PDA

View Full Version : Snap-to-Grid and Party Sheet

Crossfireue
August 29th, 2012, 16:14
Hey there – I just played my first in-depth Pathfinder game in FG last night. I had played a short skirmish a while back with it to get the feel for combat, but last night I had a few more chances to use the ruleset. I came across a couple of strange things and I was wondering if somebody could shed some light on these for me...

Map grid; It seems to me that a token can sit on the vertices of the map grid, instead of inside the grid squares. Is this a bug or a feature? I'd rather not have tokens being able to snap to anywhere on the grid vertices, I'd rather them snap directly into the inside of the grid.

Party Sheet; None of my PCs character classes are showing up in the Party Sheet, even though the class is filled out in the Character Sheets. I also don't see PC languages showing up, either. I'm still farting around with other features of the Party Sheet (which, for the most part, I love). What do people use the Marching Order section for, the little sketch-pad area next to where the Watch Order is listed?

Callum
August 29th, 2012, 18:22
The snap-to-vertex on the grid is a feature - it enables tokens that are an even number of squares wide to position correctly.

wbcreighton
August 29th, 2012, 20:00
Party Sheet; None of my PCs character classes are showing up in the Party Sheet, even though the class is filled out in the Character Sheets. I also don't see PC languages showing up, either. I'm still farting around with other features of the Party Sheet (which, for the most part, I love). What do people use the Marching Order section for, the little sketch-pad area next to where the Watch Order is listed?

I haven't used the party sheet much. The marching order section is to drag pc tokens into that area and arrange them into default marching order; the way you might do with miniatures. When the party encounters a trap, monster etc, the GM can reference the marching order to position the pcs on a map. It is completely optional of course.

Griogre
August 30th, 2012, 04:11
You have to drag the PC tokens onto the Party sheet like you do onto the combat tracker to get them to show up on the Party Sheet. On the party order, I use it. Its just the default party order. I have them set up a single file, double file and outdoor order ahead of time. It's not that big a deal in a campaign but in organized play it can really help the PCs get organized, especially in site based adventures where they may be doing a lot of exploring.

Crossfireue
August 30th, 2012, 14:25
I've been able to get the characters into the Party Sheet properly, but as I mentioned, it's not properly displaying class or language. It's not a huge deal, as I can always reference that directly in the character sheet (and I know what class all of my players are), but I'm concerned that it might not be grabbing other information that I may not yet be aware of. This is not a deal-breaker for me by a long-shot when it comes to using the Party Sheet (I love using it to doll out XP with encounters).

Tubel
September 3rd, 2012, 11:32
I have the same issue with the class not showing on the party sheet Cross

Moon Wizard
September 4th, 2012, 19:29
I'll check it out, and include a patch in the next version if I find something.

Thanks,
JPG

Crossfireue
September 5th, 2012, 14:19
Thanks for looking into it. I'm using release 2.9.1 and Pathfinder ruleset.

Moon Wizard
September 7th, 2012, 19:45
Hmm, I'm not seeing that issue in my 3.5E/PFRPG campaigns, so I'll need some more information.

For the campaign that you are seeing the issue, can you send me a copy of your db.xml file in your campaign folder to [email protected]?

I may have more questions if I can't recreate with your campaign data.

Thanks,
JPG

Crossfireue
September 11th, 2012, 14:52
Will do – it's a custom campaign I've been building. I'll try to remember to get that sent off today. I appreciate you taking the time to look into it.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I am using PCs imported into FG from PCGen, using the FG2 export file I found here on the forums. I do receive an error when I open up a character sheet (I can't recall the error message right now), but perhaps I will try to copy it or get a screen shot the next time it happens, and post that here.

Thanks!

Tiqon
September 11th, 2012, 17:57
I dont have that problem either... I can see class and language fine.

Crossfireue
September 11th, 2012, 19:09
LIES! All lies! <sob>

Moon Wizard
September 11th, 2012, 19:09
Also, make sure you are using the latest version of the FG Character Converter utility. (v2.9.0C) It will either be available via a link in the Start Menu, or available via the FG Application Data Folder link under the "utilities" sub-folder.

Regards,
JPG

Crossfireue
September 11th, 2012, 19:23
Well, it must be one of Murphy's Laws. All this time I've been having trouble with the Party Sheet not showing this information, and I load it up today to get some screen shots of it, and lo and behold the information is showing properly. I did get a capture of the error I receive when I open a character sheet, though...

https://i.imgur.com/7JYzu.jpg

And even though it's fixed itself, here are the screen shots from my Party Sheet;

https://i.imgur.com/A8cFi.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/ZmCyG.jpg

I don't know what the issue was, but it seems to have righted itself. At any rate, here is a link to the db.xml file for my campaign;

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/4880030/db.xml

Tiqon
September 11th, 2012, 19:26
Moon_wizard fixed it by MAGIC! Dont mess with him ;).

Seriously: Thats just typical heh!

Moon Wizard
September 11th, 2012, 19:29
There were some field incompatibility issues in older versions of the character converter that were addressed in the latest version.

If you are using the latest version of the character converter, I can still look into the script error, since it might be an issue still.

Regards,
JPG