PDA

View Full Version : Notes on the character sheet bug

Draeus
August 11th, 2012, 18:48
Hi,

Here is a problem that has occured lately.

When a player uses the NOTES section of their character sheet to .. make notes.. If they make too many notes the character becomes corrupted.

Basically it stops the player being able to log into FGII and select their character to enter the game.

To fix this ask players to use the Notes Tab along the right hand of the screen and use the NOTES sectoin of their character sheet for bare essentials.

IF a character is blocked out of the game, simply clear all the notes from their character sheet and either send it to them via e-mail for them to copy and paste into the NOTES tab.

Hopes this helps people who get stuck as we did :)

Moon Wizard
September 7th, 2012, 23:55
Will be patched in v2.9.2. You can check out by using Test mode in the Settings, and following beta information in the Laboratory forum.

Basically, the Note fields were exceeding the maximum network buffer size, and causing all sorts of issues. I've upped the network buffer sizes by a factor of 8, and improved error handling for when fields get larger than the network buffer.

Please give it a try and let me know if it's working for you.

Thanks,
JPG

Draeus
September 8th, 2012, 07:08
That's great news :)

Will the patch see changes to allow use of party sheets, calenders and enhanced images?

Moon Wizard
September 8th, 2012, 08:01
I'm not the lead developer for the BRP ruleset, so I don't have any info on plans. I do have some plans on making 3.5E/4E improvements easier to include in other rulesets, but that will be another version update.

Regards,
JPG

Draeus
September 9th, 2012, 17:37
ok, cool to hear :)

I only run BRP and it is a shame to see it fall behind the likes of 3.5 and 4E in the way of game tools.

If I had the focus I would do some scripting to help with these add ons.