PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Custom Calendar for 4th ed.

jow1099
August 13th, 2012, 02:15
I did a search and tried to find some info on the subject but couldn't find much that helped me. I found the calendar 'mod' files and was able to change the extension to .zip and extract the files, edit them, re-zip, and then change the extension back to '.mod' but upon doing that FG2 doesn't recognize the file and just comes up with no module for the calendars at all.

Is there some critical protocol that I'm skipping that formats the .mod file in the appropriate fashion? All editing is done in notepad. Thanks guys I'm still a newbie here but appreciate any help I can get thanks.

Moon Wizard
August 13th, 2012, 03:24
Can you post your module on this thread? One of us should be able to look at it and spot what is happening.

Regards,
JPG

jow1099
August 13th, 2012, 03:40
well that's the thing I hadn't actually inputed in all of my data for my calendar I was just testing the water and trying to edit some of the existing data to see if it would be easy or hard to actually implement..lol. I guess what I need is a tutorial of somekind that would show me a walk through of what to do.

jow1099
August 13th, 2012, 04:46
hazaah the newbie has learned to read!... i downloaded the pak ext mod utility program and repackaged the mod file and the changes stuck so i think i answered my own question...now i just have to fiddle with it till i get it formatted with my data, Thanks for taking the time to read a newbie's post!

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 05:09
It was more than likely that when you zipped the mod back up you zipped the directory level - so the mod file would not be read by FG. A quick way to check is to rename your mod back to .zip, then open it in whatever ZIP program you use. If the first thing you see is just the directory, then it has been zipped 1 level too high.

For FG to work, you need to zip up from within the module directory - select all files in the directory and then zip from there.

Roncorps
August 13th, 2012, 19:42
I did have the same problem. My zipping into a .mod was flawless but not working. Using the .mod creator from SmiteWorks did get rid of any problem and after that everythings was fine.

By the way, don't forget to change definition.xml to make it 4ED or you can write "Any", this way it work with every ruleset that use the calendar mod.