PDA

View Full Version : Items creation DOES NOT WORK - They work like STORY.

gamemasterbob
August 26th, 2012, 23:52
ITEMS work like STORIES. Need a fix.
I have version 3.2.0
I also use the Feature Improvements 0.58 - Disengaging this does not help.
Am I doing something wrong?
Is there a fix?

Thanks.
Bob

phantomwhale
August 27th, 2012, 01:04
Hi Bob,

What about item creation is not working for you ?

It is worth noting that Savage Worlds has quite a simple interface for items currently - it's basically a notes page. Perhaps this is what you are referring to ?
Weapons and Armour received some enhancements in v3.2, such that the stats for these are copied around between PCs and NPCs.

What sort of fix are you looking for ? I had thought about putting some item improvements into SWEX at some stage, but it hasn't come up as much of a priority for users so far on the wish list.

Regards,
Ben

gamemasterbob
August 28th, 2012, 05:01
I think....
If "Items" is "Notes" then we don't need both. Format "Items" for "Mundane Items" - Item/Cost/Weight. That's what it needs. Each Folder can be a type of items.

BTW - Any chance of Mundane Items becoming Drag and Drop from the table?

AND...
Yes, I can reenter data on a weapon or armor placed on a character however it would be nice to have a place to put them for re-use and not have to recreate them or drag and drop them from a character.

Nice work by the way. I am a new fan of SW and having an FGII version is very cool. Thanks.

phantomwhale
August 28th, 2012, 05:26
You can drag and drop weapons from the library modules too.

But yes, I can see having an item's "book" that holds several types of item (general, weapon, armor for starters) would be a useful enhancement, and give weapons / armor a place to live that's not a PC / NPC sheet or a static module entry (which I think is what you were getting at)

Then adding drag and drop support of mundane items into the inventory / between characters too.

Feel free to add something in the wish list (link below) - I'm surprised this hasn't come up before. Then maybe share the link here so others can easily find and vote on it :) It's something I'm keen to do, but as you can see from the wishlist, there are some very high voted issues sitting there unimplemented currently...

Draeus
October 30th, 2012, 21:25
Another use is to have items identifiable. So gm see's magical item powers and pcs do not until they get them researched or identified.

Would be handy, not essential.

spacce1889
October 31st, 2012, 04:31
not sure if this is doable but be nice if a dm could put an alert if a paticulare item is used, but it is always fun to give your greedy players not what they think:D

ShotGun Jolly
November 14th, 2012, 23:57
The ability to create an item, and then being able to drag said item to the character sheet of a PC would be awesome. Items already created in the mod work this way as is. Its the items we create ourselves we can not drag over for use.

This would be an awesome benefit if it can be done.

Ikael
November 16th, 2012, 19:00
At least such feature is already planned and top priorized in SWFI extension development. I am planning to start developing it starting from 2nd december when I arrive back home from holiday trip. Meanwhile I would actually love to hear what such a feature needs? -- In my initial vision I am planning to revise the current Item window to contain several new tabs: Item, Common, Armor, Melee weapons, Ranged weapons, Vehicles (yes this own "book" will be moved under items), etc. GM has capability to create any number of any typed item and each type has own set of fields to fill in. Thereafter GM can export these items to module or share them as-is to players, and players could drag-and-drop them to their inventory (and to weapons). Any other ideas?