PDA

View Full Version : Chat commands not working?

jvgriffis
August 21st, 2012, 19:29
Hey gang,

Just trying to get it rolling here, I haven't actually run a SW game before. Group and I are trying to use it as an adjunct to live + G+ Hangout play. It's working very well, but I am trying to set up my computer as the host (since I am the GM!).

In short: / commands are completely ignored. Any common issue with that? Not a problem with included 3.5 ruleset so it's not the fact that I'm on Ubuntu + wine....

Something must have been missed when installing the msi maybe?

Assistance greatly appreciated!

Griogre
August 21st, 2012, 19:36
Not that I'm aware of and I did use /w in my game last Friday. If you are using google hangouts I do wonder if it's possible that FG doesn't have focus?

jvgriffis
August 21st, 2012, 19:58
Ahhhh, interesting. I was expecting something like '/help' to actually, you know, do something.
But no... so, is there a doc listing the available commands?

I need to import a guy created by a player from his own machine... can't figure out how to get that done.

Moon Wizard
August 21st, 2012, 20:18
The help message is provided by each ruleset, since each ruleset can have a unique set of commands.

If you send a command that is not valid (including /help) in the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, they will spit out a list of chat commands that are available.

Also, you can check out the available chat commands for the 3.5E and 4E rulesets in their respective online manuals.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_chat_commands.xcp
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_chat_commands.xcp

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
August 21st, 2012, 20:22
I need to import a guy created by a player from his own machine... can't figure out how to get that done.
User /importchar to import XML exported from another machine (using /exportchar).

jvgriffis
August 21st, 2012, 21:17
Hi moon_wizard - there is no such help for the SW ruleset, perhaps that needs to be addressed by the authors? I have nearly zero XP in 3.5 and thankfully none at all in 4th, FG or real world. That's why this is in the SW forum. :)

/importchar (and /exportchar) doesn't appear to do anything in the SW ruleset, but opens a std dialog box in 3.5.

Does anyone use the SW ruleset and import PCs?

Trenloe
August 21st, 2012, 21:28
What version of the Savage Worlds ruleset are you using? V3.2 brought in the /exportchar & /importchar functionality, item 3 on the new lists in the first post of here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15778

Also - are you running any extensions? Extensions can cause loss of functionality. Disable all extensions and try using the slash commands within a new Savage Worlds campaign without any extensions loaded.

jvgriffis
August 21st, 2012, 22:03
sigh.
I should pay more attention when I haven't looked at something in a while.

I was just uninstalling and reinstalling the old 3.0.8 version.

Crisis averted. Stupidity setting in at old age!

Trenloe
August 21st, 2012, 22:20
sigh.
I should pay more attention when I haven't looked at something in a while.

I was just uninstalling and reinstalling the old 3.0.8 version.

Crisis averted. Stupidity setting in at old age!
I like it when there's a simple solution! :)

jvgriffis
August 21st, 2012, 23:59
I like it better when the simple solution doesn't involve me bein' a dumbass!

Carry on, excellent work on this thing, combine with G+ Hangout and it's gold, Jerry.