PDA

View Full Version : How do you make MW weapons?

Tiqon
August 16th, 2012, 10:16
making an item, I found that I could drag a weapon from the library books and edit it.

Like if I wanted to make a +1 dagger, I drag the dagger from the basic book to the Items list for the campaign, and edit it from there, giving it a +1 bonus.

But how do I make a Master work dagger? The dagger would not give a +1 bonus to damage, but would for the attack roll.

What do you guys do about that?

Trenloe
August 16th, 2012, 14:41
Expand the entry for the weapon in the "Actions" tab by pressing the magnifying glass icon to the right of the weapon description. Then add a +1 to only the attacks section.

Tiqon
August 16th, 2012, 14:44
OK. thanks :). I thought about doing it like that (that you confirm it is the way to go, means I'm not TOTALLY clueless ;)). But then it would not be on the weapon as such, but on the character. I guess it is as good as it can get atm :). Beside its only a "problem" with low lvl chars ;).

JohnD
August 16th, 2012, 16:23
What Trenloe outlined is the way it works in FG. If you want to denote that the dagger is MW, simply edit the description to reference that.

Tiqon
August 16th, 2012, 16:39
Yeah I do that :). I just wondered if I missed anything, that wouldnt have been the first time heh!

Phew! it IS a big job preparing a senario, but worth it in the end I belive. There are moments when I work on the campaign I throw my fist in the air in triumph, and that'ss when I find an item or creature I can use as a copy and just edit it to what I wanted :).

I saw the Jason(Xorn?) vid about campaign management and I'm follow his way.. will save me lots of time in the future I think.

I can't wait to try my first time on FG2 :D.

bnason
August 16th, 2012, 17:07
I think you can also type "masterwork" into the properties section of a weapon, which will also give it +1 to attacks automatically, without having to manually adjust the +atk... but I could be wrong on that :)

Trenloe
August 16th, 2012, 17:20
I think you can also type "masterwork" into the properties section of a weapon, which will also give it +1 to attacks automatically, without having to manually adjust the +atk... but I could be wrong on that :)
Yeah, I was just checking on that - you're right, you can put "masterwork" in the properties, but this has to be done before you drag the weapon to the character sheet as the logic that adds the +1 to the attack kicks in during the item drag. If you subsequently remove the masterwork property on the weapon on the character sheet itself the +1 to attack is not removed.

Tiqon
August 16th, 2012, 18:23
This is great! Thanks all!

lachancery
August 16th, 2012, 22:07
Yeah, I was just checking on that - you're right, you can put "masterwork" in the properties, but this has to be done before you drag the weapon to the character sheet as the logic that adds the +1 to the attack kicks in during the item drag. If you subsequently remove the masterwork property on the weapon on the character sheet itself the +1 to attack is not removed.
Hmm, interesting! I just tried it and it worked as follows:

As a GM, I dragged a weapon in the Items, edited the properties to add "masterwork", and then drag that item onto the character sheet. It automatically added "1" in the attack bonus. If you are a player, you can accomplish the same thing by modifying the attack bonus and typing masterwork in the properties.

Thanks for the tip Trenloe.