the other bestiary modules first.

sukEEt
June 19th, 2014, 16:42
holy crap ... bravo! awesome commitment to a module! do you have a CR list of the NPCs?

Trenloe
June 19th, 2014, 16:51
holy crap ... bravo! awesome commitment to a module! do you have a CR list of the NPCs?
That's in the module - "Monsters - By CR".

Redbishop
July 20th, 2015, 22:20
Just wanted to say thanks for this, it is awesome.

Trenloe
July 20th, 2015, 22:29
Just wanted to say thanks for this, it is awesome.
This is a great module, but a little bit dated and there are some issues with some statblocks (due to the base d20pfsrd data being formatted differently/not 100% adhering to the Paizo statblock standard). If the creatures are more Paizo mainstream you'll be better off using the Bestiary 1 module that comes with FG or the modules from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules&p=120185&viewfull=1#post120185 The bestiary modules in that link all include spell entries and are more accurate. For example, any of the troll entries in the mega bestiary don't apply regeneration when added to the combat tracker - there are quite a few such syntax errors in the d20pfsrd data used to create this module.

Redbishop
July 21st, 2015, 00:00
This is a great module, but a little bit dated and there are some issues with some statblocks (due to the base d20pfsrd data being formatted differently/not 100% adhering to the Paizo statblock standard). If the creatures are more Paizo mainstream you'll be better off using the Bestiary 1 module that comes with FG or the modules from here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules&p=120185&viewfull=1#post120185 The bestiary modules in that link all include spell entries and are more accurate. For example, any of the troll entries in the mega bestiary don't apply regeneration when added to the combat tracker - there are quite a few such syntax errors in the d20pfsrd data used to create this module.
oh ok, thanks for the heads up

clarkie125
July 11th, 2016, 18:29
Fantastic! Thanks so much!

Tarman
March 19th, 2017, 07:08
I got a VLC file and it played a media file. Not sure what was supposed to happen.

damned
March 19th, 2017, 07:18
I got a VLC file and it played a media file. Not sure what was supposed to happen.

Welcome Tarman - its a .mod file but your media player has decided thaqt all .mods are media files.
You place this in your Fantasy Grounds\modules folder and restart the campaign and then you should be able to find the module in your library.

Trenloe
March 19th, 2017, 17:49
Yes, welcome to the forums Tarman. See the instructions at the top of post #1, and also the info regarding library modules here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Library

Tarman
March 22nd, 2017, 03:04
Hey Trenloe and damned,
Thanks for your help. I figured that was what was needed. I just couldn't figure out how to access the module folder since I couldn't get to app data. But all good now.

Tarman
March 22nd, 2017, 03:08
I've been working on my pathfinder shattered star AP and my group is in the middle of book 5 so i was learning FG and seen that not all the spells or feats were there so all this is great and many thanks to all who have taken the time to put together this data.

Is there any other files containing pfsrd info? Spells and monster npc's I've got now.

Trenloe
March 22nd, 2017, 04:27
The modules available are listed here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16074-List-of-Modules

mbedran
September 22nd, 2017, 15:24
Are the module off or can I found it somewhere ?

Trenloe
September 22nd, 2017, 15:26
Are the module off or can I found it somewhere ?
Welcome to the forums!

The link in post #1 has the following after it in bold: "Currently not valid, use the link at the top of this post" The link at the top of post #1 will work.

mbedran
September 22nd, 2017, 18:41
Welcome to the forums!

The link in post #1 has the following after it in bold: "Currently not valid, use the link at the top of this post" The link at the top of post #1 will work.

Thank You Trenloe!!!!!!!!

ChipDancer
August 7th, 2020, 21:58
Any chance of this being updated to include all the NPCs on the current pathfinder 1E SRD at D20PFSRD please?

Blahness98
August 9th, 2020, 17:17
Most of the bestiaries are located in the sticky on the main forum. Only bestiary 6 isn't located there. Otherwise, that would be the majority of the creatures for PF.

ChipDancer
August 9th, 2020, 21:49
Most of the bestiaries are located in the sticky on the main forum. Only bestiary 6 isn't located there. Otherwise, that would be the majority of the creatures for PF.

Unfortunately, the NPCs aren't located in the Bestiaries. I'm referring to those located at this link: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/npc-s/

:)

ChipDancer

Zygmunt Molotch
October 18th, 2020, 08:51
@Trenloe, any chance you'd be running your NPC parser again, (the one that darrenan and you did a while back) many of the d20pfsrd NPCs aren't included in your module, as ChipDancer was saying (I'm not sure if that's just because of additions or of some other reason, hence the question!)

(I noticed this with Porter, Heart of the jungle NPC isn't there, actually it's not in any of these modules actually, whether NPC Codex or d20pfsrd bestiaries)

Trenloe
October 18th, 2020, 11:24
@Trenloe, any chance you'd be running your NPC parser again, (the one that darrenan and you did a while back) many of the d20pfsrd NPCs aren't included in your module, as ChipDancer was saying (I'm not sure if that's just because of additions or of some other reason, hence the question!)
I won’t be updating this module as I didn’t create it. The OP (bnason) used their own tools to create it.

Zygmunt Molotch
October 19th, 2020, 05:23
right, I know, I just couldn't find the thread with the npc codex by darrenan and you (? well you name was in the file) :D (found the right thread now!)

Trenloe
October 19th, 2020, 09:26
(found the right thread now!)
Not really. The NPC Codex module is for NPCs in the Paizo NPC Codex product: https://paizo.com/products/btpy8v3a?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-NPC-Codex

The modules in this thread is the only one I’m aware of that was created by scraping data from the d20pfsrd collection. The author hasn’t been on these forums for over 2 years, so I very much doubt there’ll be an update from them.

You could try parsing the newer creatures yourself by using the Parser here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20522-Pathfinder-Creature-Parser-V2. You’ll need to copy the stat block text from the website and format appropriately for the parser.

Zygmunt Molotch
October 19th, 2020, 16:52
Not really. The NPC Codex module is for NPCs in the Paizo NPC Codex product: https://paizo.com/products/btpy8v3a?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-NPC-Codex

The modules in this thread is the only one I’m aware of that was created by scraping data from the d20pfsrd collection. The author hasn’t been on these forums for over 2 years, so I very much doubt there’ll be an update from them.

You could try parsing the newer creatures yourself by using the Parser here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20522-Pathfinder-Creature-Parser-V2. You’ll need to copy the stat block text from the website and format appropriately for the parser.

ah ha!

I shall give that a whirl!

Arkan1991
April 6th, 2021, 18:08
Thank's man you are a heros ! :)