PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the Deadlands Module

bislab
August 23rd, 2012, 07:51
I'm getting ready to run "The Flood" for my game group and I've purchased the Deadlands players and GM's modules, adventure cards and I already own the Savage worlds mod. I own the hard back Deadlands: Reloaded book, the version that was one book and not split in two. I also own the Flood hard back. I'm turning this adventure into a mod for my personal use and I'm noticing some things as I go along that look like they are missing, or perhaps it is a design choice due to their being a newer version of DL:reloaded out. My first find, was the lack of Guts as a skill which was addressed in an earlier post. Now i'm finding that the gear section of the DL modules, weapon and melee...are empty! Where are my hatchets and Gatling weapons! Is this just a design choice to use the base equipment from SWEX now? My original DL:Reloaded book has an equipment list for all the things suitable for a horror/western campaign.

bislab
August 23rd, 2012, 08:00
Ah, I see that there is a table with all the weapons and such on it. It's just odd that there are two library headings, Ranged and melee that are just empty pages.

phantomwhale
August 23rd, 2012, 08:48
Shouldn't be any empty pages in the library modules, but that said sometimes a funny version conflict can cause problems.

I think I patched a couple of problems in the upcoming version, but this might be something I've not been made aware of yet. Can you let me know (screengrabs are awesome) which pages are showing up blank, and where the link is (e.g. on the main library page, or from one of the actual module pages ? And where that link is ?)

Finally, if you could run a "/version" command from the chat log and let me know what is displayed, along with the version of FGII you are running, that makes sure I am checking on the same version as you are using !

-PW-

bislab
August 23rd, 2012, 09:09
I had exited FG2 and restarted it to get you the screen captures, and now the pages are not empty. Here are two shots, one with my version info, the other with the pages open. It appears that the problem is sporadic, as I'm positive i've had those same two pages open more than once and saw blank fields. I have FG2 version 2.9.1 and am running this in Ubuntu linux.

Pic 1 (https://ubuntuone.com/0T3Ssh4fzvC1vEpPNUhfov)

Pic 2 (https://ubuntuone.com/2hEdzr0rIJNvhcSFOa8wvG)

phantomwhale
August 23rd, 2012, 11:49
I think I've seen them blank on occasion myself - was wondering if that was something I'd patched, or something that has "just happened now and then" and never fixed. Over time, it's hard to keep track sometimes...

Nonetheless, what you have screen grabbed is what I would expect you to see. Finally note that there is a little "preview" extension at the link below that fixed the big gap at the top (introduced by FG v2.9) if it bothers you. Otherwise the fix will be in the next release version of SWEX.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16948

And, of course, let me know if you see it again !

bislab
August 23rd, 2012, 13:51
I hadn't actually noticed the gap before. I've got to say though, the more I dig into making my 'Flood', the more impressed I am with FG2, and your rules set and modules in particular Mr. PhantomWhale. Thank you very much for all your quick replies as well!