PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install

Grazel
August 10th, 2012, 23:50
Hello,

Want to try this out before buying a license and I downloaded the installer but every time I run it and start the update it will partially download files but randomly stops downloading and hangs (even left it going while sleeping to see if it would resume and it didn't). If it finishes a module then it seems fine but if it hangs during a module update it keeps restarting that module, which for me has been the 3.5E package. It usually gets from about 10% to 20% (based on the length of the orange bar) and usually hangs somewhere on one of the graphics/fonts/ files. I've tried this on two seperate machines with the same behavior.

Is there another method to get the package files so the updater doesn't have to get them all? I've tried the dev mode as well and that has the same behavior.

Griogre
August 11th, 2012, 01:23
Did you check un-registered when you installed it? If not try doing that and re-install.

damned
August 11th, 2012, 05:29
the current installer versiosn dose seem to have some issues.
disable your antivirus and
"run as administrator" when installing
see if that helps.

Grazel
August 11th, 2012, 11:28
@Griogre: there is no checkbox for unregistered. It just had install/data dir fields, license key and upgrade key fields, products text box, username field, checkboxes for Cross-platform network diagnostics and debug modes, and a radio button for live/test/dev mode.

@damned: I tried that and getting the same behavior. It'll start updating files than at some random point it hangs on updating a file in one of the packages.

BTW: Running Win7 64-bit (one is Pro. other is Home Premium) and same behavior on both.

damned
August 11th, 2012, 13:11
hi Grazel - probably not the greatest first experience with this product.
i actually had similar issue when upgrading to the current 2.9.1 version.
can you tell me which file/extension is getting stuck?
mine was an upgrade so slightly different but it would not update one extension. i deleted the extension and reran - still wouldnt get past it. i eventually copied the 2.9.1 file from another computer and rebooted and reran and it worked - PITA but got there... maybe we have to send you a copy of that particular extension?
it is a great product despite the issues a few people are having with the 2.9.0 and 2.9.1 updater/installers...

Griogre
August 11th, 2012, 21:14
Sorry Grazel, that was my mistake - that will teach me to post right before I go to bed - I must have been half asleep. :p There use to be a separate installer but recently they went to a unified installer. I would suggest send an e-mail to [email protected] and explain your problem what OS you have so they can find and fix the problem with the installer. You might also try again, now. It's possible their servers where under a strain at the time.

Grazel
August 12th, 2012, 22:25
I'm still unable to get it to finish installing, it's still randomly stopping on a file. The package that it seems to be stuck on with both systems is the 35E package (the main one, not the addons one, that one finished).

I've also emailed support as suggesting and included the update.log and 35E patch file from my latest attempt for them to review.