PDA

View Full Version : Issues accessing the Store

Blaen
August 15th, 2012, 13:06
Hi there, previously I have never had an issue accessing the Store, but of late I am getting security warnings about the FG Store when I try to access it.

Anyone know what's changed?

IE's message:
The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Firefox's message:
You have asked Firefox to connect securely to wwwww.fantasygrounds.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.
Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?
If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

wwwww.fantasygrounds.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is only valid for the following names:
www.fantasygrounds.com , fantasygrounds.com

(Error code: ssl_error_bad_cert_domain)

Blahness98
August 15th, 2012, 15:07
From what I can see, you have 2 extra 'w' in the server address. Using that address (wwwww.fantasygrounds.com/store) causes both chrome and ie to throw security errors. Double check your server address as that may be the issue you are running into.

Blaen
August 15th, 2012, 17:43
So it would appear but these errors are from clicking on the link at the top of the screen that says STORE,not from me entering the address manually.

Which by the way causes the same error....

Griogre
August 15th, 2012, 19:36
It might be cached, I don't get an error when I just clicked Store but I am using chrome.

Blaen
August 15th, 2012, 21:48
tried that too, same result :confused:

Trenloe
August 15th, 2012, 22:23
The link wwwww.fantastgrounds.com (5 w's) seems to work just like www.fantasygrounds.com (3 w's). However, when you go to the store it is now a secure (HTTPS) connection and the secure certificate is just for www.fantasygrounds.com (3 w's).

Make sure that you're initial page is www.fantasygrounds.com and when you hover over the store link that the browser shows www.fantasygrounds.com/store - all 3 w's. I'm thinking your browser is auto-populating with the 5 w's addresses.