PDA

View Full Version : BUG? Shared things and Client Crashes

gamemasterbob
August 6th, 2012, 06:01
Here is the problem.

When I Host a game and I share something - the client receives what I share just fine - but if the client closes this Shared thing - and I DON"T - and I try to share this SAME thing again - with the SAME client - the client crashes. When the client closes a shared thing it should turn off the SHARED flag on the HOST side but it doesn't. Turning of (clicking) the Shared symbol next to the thing on my side will prevent this - HOWEVER Not turning off the shared flag shouldn't cause a crash if I "Update Shared item" and the client closed the thing already. I know you agree. Might need a fix here.

FYI.

I am really enjoying FGII! Thanks!

Bob

This may NOT be the right board. I own a released version of FGII.

Griogre
August 6th, 2012, 07:30
The House of Healing is a better forum for release version bugs, and the Laboratory is better for bugs in alpha, beta, or a dev release. Are you using the release version of FG?

What ruleset does this happen in? If you start a brand new campaign and share something and the client closes it, when you reshare it does the client still crash?

Trenloe
August 6th, 2012, 08:11
When the client closes a shared thing it should turn off the SHARED flag on the HOST side but it doesn't.
FYI - the "shared" flag is to allow players to re-open story, images, etc. from their lists (accessible on the right side of the FG desktop). So, it should NOT turn off the flag when the client closes a shared object. The flag is there for the GM to remove access at some point in the future. This is a very handy piece of functionality in allowing players to control what is open on their desktop - and very useful in an ongoing campaign where players can look at shared items from a few sessions ago (maps, story entries, etc.).

However, you do have a problem - check the things Griogre mentions... :)

Moon Wizard
August 7th, 2012, 08:02
gamemasterbob,

A few questions to help me narrow the field.

* Which version of FG are you running? (shown in upper right of launcher)
* Which ruleset are you using? If not 3.5E/4E, which version of ruleset or where can I get?
* Which record are you sharing with your users when the issue occurs? (Image, Item, Note, ... and which one too)
* Can you send me a copy of your db.xml file from your campaign folder? ([email protected])

Thanks,
JPG

gamemasterbob
August 10th, 2012, 02:07
Hi
= There is more to this story:

I use FGII at the game table with my group. The group and I are together at the table. I have a FULL license FGII. I run a host AND a client on ONE PC. I see HOST and I put the CLIENT up on a video projector screen and we use it as our battle map and for presenting other info. This configuration may be part of the problem. I will use FGII over the net for some players who can't be in house. That's really the idea. Sorry I didn't post this at first.

*v2.9.1
*D&D 4th
*ANY sharable thing

Thanks for your time.
Bob

gamemasterbob
August 10th, 2012, 02:09
I see. Thanks for clarifying.

Moon Wizard
August 11th, 2012, 22:52
gamemasterbob,

I have not seen that before, and I share records all the time with my players without any issue. Mainly images, but occasionally story records or note records.

If you can recreate it fairly consistently, there are a couple things I would like to try:
* Send zipped campaign folder to me at [email protected]
* Delete cache subfolder, and try again.

Regards,
JPG