PDA

View Full Version : Signup Issues.

Blackfoot
August 18th, 2012, 17:13
I am noticing one significant problem (and you all may have seen it as well) with our new calendar signup setup. The one nice thing we had on the yahoo signups was a timestamp when the player actually signed up. It made GM wait list arbitration when games are full a good bit easier.
The big problem is the GM gets no notification when someone signs up so it may be several hours between his visits, in that time 5 people may have signed up.
I'm wondering about solutions to this.
Seems like players could voluntarily ID themselves as '#3' or whatever in the description line when they sign up... or they could list their current local time (including TIMEZONE) maybe...
The number system seems the simplest... look at the number of players signed up when you sign up and put the proper number in the description line.
What do you folks think?

Trenloe
August 18th, 2012, 17:17
I am noticing one significant problem (and you all may have seen it as well) with our new calendar signup setup. The one nice thing we had on the yahoo signups was a timestamp when the player actually signed up. It made GM wait list arbitration when games are full a good bit easier.
The big problem is the GM gets no notification when someone signs up so it may be several hours between his visits, in that time 5 people may have signed up.
I'm wondering about solutions to this.
Seems like players could voluntarily ID themselves as '#3' or whatever in the description line when they sign up... or they could list their current local time (including TIMEZONE) maybe...
The number system seems the simplest... look at the number of players signed up when you sign up and put the proper number in the description line.
What do you folks think?
The number idea might be open to abuse - or, in extreme cases, 2 players look at the calendar at the same time, think for a few minutes, then apply and put "#6" in their player entry and update...

Perhaps, a sure way of getting a timestamp is for players to post in the game discussion thread that they have applied.

Either way is not fool proof (players need to do what we're asking of them) - but, I suppose, if players don't do as we ask then they're on the waiting list.

Thoughts?

Blackfoot
August 18th, 2012, 17:24
The number solution definitely requires a certain amount of honor and you are right about 2 people possibly signing up at the same time.
I haven't been able to get people to post to the forum yet consistently even without such concerns... but maybe this would give them an incentive.

New group players do have a lot of stuff to sift through... new rules for PFS play, specific requirements for signups... rules for this and that. Obviously some confusion will happen, but it would be best if it were as simple and intuitive as possible.