PDA

View Full Version : #0-2 The Hydra's Fang Incident. Monday 13th August. Midnight GMT (8pm US Eastern).

Trenloe
August 7th, 2012, 04:19
*** Game discussion thread ***

Game is now full. Creating a waiting list based on the order that people sign up at the calendar entry.

Sign up at the calendar entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=868

*** Please keep all discussions for this game in this thread - don't post comments/questions in the calendar entry (I don't get an email telling me there is a post so I will miss it).

So, the votes are in and Scenario #2: The Hydra's Fang Incident is the first choice with 6 votes.

When? Monday 13th August. Midnight GMT (8pm US Eastern).
Duration: 4.5 - 5 hours.
License needed: any licence (including unregistered) can play.
Voice: TeamSpeak3 - fgts.servegame.com
Tier 1-5, subtiers 1-2 or 4-5.

After an Andoren village is razed by the Hydra's Fang, a renegade Chelish slaver-ship, outrage threatens the stability of both nations. You and your fellow Pathfinders are sent to capture the Fang before the Inner Sea is pitched into political frenzy.

If you want to play, sign up at the calendar entry (link above) and post your character in FG export format here (Sunday at the latest) - instructions on creating/importing/exporting your character here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16961

Any questions please post in this thread.

Bloodlust
August 7th, 2012, 04:26
Is there any chance this can be run earlier in the day or on the weekend?

Mazz0382
August 7th, 2012, 04:30
I'm going to be in a PFS game on Saturday the 11th. Should I wait until after that to post xml or it diesn't matter and just post it asap?

Trenloe
August 7th, 2012, 04:30
Is there any chance this can be run earlier in the day or on the weekend?
Sorry, this is my fairly regular weeknight slot and this is the earliest/latest I can run it.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2012, 04:31
I'm going to be in a PFS game on Saturday the 11th. Should I wait until after that to post xml or it diesn't matter and just post it asap?
You can give me it on Sunday - I know you're good for it! :)

Just sign up on the Game calendar to reserve your slot.

avro5731
August 7th, 2012, 06:08
also have games just before.... post xml asap

Trenloe
August 7th, 2012, 06:18
also have games just before.... post xml asap
No worries.

Please indicate in the Game calendar what level you expect your character to be at when you play this game - it will help us all to have an idea of what subtier the game will be ran at. Thanks. :)

Talen
August 7th, 2012, 10:49
I have signed up with a lvl3 Ranger...export to follow.

kozzom
August 7th, 2012, 13:43
Hi, I have signed up, exporting xml shortly.

Macgreine
August 7th, 2012, 14:17
Signed up with my rouge. Lanciren, level 1.

Killian
August 8th, 2012, 13:59
Hey, applying with Haematite Half Orc Monk 3, 40412-2. XML attached. If you have too many high levels for the tier I can easily play a level 1 I have 2 who have done 1 session each

Trenloe
August 8th, 2012, 16:01
We have 6 players accepted and 1 on the waitlist:

Players

Killian - Haematite - 3 -Half-Orc Monk #40412-2
Talen - Talwynor - 3 - Ranger PFS#37840-1
Macgreine - Lancieren - 1 - Rouge # 39019=1
avro5731 - ??? - 0 - ???
Mazz0382 - Mazz Erdan - 1 - Wizard PFS#58655-1
kozzom - Barin - 1 - Fighter PFS#55012-2

Waiting list

Bandren
deguello - Toblisi - 3 - Half-Orc Barbarian #6413-2

If anyone subsequently can't make it - please give as much notice as possible so that players on the waiting list can be brought in. Not turning up without letting us know is not acceptable!

avro5731 - please provide character details, including the level they will be on Monday after your weekend games. Thanks.

avro5731
August 8th, 2012, 21:51
lvl 3 or 4 (depends if I get to go to my games this weekend. Wives!!!???!?!!!) Half-Orc
Inquisitor PFS# 41731-4

If need be I have a few lvl 1 toons and a lvl 3 war I can drop back too.

Macgreine
August 9th, 2012, 02:26
my character sheet

Talen
August 9th, 2012, 02:29
Here is Talwynor, a level 3 Elven Ranger.

...and Trenloe - are you able to import him with the built in char importer....because I dont seem to be able to at all.

May have found the problem - will test later but this seems to be the issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15025

Sorry for the long chain on this issue and thanks for the assistance Blackfoot, but here's the chracter. Using the old conversion and my subsequent "fixes" were the problem....works fine with the attached file and the built in converter.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2012, 18:40
...and Trenloe - are you able to import him with the built in char importer....because I dont seem to be able to at all.

Actually.. with the new setup you shouldn't need to use the character importer if you are loading a .xml file. In the new setup... a host can upload .xml characters directly into the character selection window by clicking the button at the bottom center of the window. It is actually really easy to use now.

Talen
August 9th, 2012, 18:42
Actually.. with the new setup you shouldn't need to use the character importer if you are loading a .xml file. In the new setup... a host can upload .xml characters directly into the character selection window by clicking the button at the bottom center of the window. It is actually really easy to use now.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Didn't work tho.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2012, 19:03
Yeah, that's what I thought. Didn't work tho.
Hmm.. I tested your file on my machine and it didn't seem to work either. How did you create it? In FG or using the converter from HL? If you save directly from HL as a .xml file it doesn't work... you have to save as a .hlfg file then use the converter to turn it into a FG .xml file.
Apparently the HL .xml and the FG .xml aren't the same thing at all.

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2012, 19:18
Looking at the actual file contents, it would seem that's what you did.
You need to go to 'Save Custom Output' in HL rather than 'Save'... you find the 'Fantasy Grounds' option there.

Talen
August 9th, 2012, 19:29
I had the same problem with the custom output. Ive had this work in the past.hell. Even did a video on it, but I'm stumbling somewhere. Which converter are you using for hlfg to xlm? Maybe that's my downfall...

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2012, 19:37
I just tested out a character using the new converter that should be in your FG 'utilities' folder in Application Data... It worked just fine.

Talen
August 9th, 2012, 19:59
I just tested out a character using the new converter that should be in your FG 'utilities' folder in Application Data... It worked just fine.

Right. And that's what the link references .... I think that's it....

EDIT: and it was, the attachment is updated and works now. Thanks for the help.

kozzom
August 11th, 2012, 01:25
Here is my character.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2012, 15:39
Hey folks - time to start thinking about what subtier we play. We currently have 3 x 3rd levels (perhaps one of those will be 4th by Monday) and 3 x 1st levels:

Players

Killian - Haematite - 3 -Half-Orc Monk #40412-2
Talen - Talwynor - 3 - Ranger PFS#37840-1
Macgreine - Lancieren - 1 - Rouge # 39019=1
avro5731 - 3 or 4 Inquisitor PFS# 41731-4
Mazz0382 - Mazz Erdan - 1 - Wizard PFS#58655-1
kozzom - Barin - 1 - Fighter PFS#55012-2

This works out as APL (average party level) of 3. Which means you are between the 2 subtiers (1-2 and 4-5) and so can choose to play up or down.

I would not recommend 1st level characters playing up!

So, there are a few options:

Play subtier 4-5 and 1st level characters play a PFS 4th level pregen.
Play subtier 1-2 and the 3rd levels own the game.
Play subtier 1-2 and most (if not all) of the 3rd levels play a backup 1st/2nd level PC.
Play subtier 4-5 as we are - there would be a good chance of the 1st levels not surviving.

I know we're at the point in PFS on Fantasy Grounds where there are people with 3rd level characters who want to play out of subtier 1-2. But, we still have a lot of players with only 1st level characters as their only option of playing their own character (instead of a pregen) and getting XP to get to those higher levels.

Anyway - let me know what you think regarding the above options - or another option I may not have thought of...

Thanks!

Killian
August 11th, 2012, 17:42
I personally vote for subtier 1-2 I am more than willing to bring a 1st level PC to the fight.

On a seperate note I'm working on making a few videos in the future for YouTube showing off FG and Pathfinder. I'm looking to do a couple, firstly running through registration, character creation and playing a scenario, then once I start running games recording running First Steps from a DM point of view. They will be quite long as I'm looking to record the whole session. If we do decide on tier 1-2 it will be a great chance for me to record character creation so my question is does anyone object to me recording the game?

Looking over the list and after last night I'll swap out Haematite and use Claudia, level 2 sorceress. I'll save the video thing for another time too makes more sense to do it using First Steps at a later date

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 02:07
I personally vote for subtier 1-2 I am more than willing to bring a 1st level PC to the fight.

Looking over the list and after last night I'll swap out Haematite and use Claudia, level 2 sorceress.
Thanks Killian.

OTHER PLAYERS!

Any feedback on the 4 options I listed 2 posts up in this thread? We have 2 x 3rd levels, 1 x 2nd and 3 x 1st.

Talen
August 13th, 2012, 02:12
I don't have a preference, but also can play a a new 1st level character if that would help.

avro5731
August 13th, 2012, 02:21
as my sat and sun games fell through I would like a lvl 3 game to get my inq to lvl 4 but won't cry if I get to play a lvl 1 toon (soob maybe but not cry):p

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 02:21
I'm needing your character exports so I can load them into Fantasy Grounds *TODAY*!

I have Talen's 3rd level, Macgreine's and kozzom's 1st level PCs.

See the above few posts regarding what subtier to play - this may change what PC you will bring to the game.

Please send me the FG XML export for the character you will play ASAP.

If I don't hear from you by first thing Monday morning I will start inviting the people from the waiting list and you could lose your place.

avro5731
August 13th, 2012, 02:23
Marfu attached lvl 3:cry:

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 02:26
I don't have a preference, but also can play a a new 1st level character if that would help.

as my sat and sun games fell through I would like a lvl 3 game to get my inq to lvl 4 but won't cry if I get to play a lvl 1 toon (soob maybe but not cry):p

Thanks guys - would you both mind not playing your level 3's and play a level 1, please?

Level 3's in subtier 1-2 are too powerful and the level 1's playing in the group don't get to do much - so it's easy for the 3's and frustrating for the 1's. This is especially so for the season 0 or 1 scenarios as these were made for 3.5E and so are easier for Pathfinder PCs (who are more powerful than their 3.5E counterparts).

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 05:01

Looking over the list and after last night I'll swap out Haematite and use Claudia, level 2 sorceress.
Great - that will help a lot. Please post the FG XML for your sorcerer as soon as you can. Thanks.

Killian
August 13th, 2012, 07:51
This is my most recent xml of Claudia. I'll be free a few hours before start time though if anything needs going over. See you tonight!

Mazz0382
August 13th, 2012, 08:06
Here is my xml...thanks for reminding me...been busy all day making a character for a campaign that I forgot to post it earlier....

Talen
August 13th, 2012, 17:25
I sent a lvl 1 half orc iinquisitor to replace the lvl 3 ranger. I had to email to you as work won't let me post to fg (using cell now). Let me know if there are any problems with the file.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 17:48
I sent a lvl 1 half orc iinquisitor to replace the lvl 3 ranger. I had to email to you as work won't let me post to fg (using cell now). Let me know if there are any problems with the file.
Looks good - I've imported it into FG. Thanks.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 18:16
I now have everyone's character except avro5731's 1st level - I need that ASAP!!!

Killian
August 13th, 2012, 18:31
Of all the days...

Currently wrestling with a connection problem (posting this from my phone). I'll be working on it long as I can but if I'm not there within 10 minutes of start time I havent fixed the problem and my space should go to an alternate.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 18:37
Currently wrestling with a connection problem (posting this from my phone). I'll be working on it long as I can but if I'm not there within 10 minutes of start time I havent fixed the problem and my space should go to an alternate.
Oh no! :( At least you've got 7 hours to try to get it fixed... ;)

avro5731
August 13th, 2012, 19:28
Marfa is now Kito lvl 1 witch

XML is a HL convert sorry

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 19:48
Cool - I now have everyone's PCs and they have imported into Fantasy Grounds OK.

See you all tonight - the server will be up from 30 minutes before the game.

Mazz0382
August 13th, 2012, 23:22
I plan on being there tonight. There is a storm in my area atm and news says storm is moving slowly. Hopefully it's gone by game time, but thought I'd at least give a heads up in case power goes out or something.

Trenloe
August 13th, 2012, 23:25
I plan on being there tonight. There is a storm in my area atm and news says storm is moving slowly. Hopefully it's gone by game time, but thought I'd at least give a heads up in case power goes out or something.
Thanks for letting us know.

Hope Killian has fixed his connection issues too.

avro5731
August 14th, 2012, 00:41
What is the server name?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2012, 00:46
What is the server name?
It's in the calendar entry.

avro5731
August 14th, 2012, 00:52
For crying out loud!! if it was a snake I would be dead.... Thanks

Mazz0382
August 14th, 2012, 00:57
I made it and no power loss :ninja:

avro5731
August 14th, 2012, 01:03
thanks - kito's familiar

avro5731
August 14th, 2012, 01:14
try this one plz

Trenloe
August 15th, 2012, 23:50
This is just a chronicle for Mazz - as I know he needs it ASAP for this game tonight. I will upload the others soon...

Mazz0382
August 16th, 2012, 00:00
Thanks! :D

Trenloe
August 16th, 2012, 00:04
And here's all of them - I'll post the PC XML later on.

Give me 10 minutes to put the session on Paizo.com.

Any issues with the chronicle sheets or the Paizo.com reporting please let me know.

Thanks for the game guys... Very diplomatic in a few situations. :)

avro5731
August 16th, 2012, 02:10
Thanks for the run

Talen
August 16th, 2012, 02:50
Great game Trenloe and thnak you for running!

Trenloe
August 16th, 2012, 03:39
Here is the FG PC XML exported at the end of the game.

Killian
August 16th, 2012, 08:00
Great game and many thanks for running.