PDA

View Full Version : The combat thing

Willot
August 5th, 2012, 23:38
Been to to get to grips with the FG interface. SOrted worked out melee and Ranged combat. On the attack resolver, but how do spells like firebolt work? There doesnt seem to be a place to activate them on the combat tracker?

bennis1980
August 5th, 2012, 23:51
You just need to create an attack on the character sheet / personality and rename it "firebolt" or whatever. Open your newly created attack up and drag the appropriate table from the Tables Menu (top right) to the table section - in this case, Spell Law Attacks -> Fire bolt. I made a "Broken bottle" attack which uses the dagger attack table (with a minus of course).

I do recommend you set up your attacks on the personality or char sheet (as opposed to in the combat tracker). Think of the combat tracker as a temporary arena for combatants. Then you drag your combatants in and "let em at it!!!"

Dakadin
August 6th, 2012, 00:17
A quicker way to make the spell attacks is to use the ones in Spell Law. The second to the last link from the main index of Spell Law is Spell Attacks. It will open a small window where you can drag base spell attack and elemental attacks like Firebolt to the Combat tab of the character sheet or attacks section of the . The attached is a screenshot of it.

Ardem
August 6th, 2012, 02:28
I ran into some interesting issues around this.

When I added the shock bolt attack and dragged and dropped from Spell Table into the char sheet. The roll in the combat window was not right it just displayed the electricity critical.

However when I dragged it into the combat window under the character it was correct. I then dragged it from the combat window into the Char Sheet and it was correct.

So just be aware of some strange things.

Willot
August 6th, 2012, 10:47
ah yes yes I see thanks :) Now I just need to get into a game
(in my timezone)