PDA

View Full Version : LFP for My Life with Master

mgholson
September 4th, 2012, 02:55
My Life with Master (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Life_with_Master), my wife saw me reading this book and became worried I was spending too much time on the internet. But when I explained the concept to her, she was like, huh thats weird.

Hmm, not a good introduction let me start over.

OK in My Life with Master you role play the minions of an Evil Master. The Master wishes to fullfill some kind of impossible longing that will impress a group of outsiders. To do this he sends his minions out to further his twisted desires. Think Doctor Frankenstein sending Igor out to collect bodies to construct a flesh golem.

Minions aren't horrible monsters like their master, they are just people with unfortunate circumstances who are manipulated into serving the master because of fear and self loathing. The goal of the game is gather enough love to summon the courage to kill the master.

MLWM is cinematic, players only have 3 stats, and none of them are hit points. It is refreshingly different. It is only designed to last a few sessions and is designed so every character has an apporpriate ending.

I don't think you'll need the book to play, I think I can explain everything, but it would definitly help. I think the generic ruleset (https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/File:Generic.zip)would work fine for this game. If you're interested drop a line or PM me, I have a feeling a game like this doesn't need more then 4 players.

Vemocleus
September 4th, 2012, 06:13
Sounds interesting, when would the sessions be?

Manium
September 4th, 2012, 06:14
I love this game, I have bought the pdf but never got around to playing a session.
Sign me up!

CrazyYodler
September 4th, 2012, 06:47
I'm interested in playing with you all. One questions which was asked before as well would be when you plan on having the sessions.

mgholson
September 4th, 2012, 12:29
Great, weekends are out, but other then that I'm open. I'm in central time.

Vemocleus
September 4th, 2012, 18:41
Central as well, Tuesday and Thursday nights work best for me, I don't know how everyone else fits in.

CrazyYodler
September 4th, 2012, 21:36
Depending on the time, I have vocal sessions on Tuesdays. So unless we are playing around 8:30pm central I wouldn't be able to. If that's good for you guys we could do that. Since on those days I could always be there since I have nothing else planned on those days.

Thursdays are give and go. Since I have part time job in college, most of the times i'm not working on Thursdays. Every once in a while I am popped in there.

mgholson
September 5th, 2012, 16:12
I'm good with Tuesday at 8:30 Central.

Manium
September 6th, 2012, 17:03
Tuesdays 8:30 (CST) works for me ^^.

EDIT: Lost my .pdf somewhere in the cloud :/, might need to have the rules explained to me on gameday.

Dr_Babylon
September 8th, 2012, 00:43
Done some reading on the subject, boss, and I suppose you can count on me for this thing. If you'll have me, of course.

May I say there's something rather...dire about this system and that suits me fine. Mania, you say? Despair? Sounds like a party.

mgholson
September 8th, 2012, 03:42
Great, one thing I want to make sure everyone knows is that this isn't a long term commitment, probably 3 sessions max, maybe less.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=889

First session is going to be 9-11 at 8:30 Central.

Dr_Babylon
September 8th, 2012, 05:10
I will do my best to make that time. I work until either 800 or 830 that night dependent on a couple of factors but...we shall see.

Should I presume for the first session we need bring only ideas? Or are other preparations suggested?

CrazyYodler
September 9th, 2012, 07:33
I dont have the rulebook so you may have to bare with me as I learn as well. From what you said it shouldnt be to bad.

mgholson
September 9th, 2012, 14:49
yeah don't worry much about that, I've never played it before but we'll figure it out as we go, there's only a handfull of things that need to be rolled anyway.

Only thing you need to think about is what kind of master you want and what kind of minion you want. Master is a group effort, minion is your own personal thing.

Two important aspects for your master, Less then Human More then Human.

Less should be a limitation with a very narrow exception, for example, mute except when under starlight, or walks slowly with a cane during the day but can move normally at night. Ghastly ugly unless viewed in a mirror. What ever it is, it should cause your player some stress.

More then Human is the same thing, but a surreal supernatural power with a narrow exception. Can cure disease, except in the old. Can see when others are lying, except when its about them. Is supernaturally strong and sturdy, but only after eating spinach.

Your minion also needs two personal connections which will provide the love a character needs to eventually overthrow the master. These are villiagers whom your minion has taken an interest in, a child who hangs out at the cemetery, a widow woman who collects wild flowers, the old blind man who makes good soup. You can make them personally connected, but in a way that the connection doesn't know.

CrazyYodler
September 9th, 2012, 23:51
When we have enough players we can have a brain storm session. With some hilarity for sure.

mgholson
September 11th, 2012, 19:30
Just letting everyone know we're on for tonight, if you're interested stop by and check the game out, I think there will be plenty of room and you really don't need to know anything to start.

8:30 Central Time

alias should be Loud Zone Dashing Zone

Don't forget you'll need the above mentioned Generic Ruleset

Dr_Babylon
September 12th, 2012, 06:48
Exploring new avenues of botanical science.
Accomplishing great things in plant growth.
Developing an all new secret formula for mulch...

The Master's work must continue.
Wouldn't you like to be a thrall? A drudge? A peon?
Free will and ethics are but trifles.

mgholson
September 20th, 2012, 20:41
Playing tonight, 8:30 central if I get some willing participants.

Could use another player or two and everyone's welcome.

Vemocleus
October 12th, 2012, 03:15
Game not up this week? Trying to connect with 'loud zone dashing zone', nothing happening. Problem on my end (wouldn't suprise me) or...?

Dr_Babylon
October 12th, 2012, 03:18
I seem to be unable to attend as well. It is hard to be a misfit. No one wants to be alone.