PDA

View Full Version : Characters missing

amanwing
August 6th, 2012, 16:56
Hello,

I realy need help in this one. I used fg2 with BRP and BRPEldritchHorror.ext
After the session i started the server again but there was no character. Everything was gone.:confused:
Where are the character files saved and is itpossible to recover them?
I realy hope someone can help me with it!

Thanks in advance!

Trenloe
August 6th, 2012, 17:44
If the characters were used in the campaign, they will be in the db.xml file in the directory <FG app data?\campaigns\<name of your campaign>

<FG App data> is found from Windows Start -> All Programs -> Fantasy Grounds II -> Application Data Folder

In db.xml, look for a section called <charsheet>, within this there should be a few sections - <id-00001>, <id-00002>, etc. Each one will correspond to a character.

If they aren't there, look to see if there is a db.backup.xml file and see if the <charsheet> entries are in there. If they are in db.backup.xml and not db.xml, copy db.xml to db.nochar.xml (or something similar) and then copy db.backup.xml to db.xml and then load your campaign.

amanwing
August 6th, 2012, 18:15
I found them in an old version of the db.xml thanks a lot!

Mrschievous
April 5th, 2020, 22:46
I know this is an old thread but my question is what causes this to happen so I can prevent it in the future?

LordEntrails
April 6th, 2020, 03:04
I know this is an old thread but my question is what causes this to happen so I can prevent it in the future?
We don't know what caused this issue, there are not enough details from the OP to know. So could only speculate about what might have happened to have their campaign data corrupted/not saved. Could have been they were hosting their FG Data found on a cloud sync'd folder, could have been an o/s issue or a write permissions issue or possible a handful of other things.

If you are worried, backup your FG Data folder regularly (when FG is not in use).