PDA

View Full Version : Divorcing the die roll area from the chat window

Brenn
August 10th, 2012, 10:47
I know a ton of stuff has changed since I last picked up working on my ore ruleset, I was wondering if there were a way to make the dice roll box (the area where an actual dice roll is registered) be in a window other than the chat window.

For example I've included a screen. All things associated with dice rolling in the ORE ruleset are managed through the window on the left side of the desktop, not the chat window. It is necessary because of the pool manipulation that goes on in ORE. It would be logical if that window were the one to be the "dice box" instead of the chat window.

Note: I am not talking about capturing the actual dice rolls, I'm doing that fine. I'm talking about the physical rolling of the dice.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-55iyUUqMOps/UCTRd37VmyI/AAAAAAAAAXY/OihIfh_AOIE/s1468/New+Ore+Screen.jpg

Moon Wizard
August 11th, 2012, 22:56
Currently, the fact that the chat window area = dice rolling area is hard-coded into the FG program. I would have to investigate how to divorce the roll area from the chat window area, and implement new script functions to allow rulesets to control it.

I'll put it on my developer list, and you can add to the wish list in my sig.

Regards,
JPG

Brenn
August 12th, 2012, 00:10
Will do. Obviously it's not a huge deal, really just a matter of aesthetics/logic- I just really wanted to make sure I didn't miss something in the updates because I've been out of pocket for so long.

Moon Wizard
August 12th, 2012, 20:09
It's actually something that I've thought about several times before, so I'm really interested in seeing this happen sooner than later.

Regards,
JPG