PDA

View Full Version : Weekend of the 15th?

Gwaihir Scout
September 4th, 2012, 16:50
Saturday, September 15th, 7 PM Central (-5 GMT), 4-5 hours
Full license (Lite required to join)
Voice chat on Teamspeak server (fgts.servegame.com)
First level characters only; may repeat with a new character for credit.

Register on the calendar entry here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=888). Be sure to mention it here so I can track the order people sign up in.

Please have your characters to me by the 13th, even if you're on the waitlist.

Anyone new to Society play can find the information they need here (https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety).

ORIGINAL: So, there seems to be no new games planned for the near future. I've got a local convention this weekend, so I won't be able to run anything, but I can on the 15th. I'm running The Temple of Empyreal Enlightenment for my local game store on the 22nd, but I don't think I'll be able to have it ready for FG so I'll save it for the 29th or later.

Unless someone else wants to run something that weekend, I'll run one of the First Steps. Part 1 is a brief tour of Absalom, Part 2 is a dungeon crawl, and Part 3 is a wilderness trek. Let me know which you want.

Skellan
September 4th, 2012, 16:59
I'd love to do the first one but i don't mind, any would be great

avro5731
September 4th, 2012, 21:31
what time?

Blackfoot
September 4th, 2012, 22:00
I'll play and bring Iggy Toymaker, Dwarven Alchemist... I haven't run any of the First Steps with him so I'm good with whatever... although personally I think the 2nd one is the most fun to play.

Gwaihir Scout
September 4th, 2012, 22:13
what time?
Don't know what time yet. Likely 7 PM Central.

Skellan
September 4th, 2012, 22:39
7pm central is good for me
I am happy with the second one if its more fun. ideally i just want to get used to the rules etc. enough to hae a crack at running a scenario

avro5731
September 4th, 2012, 22:51
Not 100% sure I can make a 7p might still be driving from live game. The last 2 times we were done early, and we are running with very experienced players so I can only expect the same. Will plan to be on at 7p with the understanding that if I'm late I lose my spot.

lachancery
September 5th, 2012, 05:05
I'd like to join as well for a First Steps (whichever one) with my brand new dawnflower cleric - never played a PFS scenario before.

Gwaihir Scout
September 5th, 2012, 05:38
So, made this official. Information and link to the calendar entry is in the OP.

kinevon
September 5th, 2012, 06:30
I'll play and bring Iggy Toymaker, Dwarven Alchemist... I haven't run any of the First Steps with him so I'm good with whatever... although personally I think the 2nd one is the most fun to play.
I'll agree that the second one seems the most interesting & fun to play.

Note: Since I have played & GMed this one, I will happily give my seat up to a newbie if needed.

But I do have a working PC, and a working microphone, this time.

Willot
September 5th, 2012, 10:37
Can ya put in the time in the calender entry so it works it out for my time zone(im lazy :) )

Gwaihir Scout
September 5th, 2012, 14:32
Knew I was forgetting something. Done.

Blackfoot
September 5th, 2012, 14:40
I think it works out to something like 7am for you Willot... give or take an hour or 2.

Peanut
September 5th, 2012, 15:08
I would also like to play, but I have played First Steps 2 with both of my characters so either of the other scenarios would be great for me if it works out that way.

lachancery
September 5th, 2012, 17:42
The XML for MorQuesse, my Tengu Dawnflower Cleric, trained by the dervishes of Osirion.

EDIT: Tweaked character before putting him in the field.

LAZORCORN
September 6th, 2012, 00:33
Im deffinetly looking for a game and since i live in central time 7 is perfect.

LAZORCORN
September 6th, 2012, 00:37
Well heck....im gonna have to bow out i guess. having trouble getting lite

Skellan
September 6th, 2012, 00:38
I have signed up and will get a character to you soon :)

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 01:04
Well heck....im gonna have to bow out i guess. having trouble getting lite
The game isn't until NEXT weekend.. (see the gamecalendar entry) so you have plenty of time to get your lite license and download teamspeak.

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 01:10
With the abundance of signups I'm going to volunteer to play alt GM depending on who shows up for the game on the 15th. If we have 2 full tables, I'll run a session of FS-P1. If we only end up with 6 players then I'll play. Get your characters in ASAP and make sure you have your software loaded AHEAD OF TIME.
We'll be using the FG Teamspeak server for voice.

Please be online 15 minutes before the game to do prelims and voice checks.

acyd69
September 6th, 2012, 03:11
Signed up with my brand new dwarven paladin! No scenarios for her yet, so I am game for any of them, haven't seen part 3 myself so I would like to play it once before I prep to run it.

Here is Sierra Forgeguard, Undead Scourge of Torag.

lachancery
September 6th, 2012, 03:42
With the abundance of signups I'm going to volunteer to play alt GM depending on who shows up for the game on the 15th. If we have 2 full tables, I'll run a session of FS-P1.
That is a very cool idea! I'll play in whichever table (on the assumption we get two) makes the most sense.

Gwaihir Scout
September 6th, 2012, 06:11
With the abundance of signups I'm going to volunteer to play alt GM depending on who shows up for the game on the 15th. If we have 2 full tables, I'll run a session of FS-P1. If we only end up with 6 players then I'll play. Get your characters in ASAP and make sure you have your software loaded AHEAD OF TIME.
We'll be using the FG Teamspeak server for voice.

Please be online 15 minutes before the game to do prelims and voice checks.

Blackfoot is The Guy.

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 06:53
Iggy Toymaker
PFS#39241-7
Faction: Silver Crusade
XP: 1
PP: 1(1)
GP: 263

Manium
September 6th, 2012, 07:06
T_T really wanted to play with my newly set-up Kitsune Druid, but I have work that day D:

LAZORCORN
September 6th, 2012, 07:19
well i meant i wont have the xtra money for a lite liscence by next saturday.....spent it all in mead and wenches

Willot
September 6th, 2012, 11:51
Delete me new character below

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 13:33
T_T really wanted to play with my newly set-up Kitsune Druid, but I have work that day D:
Kitsune? You have a Boon Chronicle for that race? Cool! I wish they were legal for play normally. :(

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 13:37
Here my character In case I get in!
I think the plan at the moment is that everyone gets in... (unless we get more than 12 PCs) ...and you are definitely on the list.

Manium
September 6th, 2012, 17:01
Kitsune? You have a Boon Chronicle for that race? Cool! I wish they were legal for play normally. :(

Derp. No I don't xD,
I have him written down on a paper character sheet..
Guess I'll be sticking with Merric until I find that boon.

Blackfoot
September 6th, 2012, 17:07
Bummer. They only released 3 of the races from the ARG for PFS play without special Boons. I guess it's their way of trying to get more folks to attend conventions. In order for FGCon to qualify for that type of status we'd need to have quite a few more tables I believe... and even then.. I'm not sure if we could do it or not. I'll check on it with Trenloe... he's generally in the know about that sort of stuff.

Oh.. right, the three 'new' races they released were:
Aasimar
Tengu
Tiefling

Blackfoot
September 7th, 2012, 15:29
Derp. No I don't xD,
I have him written down on a paper character sheet..
Guess I'll be sticking with Merric until I find that boon.Just make another dude. There are plenty of cool races besides fuzzy fox people. :)

Willot
September 8th, 2012, 00:47
I have made a couple of changes to my character before level 2

Please use this character

kinevon
September 10th, 2012, 14:02
Here is what I hope is a good XML from FG for my PC, Dominic.

Blackfoot
September 10th, 2012, 14:38
Here is what I hope is a good XML from FG for my PC, Dominic.
The sheet seems to have loaded up just fine.

Peanut
September 10th, 2012, 22:33
Here is Kara.
Aasimar Oracle
PFS# 55576-2
Faction: Silver Crusade
XP: 1
PP: 2(2)
GP: 93

Blackfoot
September 11th, 2012, 00:48
The following characters are uploaded and seem to be ready to play. We have 11 signed up for the game(s) on Saturday currently... but only 6 characters uploaded.
MorQuesse-Cleric
Banic-Cleric
Sierra-Paladin
Dominic-Rogue
Kara-Oracle
Erulissë-Witch

*Iggy-Alchemist (only if we run one table)

Willot
September 11th, 2012, 01:33
At least theres a fighter type.

Gwaihir Scout
September 11th, 2012, 01:54
I've got a witch that was sent directly to me.

Skellan
September 12th, 2012, 01:29
You'll have my character shortly. i have made a ranger but i may do a fighter now as it may help the party

Gwaihir Scout
September 12th, 2012, 02:33
Play what you want to play, because you don't know the composition of the party in future scenarios. A ranger is as good as a fighter in a lot of things, anyway, and better in others.

Skellan
September 12th, 2012, 13:14
Here's the xml of my character.
Its the first Pathfinder character I have made, so I am not sure it is right. If someone could take a look at it, I would be most grateful

lachancery
September 12th, 2012, 13:49
LOL! Never seen a party with so much healing power... Glad I built my cleric to include combat abilities at low level. ;)

The following characters are uploaded and seem to be ready to play. We have 11 signed up for the game(s) on Saturday currently... but only 6 characters uploaded.
MorQuesse-Cleric
Banic-Cleric
Sierra-Paladin
Dominic-Rogue
Kara-Oracle
Erulissė-Witch

Blackfoot
September 12th, 2012, 14:01
Here's the xml of my character.
Its the first Pathfinder character I have made, so I am not sure it is right. If someone could take a look at it, I would be most grateful
He looks good, only a problem with your skill point allocation. I assume perhaps some confusion with how FG works.
You are well over 'light' weight as well. You'll want to dump your pack in a fight or if you do any dex skill checks.

Here is an updated version that fixes the issues.

Blackfoot
September 12th, 2012, 14:02
LOL! Never seen a party with so much healing power... Glad I built my cleric to include combat abilities at low level. ;)
There will 'probably' be two groups.. so I'm hoping we'll split the clerics.

Blackfoot
September 12th, 2012, 14:51
The following characters are uploaded and seem to be ready to play. We have 11 signed up for the game(s) on Saturday currently... but only 9 characters uploaded.
MorQuesse-Cleric
Banic-Cleric
Sierra-Paladin
Dominic-Rogue
Kara-Oracle
Erulissë-Witch
Kirsa-Ranger
Nithrang-Rogue

acyd69
September 12th, 2012, 14:56
I have a friend who just started playing last week that wants to join us on saturday. He is coming over to get the character and FG stuff set up tonight, so we will post his character later today and that should give us two full tables of players if you are still game to GM Blackfoot.

Gwaihir Scout
September 12th, 2012, 14:57
The following characters are uploaded and seem to be ready to play. We have 11 signed up for the game(s) on Saturday currently... but only 8 characters uploaded.
MorQuesse-Cleric
Banic-Cleric
Sierra-Paladin
Dominic-Rogue
Kara-Oracle
Erulissė-Witch
Kirsa-Ranger

Beat me to it. Although I only have ten signed up, including you.

Get your characters posted ASAP, definitely by tomorrow. Or an acknowledgement of some sort with a promise that you'll have it ready as soon as you can. Otherwise you'll have to depend on us feeling generous later, and that's not a strong position to be in.

We'll make you sing.

Gwaihir Scout
September 12th, 2012, 14:58
I have a friend who just started playing last week that wants to join us on saturday. He is coming over to get the character and FG stuff set up tonight, so we will post his character later today and that should give us two full tables of players if you are still game to GM Blackfoot.

Excellent. Reserve a spot for him on the calendar entry.

Blackfoot
September 12th, 2012, 14:58
This shouldn't be a problem as long as you get a character uploaded asap.

Blackfoot
September 12th, 2012, 15:01
Beat me to it. Although I only have ten signed up, including you.
Hrm.. looks like someone dropped. We have space for 2 more... even with acyd's friend.

With only 7 uploaded PCs (excluding mine) we are just under 2 tables... I hate to run with a PREGEN dummy .. so let's avoid this shall we?

Nithrang
September 13th, 2012, 03:58
Hi, this is Acyd69's friend. I have signed up in the calendar and Acyd69 says he will get my character uploaded tonight. Thanks for letting me join you guys.

~Squirrel?!

Gwaihir Scout
September 13th, 2012, 04:08
You be added. Thanks for joining us.

acyd69
September 13th, 2012, 04:50
Here is Nithrang's character sheet. Please check for any other typical rogue actions in addition to normal reviews. Thank you.

Blackfoot
September 13th, 2012, 14:22
The following characters are uploaded and seem to be ready to play. We have 11 signed up for the game(s) on Saturday currently... but only 9 characters uploaded.
MorQuesse-Cleric
Banic-Cleric
Sierra-Paladin
Dominic-Rogue
Kara-Oracle
Erulissė-Witch
Kirsa-Ranger
Nithrang-Rogue

*Iggy-Alchemist (only if we run one table)It looks like we have enough for 2 tables now.
I will be running First Steps: Part 1, In Service of Lore.
Gwaihir Scout will be running First Steps: Part 2, To Delve the Dungeon Deep.
Currently we have enough for 4 for each table... assuming everyone shows... but we have room for 4 more PCs... There are 10 folks (not counting myself) signed up on the calendar.. but it looks like at least 2 of them will be no shows (since we haven't heard anything from them)

There is definitely room for at least 2 more and 2 more after that on 'wait list'.

Gwaihir Scout
September 13th, 2012, 17:25
OK, how to split these up.
Erulissë's player is a personal friend and should go with me, if grouping allows it.
MorQuesse's player is in a campaign with me, but could go with either.
Kara has been through Part 2 already and goes with Blackfoot.
Sierra and Nithrang's players are friends and should go together.
Dominic's player has requested part 2.

It's like a logic puzzle! Let me know if there's anything I missed.

Quick and dirty divvying:
Me and Part 2:
Dominic-Rogue
MorQuesse-Cleric
Erulissë-Witch
Kirsa-Ranger

Blackfoot and Part 1:
Kara-Oracle
Sierra-Paladin
Nithrang-Rogue
Banic-Cleric

OK, both teams have a cleric, a rogue, a full BAB fighter, a non-cleric caster, and three people who can use wands of CLW. Adjust away.

Blackfoot
September 13th, 2012, 17:34
I'm thinking this is great.. but of course it'll all go kerfluey depending on who actually shows up.. :)
Anyway.. assuming everyone shows.. this looks good... unless anyone has a specific preference to do one scenario or another.

The other scenario will likely be being run again sometime in the near future so that really shouldn't be a major issue for anyone... unless they have already played the other one.

blckattk
September 13th, 2012, 19:06
I would love to be apart of this game.

Blackfoot
September 13th, 2012, 19:10
I would love to be apart of this game.
Simple enough to do. Sign up on the calendar.. and post your character here. We still have space available.

Calendar Entry (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=888)

acyd69
September 13th, 2012, 19:12
Nithrang already has credit for part 1, if it makes things easier, you can split him and me up. We will be physically playing in the same room, though it would be easier for me to help him if we were in the same scenario.

Sierra is good for either scenario.

Blackfoot
September 13th, 2012, 19:27
Erulissė's player is a personal friend and should go with Gwaihir, if grouping allows it.
MorQuesse's player is in campaigns with both Gwaihir and Blackfoot so can go either way.
Nithrang has already played Part 1.
Dominic's player has requested Part 2.

Part 2:
Dominic-Rogue
MorQuesse-Cleric
Erulissė-Witch
Sierra-Paladin
Nithrang-Rogue

Part 1:
Kara-Oracle
Banic-Cleric
Kirsa-Ranger

Sounds like we could end up with all the clerics in one party. :)

Gwaihir Scout
September 13th, 2012, 19:40
MorQuesse's player is in campaigns with both Gwaihir and Blackfoot so can go either way.

OK, so that one turns out to be completely irrelevant, then.

I guess we'll see who else turns up and what blckattck makes. Since there's two clerics, we need to make sure the part 2 group gets one, 'cause the witch doesn't have the Healing hex.

lachancery
September 13th, 2012, 20:58
Sounds like we could end up with all the clerics in one party. :)
That would be weird and hilarious! :cool:

Willot
September 13th, 2012, 23:18
That would be weird and hilarious! :cool:

You are hit for 15pts of damage.

HEAL: PING!

The Cleric hits for 2pts of damage on the ORc

The orc hits the Oracle for 18pt!! of DAMGE BOO YA!

HEAL: PING

The Oracle Hits the ORc for 2pts of damage...

DM...Well. This could take awhile.......

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 02:41
Looking through the characters...

Weapon Finesse works on elven curve blades?! That's hideous! I need to get one of those for my elf rogue. GM probably won't let me until we get to elf lands.

Those of you who haven't already, really should copy/paste in the description of your feats and abilities. Part of the reason we ask for your characters early is so we can accustom ourselves to how your character works, and it's really annoying to have to look up some obscure ability ourselves.

Looking pretty good so far.

Blackfoot
September 14th, 2012, 02:43
Elven Curved Blades are cool... nice for Tengu. :)

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 02:52
Completely forgot to mention this, but there are pregenerated characters available for anyone who doesn't have time to make a character. You can chose between Fighter, Cleric, Rogue, and Wizard, and the credit will go toward your own new character (which doesn't have to be what you played).

Irift Heat
September 14th, 2012, 02:53
I messaged Gwaihir about the game and am working on a character for it now.

So the vivicectionist alchemist archetype is banned and age doesn't change your stats, are these house rules or PFS stuff? Where can I find a list of what is/isn't allowed?

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 02:56
Ifrit, that link I gave you (paizo.com/pathfinderSociety) has a guide that explains the rules, and a list of what is allowed from what books is found under "Additional resources" to the right of that page.

Irift Heat
September 14th, 2012, 03:06
Okay thanks, found it. Reading through it now, not being able to play a vivisectionist kinda' blows the character concept so I'll have to work on it some. So what do I need to do to get you a copy of the character when I'm done?

Sorry if this stuff has been answered elsewhere, I'm pretty new to FG and PFS.

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 03:24
You'll need to build the character in Fantasy Grounds, then export the .xml file and attach it to a post.

From a newcomer, I'll accept the character sheet in some other format and make it up myself.

Irift Heat
September 14th, 2012, 03:29
Is there any chance I can get you on a voice chat to talk Gwaihir? I've probably got a hundred little questions to ask.

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 03:34
Sure, I'll meet you on the Teamspeak server (fgts.servegame.com).

lachancery
September 14th, 2012, 03:46
Weapon Finesse works on elven curve blades?! That's hideous! I need to get one of those for my elf rogue.
Wait, it gets worse: dervish dance (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/dervish-dance-combat) is the next feat I get... +4 to hit and +4 damage with scimitars (the prefered weapon of Sarenrae). Just wicked. Another ability I find cool is the ranged touch attacks from the fire domain...

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 18:35
OK, purged the calendar of everyone who hasn't listed a character. 3 slots left. Get the character posted in some form within 8 hours. You can always play a pregen, too.

Skellan
September 14th, 2012, 19:35
I think you missed me off :p
Do you want me to re submit Kirsa?

avro5731
September 14th, 2012, 19:46
Elya LvL1 Sorcerer... 1st sorcerer build so if you have suggestions let me know.

Just checked calendar dont see me signed up... thought I was, said I might be late as I will be coming home from a game. If this is an issue let me know.

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 20:04
Do you want me to re submit Kirsa?

Ah, so I did. This thread is too long, and your entry was blank. There was also a Keesa or something that may have confused me.

Blackfoot
September 14th, 2012, 20:04
Do you want me to re submit Kirsa?We have Kirsa.

Elya LvL1 Sorcerer... 1st sorcerer build so if you have suggestions let me know.Thanks for getting him uploaded.

Looks like the only one we still need is Emrak.. and he said he'd have him posted up tonight.

avro5731
September 14th, 2012, 20:07
We have Kirsa.

Thanks for getting him uploaded.

Looks like the only one we still need is Emrak.. and he said he'd have him posted up tonight.

Thanks... looking forward to playing

Blackfoot
September 14th, 2012, 20:12
OK.. another shot at the player sort.
Erulissë's player is a personal friend and should go with Gwaihir, if grouping allows it.
Nithrang has already played Part 1.
Dominic's player has requested Part 2.

Part 2:
Dominic-Rogue
MorQuesse-Cleric
Erulissë-Witch
Sierra-Paladin
Nithrang-Rogue

Part 1:
Kara-Oracle
Banic-Cleric
Kirsa-Ranger
Emrak?
Krixis Kal'dori-Alchemist

Elya-Sorcerer

Depending on what Emrak's son brings... we seem to be in pretty good shape. There is still 1 open slot assuming everyone shows.

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 20:19
Looking good, although we might want to split up the rogues. Nothing in part 1 really needs one, though.

Blackfoot
September 14th, 2012, 20:20
The one requested part 2 and the other has already done part 1... the alchemist has some disable device if it comes up.

Gwaihir Scout
September 14th, 2012, 20:24
the other has already done part 1...

Right, missed that one.

Nithrang
September 14th, 2012, 23:06
ANy of you guys run fantasy grounds tabletop on a mac? I'm trying to get my macbook set up and I am encountering... problems. I have a back up plan, just incase I can't get my mac set up between now and then, so either way I will definitely be there Saturday evening.

Blackfoot
September 15th, 2012, 04:19
ANy of you guys run fantasy grounds tabletop on a mac? I'm trying to get my macbook set up and I am encountering... problems. I have a back up plan, just incase I can't get my mac set up between now and then, so either way I will definitely be there Saturday evening.

Check out this thread, it might help.
Mac Installations (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16755)

Blackfoot
September 15th, 2012, 20:49
First Steps, Part 1: In Service of Lore
Kara-Oracle
Banic-Cleric
Kirsa-Ranger
Krixis Kal'dori-Alchemist
Elya-Sorcerer

VT: Fantasy Grounds II (of course)
Server: tiny fang huge ogre

Voice: Teamspeak
Server: fgts.servegame.com

Please be online 15 minutes prior to the game for sound checks and to make sure everyone has everything working properly. The game will start promptly at 8pm EDT. (the time listed on the calendar)
Runtime can be expected to be within 4-5 hours.

Gwaihir Scout
September 15th, 2012, 22:08
OK, Dominic, MorQuesse, Erulisse, Sierra, and Nithrang are with me. I'll shamelessly steal Blackfoot's stuff up there. Just replace the FG server with "good luck nosy turtle" and I'll see you this evening.

Gwaihir Scout
September 16th, 2012, 06:20
Thanks for playing. My players, if you want me to add in purchases, you'll need to give me everything: Starting XP, Fame, prestige, and gold. Otherwise, I'll just give you the basics and you can take care of it.

lachancery
September 16th, 2012, 12:06
Thanks for playing. My players, if you want me to add in purchases, you'll need to give me everything: Starting XP, Fame, prestige, and gold. Otherwise, I'll just give you the basics and you can take care of it.
Thanks for hosting the game! Just give me the basics for MorQuesse - I will take care of it in my next scenario.

acyd69
September 16th, 2012, 17:41
Yes, thanks for the adventure. Sierra has 0 XP, 0 prestige and 0 Fame, 23 gp starting coins. There are no purchases she wishes to make.

Skellan
September 16th, 2012, 22:28
Thanks very much for the scenario last night, I really enjoyed it. Hope I can join another soon and get to know the rules well enough to run a scenario

I learned a couple of things:

a) Pathfinder is lots of fun
b) At my age I should know better than to stay up all night roleplaying!

Blackfoot
September 17th, 2012, 02:04
Fortunately, we do run some more Euro-friendly games than last night's time slot.

Skellan
September 17th, 2012, 02:50
That would be better but its ok as I am a bit of a night owl anyway.

Gwaihir Scout
September 18th, 2012, 03:01
Here are the chronicles for the Part 2 group. Thanks for playing.