PDA

View Full Version : What scenario/module for Saturday 08/18?

Gwaihir Scout
August 11th, 2012, 04:11
I've got several scenarios available for next Saturday. I don't care which I run. Sadly, I cannot do an all-day First Steps marathon for your new aasimar. I'd love to try, but I doubt I'd make it with my sanity intact.

I'm free anytime on Saturday, and times can be suggested or voted for at the signup here(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=870). Currently they're at 1PM and 7PM Central.

Voice will be the community teamspeak server (fgts.servegame.com)

The new 4.2 rules will be in effect. So no synthesist or master summoners.

Macgreine
August 11th, 2012, 04:14
What time were you planning on hosting the game?

Gwaihir Scout
August 11th, 2012, 04:18
Ah, yes. Forgot to mention that in this thread. I'm going to edit the OP with the info.

tamalmeir
August 11th, 2012, 05:13
First steps, please. Would like to try out Aasimar.

Killian
August 11th, 2012, 18:01
Signed up for the Saturday session assuming Frostfur Captives but I can play any scenario If it's First Steps though I'll have a different character to Zohariel.

kozzom
August 12th, 2012, 03:17
Here is my character and pet for the game.

Willot
August 12th, 2012, 04:13
Can I get in on this ?

Banic, lvl 1 Cleric PF# 55772-1

Gwaihir Scout
August 12th, 2012, 17:03
It turns out there is something going on Saturday I really need to do, so I'm afraid that the earlier session is now a no-go. I can still run at the later time I gave, but I know at least one person won't be able to make it. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Never mind, the times were listed in the opposite order on the calendar, so it looks like everyone's OK.

kinevon
August 12th, 2012, 18:09
It turns out there is something going on Saturday I really need to do, so I'm afraid that the earlier session is now a no-go. I can still run at the later time I gave, but I know at least one person won't be able to make it. Sorry about that.

EDIT: Never mind, the times were listed in the opposite order on the calendar, so it looks like everyone's OK.
Well, I can make the later session. Attached is the hlfg output from Hero Labs converted to XML by the Character Converter. Let me know if you need a different format or file to verify the import. Also note that the Wand of Endure Elements is planned as a start of scenario purchase with 2 PP.

And yes, he does have 7 cantrips known legally.

Relic Wyverenight
August 14th, 2012, 00:31
What is this that you guys are attaching for your characters? What exactly do you mean by alternate? One more thing, what do you mean 4.2 rules?

Gwaihir Scout
August 14th, 2012, 02:35
Hi, Relic. They're attaching the export files for their characters, so I can import them and we can be ready to go at game time. And by alternate, I mean that the games are full, but you're the first one in if someone doesn't show up.

The new Pathfinder Society rules are updated to 4.2 with the start of Season 4. Go to https://paizo.com/pathfinderSociety to register, and the rules are here: https://paizo.com/products/btpy84k4

I get the feeling you're new to organized play. I'd explain more, but I don't really have time. There should be plenty of info on this forum and the places I've linked if you dig around, though.

Killian
August 17th, 2012, 18:46
What is this that you guys are attaching for your characters? What exactly do you mean by alternate? One more thing, what do you mean 4.2 rules?

Hey Relic. a .xml file is the format that Fantasy Grounds uses when you export a character. It lets the DM import it ahead of time so everyone's character is ready to go rather than typing in skills spells etc and using up game time.

The maximum number of players at a table is 6 so if more signs up they are alternates and play if somebody doesn't show up. In my expereicne of games an alternate almost always plays as real life intrudes on us all at some point.

Paizo updates their rules for the Pathfinder Society organized play every so often and they've jsut published their latest version, 4.2. It goes live (meaning the changes in it become legal) on the 18th of August. It's a free .pdf file available on the Paizo site.

Can i just get confirmation that we are playing Frostfur Captives? The vote is still even and not sure what one was settled upon.

Gwaihir Scout
August 17th, 2012, 18:59
Can i just get confirmation that we are playing Frostfur Captives? The vote is still even and not sure what one was settled upon.

Yeah, it looks like Frostfur Captives.

Killian
August 17th, 2012, 20:24
Was looking over my character and found quite a glaring error. Crossblooded means I choose 1 associated ability not both, in my first game Zohariel was using both Thunderstaff and Electric Ray. Fixed that. Also looking at it I tweaked the character a little (thankfully allowed so long as the characer has not yet leveled) I've attached an updated .xml with the changes added.

kozzom
August 17th, 2012, 22:51
Hey guys I will not be able to make this game on Saturday night. There are two on the waiting list that can take my place. Thanks.

Gwaihir Scout
August 18th, 2012, 03:09
Hey guys I will not be able to make this game on Saturday night. There are two on the waiting list that can take my place. Thanks.

Thanks for the heads-up. Relic Wyverenight, you're up first, followed by avro5731.

Gwaihir Scout
August 19th, 2012, 00:49
Server's up, and I need characters.

Killian
August 19th, 2012, 00:50
timing my problems it seems my connection cuts out every 2-5 mins for anything from 30 seconds to a minute. No idea of the source but i don't think it's worth putting you all through that kind of hassle. Hope the alternate shows because this is me out I think. Very sorry everyone hope you have a great game.

Manium
August 19th, 2012, 00:59
My blade at your service

Killian
August 19th, 2012, 12:52
Great game everybody though that came pretty close! Was fun seeing you all and sure I will game with you again

Gwaihir Scout
August 19th, 2012, 21:49
And so, despite the rogue being the only one any good at swinging pointy objects, the party was able to deliver their cargo relatively intact. And there was much sighing of relief.

Here are the chronicles. Thanks for playing.

Willot
August 19th, 2012, 23:26
And so, despite the rogue being the only one any good at swinging pointy objects, the party was able to deliver their cargo relatively intact. And there was much sighing of relief.

Dont forget Banic's Blessing of Elric? was that his name? (One dead enemy begins to look the as another after awhile) :p

Gwaihir Scout
August 19th, 2012, 23:38
Ah yes, critting the boss with Inflict Light Wounds. Good stuff.