PDA

View Full Version : Playtest - Faenvlok: Urban setting

Mgrancey
August 15th, 2012, 02:38
Please sign up at the game calendar and communicate through this thread
Game Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=873)

Homebrew setting with with general plot idea, we'll see where it goes from there.

The festivle of the Turtair comet is coming upon the city, Considered a sign of great portents, the city is preparing itself for a week long celebration while the comet is overhead.

Looking at either Tuesdays or Thursdays for gaming, aiming for about 7 or 8 pm USA East Coast time. Prefer to do character generation before 1st session so we can pickup and go.

mgholson
August 16th, 2012, 02:31
Is there enough information available to generate characters for 5e?

Oh just saw the character creation document. Duh

Mgrancey
August 16th, 2012, 03:19
Seems like a surprising amount of options until you consider the break down of classes. These are you 4 basic types and with the new character design you have a surprising amount of options and so far at least 2 ways it seems to make combo builds.

Anyways, all initial spells and weapons and armor are input. Building library about 1/2 done and entering gear is all PC stuff left to do really.

Mgrancey
August 18th, 2012, 03:34
Majority of work is done, only equipment, bestiary, and todays left to put into the file. Ready to do character construction, free except for Saturday, and Tuesday Thursday next week.

I will need to add Sorcerer and Warlock stuff that got released today, but that is easy to do and shouldn't take more than an hour or two. Double checking for other changes might add some time.

I work until 9 est on Thursday so I wouldn't be able to run until 10ish probably. I'm going to post 2 or 3 offerings of when I can/will run if you guys would vote or mention when would be better.

If anyone interested could please sign up, if you haven't, at https://dndnext.com/ I would appreciate it to cover myself.

World content:

The Turtair comet will be crossing the skies, this is time of celebration as the comet heralds good tidings for the civilized races. Epic monsters are slain, tyrants are over thrown, wars come to a peaceful end, and heroes rise up. When the "Heroes' Comet" comes, it is considered a sign for great deeds to be performed. How much of the legend is true and how much is from purposeful timing is hard to say, but the city of Faenvlok is the starting point of a number of adventuring parties that are going on dangerous and epic quests. The Turtair comet holds special meaning for Faenvlok as it was during the last passing that the evil dragon Redarenesk was slain by a group of heroes. What better place to be to celebrate?

ShadeRaven
August 21st, 2012, 04:22
I've fun about a dozen Next sessions over FG2 now, and it's been great. Here's hoping you have just as good an experience as I have had.

I used 3.5E ruleset. Curious as to which you will be going with?

BigBrutalisk
August 21st, 2012, 05:13
I would like to join, and wednesdays would work best for me. I have meetings I go to tuesday nights from 8-12

Mgrancey
August 21st, 2012, 15:24
Just realized that I didn't list a VoiP so we'll be using the Teamspeak server for FG.

If we can't get it done ahead of time we'll use Wednesday for Character Generation.

Dorcas
August 21st, 2012, 15:45
Crow here. Love virtual top. ^.^

Mgrancey
August 21st, 2012, 16:46
Looks like Wednesday (8/22) will be Character Generation unless people want to do that tonight.

stoloc
August 21st, 2012, 21:19
I could do char gen tonight just let me know the voip info and what time (im eastern time zone)

BigBrutalisk
August 22nd, 2012, 00:23
I can also do creation tonight.

Mgrancey
August 22nd, 2012, 00:52
I will have FG up and running around 8pm tonight. Have to run a quick task then be back.

BigBrutalisk
August 22nd, 2012, 01:07
What all do I need to download, First time playing through FG.

Mgrancey
August 22nd, 2012, 01:23
If you haven't all download the unlicensed version of FGII: here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FGWebInstall.exe)

Then using the Teamspeak server for FGII that someone is kindly hosting, thread for it is here (www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16907)

Then "Join Game" from FGII lobby, type in a simple username something easy to type in and then add the alias "able ogre dead ninja" no quotemarks and use a space between each word. I have the module we will be using for data up and most information is included.

Mgrancey
August 22nd, 2012, 01:24
Oh yeah, FG is up and running. I am in Teamspeak under the Feanvlok channel

stoloc
August 22nd, 2012, 01:33
Well me and Brutal are here in teamspeak but we dont see that channel:)

ElectricCaveman
August 22nd, 2012, 15:34
Sorry I didn't catch that the char creation session was happening in time to be there. Still up for tonight. I can have a character statted out before then; won't take long to plug in the information. The recent influx of players all seem to have a pretty strong idea what they want, but I'm still willing to try whatever needs to be tested. So, if you have a suggestion, let me know.

Mgrancey
August 23rd, 2012, 05:38
If you had applied and didn't attend or respond back I have simply cleared up the calendar of people whose schedules conflicted with the run time, haven't responded very much, or seem to have lost interest. If you are still interested we plan to play on Wednesdays at either 7 or 8 in the evening.

Twilight54
August 23rd, 2012, 23:39
Love the set up and the program works great

ozzborn2kill
August 24th, 2012, 00:11
ozzborn2kill.. Mountain Dwarf fighter twilight54

BigBrutalisk
August 28th, 2012, 21:58
ozzbourne I don't see you on the game calendar

Mgrancey
August 29th, 2012, 02:36
There is a link for it on in the first post, and its down near the bottom when I "found" it.

BigBrutalisk
August 29th, 2012, 20:59
Cadence aka twilight, will not be able to make it tonight he has the 2nd shift for work. me and cyanide will be there. aka goldenhammer.

Disregard this message. He was told not to come in so we are good to go!

Mgrancey
September 4th, 2012, 07:38
Starting a bit later because of checking up on something for class, sorry for delay was waiting to see how deadlines and events would fall.

spiegdon
September 5th, 2012, 04:02
Hope it's not too late to join you guys. I threw my name down on the calendar in case you would still had room. I could certainly attend each Wed. Long time role player, owned FG and some player licenses since late 2007 and have yet to actually use it for more than table side campaign management. I have been GMing some 5E playtest sessions IRL, but that group just broke up. I am anxious to see what it's like on the more colorful side of the screen. I will hop on TS tomorrow night either way and check in. I have a Ranged / Fighter concept that I would love to give a go.

Mgrancey
September 5th, 2012, 18:31
Not a problem, since you know the system you can be ready pretty quickly, all that you'll really need to do is roll stats and put stuff together on the character sheet. I have a majority of it setup for drag and drop. Spells are the only tricky bits, but I generally just fix in game.

Not sure when I will get on, 8 probably at latest. There's a Q&A session for one of my online classes that runs 7-9 on Wednesdays.

They need a melee fighter more than a ranged fighter if it makes a difference, the toughest character is the Cleric that is going a paladin route, but who is also the only healer.

Mgrancey
September 19th, 2012, 16:37
Putting together new computer and getting it setup took longer than expected, so might need to cancel or delay due to being behind on classwork, will update later.

I'll also have to update the alias as well as its probably going to be different.

BigBrutalisk
September 19th, 2012, 21:31
Any updates on if its canceled or not?

Mgrancey
September 19th, 2012, 22:21
On track for getting stuff done, so should be good to go, only delay will be if Q&A session for class at 7 runs long.

New alias is

good seal oily luck

BigBrutalisk
September 20th, 2012, 01:16
Teamspeak server is not working.

Dakadin
September 20th, 2012, 01:41
Teamspeak server is not working.

I just checked and saw you logged into it so I am guessing you got it worked out. :)

BigBrutalisk
October 3rd, 2012, 23:06
Playing Tonight?

Mgrancey
October 4th, 2012, 00:38
Yes. Might be a little late cause of Dinner, but yes.

Mgrancey
October 10th, 2012, 01:22
Possibility that I will be taking a class that runs until 8:30 starting next week, I won't know for certain until Tuesday as I would be using it to replace a class that I want to instead take in the Spring, but I need to graduate.