PDA

View Full Version : Herolabs Familiars

Killian
August 14th, 2012, 15:53
Hey all,

Ran into this last night with another player and now I'm having the same issue. When i have a character with a familiar I am trying to export the familiar and when the converter tries putting it into my FG campaign it fails stating " StartIndex cannot be less than zero."

I've looked over all the stats and struggling to find out where this problem arises. I've already sucessfully exported animal companions so maybe this is strictly a familiar problem. Anyone seen any solutions?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2012, 17:16
Could you attached the .por file here so we can take a look?

I saw a similar problem a while back with a month who didn't have any damage stats on his flurry of blows - it was the damage = 0 that was failing. But, I'm pretty sure that was fixed in a later version of the character converter. What version of the converter are you using?

Killian
August 14th, 2012, 17:32
attached. Please rename file type from .zip to .por (changed it so FG would upload it) using 2.81K

Trenloe
August 14th, 2012, 17:53
OK, the issue you're experiencing is with the damage for the familiar unarmed strike - it is listed as 1-3, in the earlier version of the converter this failed (as it didn't have a dice value for the damage).

This was fixed in the character converter 2.9.0.C. This is available in your <FG Application Data Directory>\utilities folder.

I've exported Ophidia from your .POR file and ran it through character converter 2.9.0.C at there are no errors.

Killian
August 14th, 2012, 19:10
great stuff many thanks I'll bookmark the newest version