PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Action Deck

heyhogan
August 5th, 2012, 17:49
I am planning to buy the Savage Worlds ruleset. Was wondering if the action deck (used for initiative) was included or how folks handle this Ie. does GM deal all cards.:)

Blahness98
August 5th, 2012, 21:58
You may want to post this over in the savage worlds forum, as you will get a faster and better answer. I believe the GM is able to deal the cards out, shuffle and do everything card related. It has been a long time since I have touched the savage rule set.

Griogre
August 5th, 2012, 22:54
In the default SW ruleset there is a card deck for initiative which will deal automatically to each person on the combat tracker. The GM can put people on hold, ect. Basically its the normal SWEX rules.

There is a separate action deck extension for SW that you can buy that has the action cards and some functionality to use them. That was just released a few weeks to a month ago. I don't have it so you should check the store description for more details or hit up the SW board.

phantomwhale
August 5th, 2012, 23:36
To be clear, the extension released was for the ADVENTURE DECK (e.g. the 60 odd cards that let the players influence the plot / game slightly each session).

The "Action Deck" (e.g. a set of 54 playing cards) is in the default ruleset, but without any the pretty Action Deck graphics - they wouldn't convert well down to 40*60 pixels ! Instead it uses a custom set of card graphics to render cards clearly at small sizes.