PDA

View Full Version : Game Announcement: 04-01 Rise of the Goblin Guild

Talen
August 20th, 2012, 12:12
Rise of the Goblin Guild is the first scenario for the newly minted fourth season of Pathfinder Society Play designed for levels 1-5. When a monster is discovered on the grounds of the Pathfinder Lodge at Heidmarch Manor in Magnimar, an investigation into its appearance leads the PCs deep under the City of Monuments—and face to face with a burgeoning thieves’ guild.

I will be running Rise of the Goblin Guild, but please continue reading to make sure this game is for you.

This game has been rescheduled to 9/1 from 6am-11am EST (GMT-4).

The initial feedback on this first scenario of the season is that it can be deadly. If the possibility of your pc dying is unpleasant, please do not sign up for this game.

While I have run several Pathfinder games now, I have been out of the loop for several months and will likely be rusty. If you have a low tolerance for DM fallibility, please do not sign up for this game.
Assuming none of the above has scared you off, this looks like a fun scenario and the Game Calendar entry can be found here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=878). Please upload your exported character here along with your PFS number and faction (you can PM your faction to me if you would prefer this to be private).

Ok, I have updated the game announcement thread and game calendar for the new date on Saturday 9/1 starting at 6am EST. I have the following players and will need them to post their character sheets here no later than 2 days before the game. If you cannot play and I have you listed, please let me know and I will remove you from the list.

Players

1. Seajackson 23
2. Manium
3. Blackfoot
4. Sarien
5. Gwahir Scout
6. Bloodlust

Alternates
7. Willot
8. Noelle

Gwaihir Scout
August 20th, 2012, 14:33
Dang it! Can't make it. How's the new season look so far?

Talen
August 20th, 2012, 15:14

I like some of the changes at first blush...good use of some new mechanics and advanced race guide material and the personality of some of the npc's is presented well in my opinion.

Hard to provide more detail without having played it yet and simultaneously avoiding spoilers.

Mazz0382
August 20th, 2012, 16:33
Darn, had to be Tuesday huh? If it were Wed. and Thurs. I'd be all over it. O well, can't win them all :pirate:

OrenSatov
August 20th, 2012, 16:40
Is a Lite license required?

Talen
August 20th, 2012, 16:48
Yes, a lite license is required. It's mentioned in the game calendar, but I'll make sure it's clearer the next time I post a game.

Trenloe
August 20th, 2012, 17:54
I'm interested to see how season 4 looks too - I'm running some games in a convention in Australia in 5 weeks, but hoping I might get to play some of them before I GM.

One thing that is "new" in the 4th season is that the scenario encounters are now designed with 6 PCs in mind - all previous seasons were designed for 4 PCs.

Talen
August 20th, 2012, 18:57
Yep, but they do give direction on how to scale down for 4 which is nice. That part alone makes the scenarios much more flexible.

Sarien
August 20th, 2012, 22:53
I'm in the same boat; Wednesday plus Thursday would be perfect. Can't make Tuesday (unless start time can be pushed back to 10 PM eastern).

damned
August 21st, 2012, 00:41
I'm interested to see how season 4 looks too - I'm running some games in a convention in Australia in 5 weeks, but hoping I might get to play some of them before I GM.

oooooeeerr - SydCon is on! Thanks for the heads up Trenloe :)
Sadly I think I will struggle to go this time round... im doing ToughMudder the weekend before and the wife is cranky with how much time that takes up - the actual day + all the training is causing me some grief :(
i will certainly try tho...

Manium
August 21st, 2012, 07:15
My blade at your service!
My .xml is attached, but my character just hit lvl 2 so he hasn't had a chance to advance, I'll do this before the game starts tomorrow.

Talen
August 21st, 2012, 10:14
Ok, it looks like we may have 4 players and enough for a table - but I'd love to have 2 more to be safe! However, I need everyone to do the following by 5pm Est for the game to go off as planned tonite.

1. Post their exported (preferably fg but hero lab works) PFS legal character.
2. Send me their pfs number.
3. Send me their faction.

Talen
August 21st, 2012, 10:15
My blade at your service!
My .xml is attached, but my character just hit lvl 2 so he hasn't had a chance to advance, I'll do this before the game starts tomorrow.

Thanks, I'll review him tonite and have the server up about an hour before the game.

avro5731
August 21st, 2012, 17:08
I'd love to play but have another game going... wish this was posted earlier.

Thank for running it anyway, I will be watching for more.

Talen
August 21st, 2012, 17:44
Yeah, I understand thi was very short notice, but was hoping (and still am) that we could throw something together quickly. I will definitely run a second game for those that expressed an interest.

avro5731
August 21st, 2012, 21:16
Yeah, I understand thi was very short notice, but was hoping (and still am) that we could throw something together quickly. I will definitely run a second game for those that expressed an interest.

Interest (pending date and time) :rv:

Talen
August 21st, 2012, 22:00
Things aren't looking good for today's (and tomorrows game) as 2 have had to drop and I only have one character sheet so far. I know the lack of notice was a big deterrent but was hoping we could make it happen. So, that being said, I'm going to call off today and reschedule.

My availability is unfortunately very limited so we are likely looking at weird hrs. How many would be able to make a Saturday or Sunday game that started at 6am EST and ended at 11am (GMT-4). If there is interest I could run starting sept 1. I'd like to run all the season 4 mods this season (time and interest permitting). I have the first 2 done.

avro5731
August 21st, 2012, 22:30
Cant this sat have all day games. Might make the Sept 1st since I cant go to Dragon Con

Manium
August 21st, 2012, 23:32
Sept. 1st works for me

Sarien
August 22nd, 2012, 00:14
9/1 is okay by me.

Blackfoot
August 22nd, 2012, 15:55
I can play at 6am EDT 9/1... you talking about doing the full run then? 6-10 or 11ish?

Talen
August 22nd, 2012, 16:16
Yes, the full run in 1 session. I will post anew announcement, calendar entry and thread sometime tonight- looks like we have enough interest.

Blackfoot
August 22nd, 2012, 16:20
I know I, for one, was interested all along, but I couldn't make the schedule as I had prior commitments. Two nights on short notice is tough to swing.

Talen
August 22nd, 2012, 16:26
Understood- interest meaning the day and time as well as the scenario. I might still try a 2 day spread in the future since 5hr blocks are hard to come by, but I'll make sure I give much more notice next time.

Blackfoot
August 22nd, 2012, 16:28
I'm sure you'll get much better availability that way... I can definitely do two short nights if the timing is right and I have enough advance warning.

Talen
August 22nd, 2012, 21:49
Ok, I have updated the game announcement thread and game calendar for the new date on Saturday 9/1 starting at 6am EST. I have the following players and will need them to post their character sheets here no later than 2 days before the game. If you cannot play and I have you listed, please let me know and I will remove you from the list.

Players

1. Seajackson 23
2. Manium
3. Blackfoot
4. Sarien
5. Gwahir Scout
6. Bloodlust

Alternates
7. Willot
8. Noelle

Gwaihir Scout
August 22nd, 2012, 21:57
Do I really want to wake up at 5 AM?

Yes, I do. It's the new season, and my schedule's gotten a lot tighter recently, so it'll be probably be awhile before I get another chance.

Talen
August 22nd, 2012, 22:03
Do I really want to wake up at 5 AM?

Yes, I do. It's the new season, and my schedule's gotten a lot tighter recently, so it'll be probably be awhile before I get another chance.

Lol. Same problem on my end! I've added you as the 5th player.

Bloodlust
August 23rd, 2012, 00:30
Very keen to play :)

Talen
August 23rd, 2012, 03:23
Very keen to play :)

Ok, I'll add you too! That means, assuming everyone posts their characters here and shows for the game, we have a full table. I'll still queue up alternates as its still over a week away and schedules might change. Having said that, please send me your characters as soon as possible so I can take a look at them.

Blackfoot
August 23rd, 2012, 03:24
I think there were 2 other guys signed up on the calendar before Bloodlust... I'm not sure who was first.

Bloodlust
August 23rd, 2012, 03:44
By the same token, this is one of the very few games run that is being done at a time that I can play in (being on the other side of the world).

Also, I was only able to sign up for it AFTER the time change (due to the original times being set during my normal work day - I would have loved to have signed up previous to this but it would have been pointless).

Talen
August 23rd, 2012, 04:07
I think there were 2 other guys signed up on the calendar before Bloodlust... I'm not sure who was first.

Since I dont believe the calendar shows sign up order, I'm using the forum thread to establish priority - its not a great solution, but its one I can work with. I dont believe Sarien is on the calendar but had indicated an interest on the forum thread from the beginning as well. I did see your thread discussing the topic of establishing sign up orders and this is a case in point. I will add the other 2 in the calendar as alternates.

Trenloe
August 23rd, 2012, 04:12
Since I dont believe the calendar shows sign up order, I'm using the forum thread to establish priority - its not a great solution, but its one I can work with. I did see your thread discussing the topic. I will add the other 2 in the calendar as alternates.
Yeah, it's not ideal but it is the only way I can think of to get a timestamp on someone applying.

Willot
August 23rd, 2012, 10:32
Here's my character incase others dont make it

Talen
August 23rd, 2012, 11:49
Thanks willot!

Blackfoot
August 24th, 2012, 21:44
Trying to figure what would be a good class to bring to the table...
Looking at the roster I see a fair number of question marks:

1. Seajackson23 - ?
2. Manium - Rogue/2
3. Blackfoot - ?
4. Sarien - ?
5. Gwahir Scout - Oracle/3(or Witch/2)
6. Bloodlust - Ranger/1

Alternates
7. Willot - Cleric/1
8. Noelle - Druid/4
9. doombunny - Bard/3?

I guess I best decide for myself... Hrm... that does make it a bit harder.
I really want to play my 1st level Tengu... but... my Necromancer/3 wouldn't be bad for this group... hrm.

Talen
August 29th, 2012, 11:06
The deadline for uploading your character sheets for the upcoming game is Thursday. After that, I will start accepting alternates characters for the game according to the order below. Give a shout if you have any questions before hand and see you bright and early on Saturday.

1. Seajackson 23
2. Manium
3. Blackfoot
4. Sarien
5. Gwahir Scout
6. Bloodlust

Alternates
7. Willot
8. Noelle
9. Kleamovich

Bloodlust
August 29th, 2012, 11:10
I'll be there dead-on or just before start time. I have to run from the city :)

Talen
August 29th, 2012, 12:13
No problem! just upload your character sheet today or tomorrow as that will reserve your spot.

Blackfoot
August 29th, 2012, 20:03
Here is Inquisitor Stick.
39241-8
Starting Gold: 17gp
XP: 2
PP: 4(4)
Faction: Andoran
Chronicle #3

Gwaihir Scout
August 30th, 2012, 03:14
Here's Shaela. I'm also including the witch and familiar in case we play 1-2, since playing down with 6 people makes it too easy. Also less gold.

Bloodlust
August 30th, 2012, 07:11
It doesn't look like we have anyone with any kind of healing. Could be a very short game if so.

Manium
August 30th, 2012, 10:57
Stock up on Potion of CLW before-hand.
If not for yourself, to force-feed an ally if/when the time comes.

Blackfoot
August 30th, 2012, 13:34
Stick has a couple of healing spells and we have no idea what the rest of the group are... we have 3 'unknowns' remaining. I'm not overly concerned since if they don't get their characters in today we'll have a cleric as well.

Blackfoot
August 30th, 2012, 13:40
Current Roster:
2-Rogue - Merric
1-Inquisitor - Stick
2-Witch - Mariel
1-Ranger - Jamal
2-Rogue - Ba'utan

unknown

Wait List:
1-Cleric - Banic
4-Druid - no file
unknown

Gwaihir Scout
August 30th, 2012, 14:31
Shaela: "What am I, chopped liver? Fine, I don't have to heal you. I'd much rather be seeing my enemies flee before me."

*ahem* Sorry about that, but she insisted I include it. Maybe if you ask nicely, she'll consider using your wand of CLW.

Mariel (the witch), on the other hand, won't hold it against you. Much.

Blackfoot
August 30th, 2012, 16:25
Witches can cast healing spells as well. I really don't think there will be an issue as far as healing goes...
We may be a little short on fighters... rangers and rogues not being the best at that sort of thing... :D

Bloodlust
August 30th, 2012, 16:30
Attached character sheet.

Sarien
August 31st, 2012, 01:54
I'll be bringing Ba'utan, Tiefling Rogue2.
PFS #13982-5; Szcarni

Talen
August 31st, 2012, 02:53
Ok, here's what I have so far:

PLAYER CHARACTER FACTION (can be sent in private)
1. Seajackson 23 Need Need
2. Manium Merric Need
3. Blackfoot Stide Andoran
4. Sarien Ba'utan Scarni
5. Gwahir Scout Mariel/Shaela/Flit Need
6. Bloodlust Jamal Need

Alternates
7. Willot Banic Need
8. Noelle Need Need
9. Kleamovich Need Need

If I missed a pc or otherwise have something wrong above, please let me know.

Bloodlust
August 31st, 2012, 05:18
Jamal's faction is Qaadira

Willot
August 31st, 2012, 13:01
Banic is Taldor

Manium
September 1st, 2012, 00:10
Merrics just default Grand Lodge (though he should switch over to Shadow Lodge, meh)
I've also attached his token/portrait.

And I'll be on an hour before the game starts so I can do my level up. :]
Hope that's no inconvenience, GM.

Talen
September 1st, 2012, 00:20
I will have the server open an hour before hand barring any mishaps.

Talen
September 1st, 2012, 10:19
The server is up - Merric - I did not add your token, but you should be able to select your own portrait when I can then use for a token regardless. Willott, it looks like you are in for this morning if you can make it - I never got a character from seajackson.

Bloodlust
September 1st, 2012, 11:07
Updated character:

Sarien
September 1st, 2012, 11:18
what is the server info, and are you using voice? (skype? I'm dendrick390)

Talen
September 1st, 2012, 11:23
Community TS server is fgts.servegame.com, no password. The FG server alias info is in the calendar.

Talen
September 3rd, 2012, 00:15
I have reported Saturday's game and here are the chronicles. Please email me if there are any issues. Thank you for a fun session and thank you for your patience as I got back into dm'ing PFS.

Manium
September 3rd, 2012, 05:58
Talen could you send me the .xml file of my character (Merrick)?
I'd like to save it for future use ^^

Willot
September 3rd, 2012, 11:21
I have reported Saturday's game and here are the chronicles. Please email me if there are any issues. Thank you for a fun session and thank you for your patience as I got back into dm'ing PFS.
Cool!

Ill probaby have a go at a couple of one shots at some time as I use to DM 3.0 D&D YEARS AGO (and rolemaster) but Ive only played in like 3 games in FGII and Have to get to know PAthfinder a bit better. ANd after all that I may do some PFS games once I get to grips

Talen
September 3rd, 2012, 14:36
Here are the exported PC sheets from FG as requested.