PDA

View Full Version : Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kits

Pages : [1] 2 3

Shockbolt
August 5th, 2012, 12:31
Game Master's Campaign - Fantasy art kits are a series of art kits intended for use with roleplaying games, for Game Masters and players looking to create maps for their campaigns, for private/non-commercial use.

Developers/Creators of commercial projects may make use the art found within the art kits, when acquiring a non-exclusive license to use the art kits for their projects.

The GMC Fantasy art kits contain nothing but artwork, no software to use the art kits and images come with a purchase of any or all of them. Suggested softwares are Photoshop, Gimp, Tiled or any other software that handles images with transparency(PNG) and working with several layers.

The images found in the art kits can also be imported into for example Fantasy grounds, for use with your campaigns there.

Visit www.rpgartkits.com (https://www.rpgartkits.com) for more info about the art kits, planned art kits and the art kit contents.

Original 1st post:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I won't try and hide either my love for fantasy/rpg games, or the fact that I was inspired to do a similar token/tileset project as one or more other people in this forum are doing.

Last night, the RM UI graphics that I started painting last week, was finished. Finished, with the need to tweak some parts here and there. So as I sat there twindling my thumbs, avoiding my other paid projects, I started painting some bricks. Bricks turned into tileable floor, and a wall and so on. So I guess I've already started.

This project will prob be more time consuming than the RM UI project was, and I won't try and cover up my intention to maybe earn some money from these tiles in the end. But don't worry, they won't cost you an arm and a leg...I hope..

Being a digital artist / game designer & developer, fundraisers are not something that's unknown to me. If possible, I will try to at least cover my time spent doing the tileset via fundraisers, and then sell the tileset cheaply for personal or project use when it's finished. At least that is the initial plan..

Planned tiles:
-terrain
-vegetation
-bodyparts, ruined items, bones, skulls etc
-objects such as barrels, chairs, banners, debris etc
-items such as weaponry, armor, shields etc
-chests, bags and whatnot
-player tiles: elves, humans, dwarves, halflings etc (and they would also be used for enemies/npcs)
-creatures & monsters tiles ranging from the oh so popular rat to dragons or larger beasts (yikes)
-walls, doors, gateways, stairs, trapdoors, traps, runes etc
- bloodstains, waterpuddles, dust, cobwebs etc
- possibly custom ordered tiles, we'll have to see how it goes.

I'll post a few previews under here, from the very basic (and I mean basic) tiles that I started painting last night. These have little details added to them yet and are seen here in under less than half the size they were originally painted in.

Example of items that can be pasted into the tileset:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_002.jpg

Rapidly put together dungeon portion example, dust, sand and moss were sprayed over in the end as a means to avoid the repetetive feel of the undetailed basic floor tile:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_001.jpg

craggles
August 5th, 2012, 12:51
Looking good Raymond! :)

An ideal product for all GMs out there! (and for people who appreciate great art) :D

Shockbolt
August 5th, 2012, 13:12
Looking good Raymond! :)

An ideal product for all GMs out there! (and for people who appreciate great art) :D

Thanks craggles! I guess the next preview post will contain a few monster/creature tiles, maybe today, at least sometime this week.

bennis1980
August 5th, 2012, 13:21
I love your tiles (especially the samples you had displayed in the UIskin you are developing). I will support you what ever way I can.

If you are a fan of rolemaster, it would be nice if you came up with tile/tokens specific to the common monsters listed in C&T. That would go down a treat!

Shockbolt
August 5th, 2012, 13:24
I love your tiles (especially the samples you had displayed in the UIskin you are developing). I will support you what ever way I can.

If you are a fan of rolemaster, it would be nice if you came up with tile/tokens specific to the common monsters listed in C&T. That would go down a treat!

Rolemaster/MERP fan since the 80s, both as a player and GM :)

lachancery
August 5th, 2012, 13:35
Rolemaster/MERP fan since the 80s, both as a player and GM :)
Ditto! I still mourn the day ICE lost the license to Middle-Earth... :cry:

Shockbolt
August 5th, 2012, 14:15
Ditto! I still mourn the day ICE lost the license to Middle-Earth... :cry:

Yes...MERP was never the same after that..

lachancery
August 5th, 2012, 14:37
Yes...MERP was never the same after that..
Looking back at the Middle-Earth modules they published then, I could just imagine quality they would be publishing today with all the improvements in graphics and layout tools...

Shockbolt
August 5th, 2012, 15:17
Looking back at the Middle-Earth modules they published then, I could just imagine quality they would be publishing today with all the improvements in graphics and layout tools...

Still wouldn't be the same without the art of Angus McBride...may he rest in peace.

Shockbolt
August 5th, 2012, 17:09
@ bennis1980: These are a few other samples out of the same tileset as the ones seen in the UI previews, originally they were painted for use with Angband:

https://www.ironthrone.no/DA/tiles003a.jpg

wbcreighton
August 5th, 2012, 17:44
very nice :)

Shockbolt
August 5th, 2012, 18:27
very nice :)

Thanks wbcreighton!

bennis1980
August 6th, 2012, 00:02
@ bennis1980: These are a few other samples out of the same tileset as the ones seen in the UI previews, originally they were painted for use with Angband:

https://www.ironthrone.no/DA/tiles003a.jpg

That picture of the eyeball is also what I'm looking at on my keyboard in front of me - because my eyes just popped out of my head. AMAZING! :eek:

Ardem
August 6th, 2012, 02:18
I prefer the top down tokens myself, I have gathered as much free tokens as I have found on the net, but there is a large number of gaps missing.

I have no issue supporting via payment of good token sets but make sure you give good examples. I find a lot of the token set that are sold, don't show much for fear of people copying, but one or two examples of the quality always helps in sales.

My advice is though work on a particular area, whether is it s the tavern set, or the dwarf underground set. Too many people give you a set that you need to combine with others works and graphicswise they never match up.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2012, 04:09
I prefer the top down tokens myself, I have gathered as much free tokens as I have found on the net, but there is a large number of gaps missing.
If you like top down tokens, check this out: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16993

If you hadn't already.

Sorry to hijack your thread Shockbolt...

Ardem
August 6th, 2012, 04:45
Yes I do have his current free sets, quality is about a 7 out of 10. Yet to see any of the kick starter set out there yet. From what i seen of shockbolt quality I am looking forward to seeing what you make.

Shockbolt
August 6th, 2012, 08:56
This new tileset with creatures, npcs, objects, players etc will be top-down, as the battlemap terrain tiles are also painted top down.

The tiles seen against the blue background are tiles that were made for Angband the roguelike pc/mac game that mimics 3D using all 2D graphics, 2.5D if you like. I did count them once but I can't remember now how many they are, perhaps 2-3000 of them all in all. I'll pull out a bunch of them, similar to the ones seen in the preview against the blue background, and create a free tokenset, for those who'd like to use them with FG2 in any setting.

As for quality, I don't want to sell something I'm not happy with myself, so keep an eye out for the previews coming this week :)

Shockbolt
August 6th, 2012, 09:08
Found one of the concept images for Angband, where you see the 2.5D tiles. However, the current Angband version has not implemented the 2.5D walls yet, but use all of the objects and npcs in my tileset.

https://www.ironthrone.no/angband/test_2_5D_dungeon_01.jpg

craggles
August 6th, 2012, 09:11
As for quality, I don't want to sell something I'm not happy with myself, so keep an eye out for the previews coming this week

Oh, I have no doubts on the quality!!! :D

For FG, I too would prefer top down PC/NPC tokens - but only if you were able to rotate them within FG to show which way they're supposed to be facing. Is that possible in FG at the moment?

Otherwise, a front on representation would be preference as you'll not get confused on the map which way people are facing. Having your back towards a creature can be quite unsettling. :P

Trenloe
August 6th, 2012, 09:20
For FG, I too would prefer top down PC/NPC tokens - but only if you were able to rotate them within FG to show which way they're supposed to be facing. Is that possible in FG at the moment?
Yes it is - hover your mouse over the token and use the scroll-wheel to rotate.

craggles
August 6th, 2012, 09:29
Yes it is - hover your mouse over the token and use the scroll-wheel to rotate.

Excellent!!! Thanks for that. :)

Shockbolt
August 6th, 2012, 09:59

I have no issue supporting via payment of good token sets but make sure you give good examples. I find a lot of the token set that are sold, don't show much for fear of people copying, but one or two examples of the quality always helps in sales.

My advice is though work on a particular area, whether is it s the tavern set, or the dwarf underground set. Too many people give you a set that you need to combine with others works and graphicswise they never match up.

Be sure that there will be enough tile previews available to make up ones mind about backing/purchasing them or not.

Good idea to have complete "theme" sets available! Tavern set would include everything from drunken bards, to pieces of broken chairs...oh and wenches, nude and dressed :D

Shockbolt
August 6th, 2012, 15:13
Is there anything in particular you'd like to see a preview of, any type of creature or monster that is Rolemaster related? I'll put together a few of my own choice and maybe a few others from suggestions posted here.

DHKnecht
August 6th, 2012, 15:56
Looks great and can't wait until the sets are up and ready for purchase. What I'd like to see are the common things I'd use most of the time, things like orcs, trolls, goblins and bandits, with a little undead thrown in for good measure. Add a watermark or something similar so people won't just copy them and not buy your sets.

The biggest thing I'm looking for is consistency. It would be great to have all the tilesets and tokens match. A patchwork game looks poor.

In any event, again, looks great and can't wait till they are all ready!

Shockbolt
August 6th, 2012, 17:27
Looks great and can't wait until the sets are up and ready for purchase. What I'd like to see are the common things I'd use most of the time, things like orcs, trolls, goblins and bandits, with a little undead thrown in for good measure. Add a watermark or something similar so people won't just copy them and not buy your sets.

The biggest thing I'm looking for is consistency. It would be great to have all the tilesets and tokens match. A patchwork game looks poor.

In any event, again, looks great and can't wait till they are all ready!

Yeah, I'm no pro when it comes to securing these kind of things, so I'd have to get some advice as to how to do it and also if and when it comes to the other bit, how to properly make them available and sell them.

bennis1980
August 6th, 2012, 18:29
Is there anything in particular you'd like to see a preview of, any type of creature or monster that is Rolemaster related? I'll put together a few of my own choice and maybe a few others from suggestions posted here.

Oops, wrong question. I had to be picky and narrow it down. So here goes (without taking a breath)z

Wolf (you have to)
Bear
Hydra
Cave Worm (even it's head and sections of it's body)
Zyphyr Hounds
Gargoyles
Great Spiders
Harpies
Constructs (of various invention)
Black Reaver
Black Stalker
Bloodbeast (oh the memories)
Bone Golem
Ghouls
Various Giants and Trolls
Gnolls (definitely not the D&D variety :D )
Troglodytes
Gratar of various colours (a must IMO)
Nycamerith
Avinarc
Sibbicai
Scrav
Idiyva
Urloc
Quishadi

(and that's being conservative)

Shockbolt
August 6th, 2012, 20:14
Fresh out of the oven, a basic goblin with just enough to arm himself. Crude sword, rusty shield and a piece of leather to protect the jewels:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_003.jpg

Paintsize is maybe 30% larger than seen here:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/MonsterTileGoblinA013.jpg

JohnD
August 6th, 2012, 22:11
Pretty damn nice dude.

Shockbolt
August 6th, 2012, 22:36
Pretty damn nice dude.

Thanks JohnD! I might paint a naga next, not quite made up my mind yet.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2012, 23:49
Yeah, I'm no pro when it comes to securing these kind of things, so I'd have to get some advice as to how to do it and also if and when it comes to the other bit, how to properly make them available and sell them.
There are a few places you can sell them - here, in the Fantasy Grounds store. But that is a limited market.

I've seen plenty of tokens for sale on RPGNow.com - just do a search for "tokens" and see what pops up.

Ardem
August 6th, 2012, 23:51
Wow that is so good.

Great Quality.

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 09:18
Oops, wrong question. I had to be picky and narrow it down. So here goes (without taking a breath)z

Wolf (you have to)
Bear
Hydra
Cave Worm (even it's head and sections of it's body)
Zyphyr Hounds
Gargoyles
Great Spiders
Harpies
Constructs (of various invention)
Black Reaver
Black Stalker
Bloodbeast (oh the memories)
Bone Golem
Ghouls
Various Giants and Trolls
Gnolls (definitely not the D&D variety :D )
Troglodytes
Gratar of various colours (a must IMO)
Nycamerith
Avinarc
Sibbicai
Scrav
Idiyva
Urloc
Quishadi

(and that's being conservative)

Since you're the first and so far the only one, I'll pick one or more from that "tiny" list :D

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 09:22
Wow that is so good.

Great Quality.

Thanks Ardem!

bennis1980
August 7th, 2012, 09:39
Since you're the first and so far the only one, I'll pick one or more from that "tiny" list :D

I'd also love to see equipment, weapons and general trinkets one might find lying around.

Cheers

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 10:35
Second monster tile out of photoshop, the Naga:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_004.jpg

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 10:37
I'd also love to see equipment, weapons and general trinkets one might find lying around.

Cheers

Sure thing, just name a few :)

bennis1980
August 7th, 2012, 10:41
Sure thing, just name a few :)

Oh any, with your artwork :)

Love the Naga BTW

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 11:20
General axe tile:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/object_axeA_002.jpg

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 12:26
Misc items: silver cup with jewels, elvish messenger pouch and a golden ornamental dagger:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/object_miscA_002.jpg

JohnD
August 7th, 2012, 15:24
There's an undead (forget the name) which is essentially just a head that detaches from the rest of the body after death and flies around. In D&D its called a Vargouille I think.

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 15:31
There's an undead (forget the name) which is essentially just a head that detaches from the rest of the body after death and flies around. In D&D its called a Vargouille I think.

Closest thing I found in Creatures & Monsters is Disembodied head (undead type III)

JohnD
August 7th, 2012, 16:17
Hmmm... maybe it's only in the RMSS book.

One of these;

https://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/lquark/vargouille.jpg

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 20:54
battering rams, ballistae, siege towers, torture devices, portals, castle gates, castle tiles....*sighs* there so many possible things to paint

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 20:55
Hmmm... maybe it's only in the RMSS book.

One of these;

https://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s178/lquark/vargouille.jpg

That thing looks nasty...and dangerous!

bennis1980
August 7th, 2012, 20:58
battering rams, ballistae, siege towers, torture devices, portals, castle gates, castle tiles....*sighs* there so many possible things to paint

You have set yourself a mammoth task my friend, for that I applaud you.

I think you should paint... EVERYTHING!!!

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 21:27
You have set yourself a mammoth task my friend, for that I applaud you.

I think you should paint... EVERYTHING!!!

Haha..I'll paint a large statue token of myself when I'm at the end of this tile project :D

I painted many thousand tiles for Angband last year, and maybe 5-6000 tiles for a roguelike named Tales of Maj'Eyal, so I should have enough practice at least :)

bennis1980
August 7th, 2012, 21:44
I love the Angband stuff.

I will erect a statue in every village, town and city. And guard them with your soldier tokens

Shockbolt
August 7th, 2012, 21:47
I love the Angband stuff.

I will erect a statue in every village, town and city. And guard them with your soldier tokens

Most excellent, I'll e-mail you some gold coin tokens every now and then when you do so, in appreciation :)

bennis1980
August 7th, 2012, 21:50
Most excellent, I'll e-mail you some gold coin tokens every now and then when you do so, in appreciation :)

Only if I can pay for the tokens with fantasy taxes I collect from my peons.

Ardem
August 8th, 2012, 08:24
Can you two get a room already. <evil grin>

bennis1980
August 8th, 2012, 08:37
Can you also make a token of Ardem in the stocks, so my players and NPCs can throw things at him :D

Willot
August 8th, 2012, 13:29
Any progress on the desktop skin?

Dakadin
August 8th, 2012, 16:58
Any progress on the desktop skin?

I've been working with Shockbolt to resolve a few issues with completing the skin since a few of the graphics require updates to certain parts of the ruleset. We've already fixed a few of the issues and I've had to enlist JPG's help on a couple of the other ones. I still have a few more things to fix then I will be able to provide Shockbolt with a new list of icons that need can be used so he is actually waiting on me.

I've attached a screenshot of it so far. It looks amazing! :D

Willot
August 8th, 2012, 23:37
I've been working with Shockbolt to resolve a few issues with completing the skin since a few of the graphics require updates to certain parts of the ruleset. We've already fixed a few of the issues and I've had to enlist JPG's help on a couple of the other ones. I still have a few more things to fix then I will be able to provide Shockbolt with a new list of icons that need can be used so he is actually waiting on me.

I've attached a screenshot of it so far. It looks amazing! :D

Really does look fantastic. The other ruleset guys are going to go green!

JohnD
August 9th, 2012, 14:24
Closest thing I found in Creatures & Monsters is Disembodied head (undead type III)
Actually, I've taken a look, and I guess the RM equivalent is the Disembodied Head after all.

Shockbolt
August 9th, 2012, 22:20
Planned to paint a few more of these tiles tonight, but work related art "came in the way" ....
Then again, there's always tomorrow!

Shockbolt
August 11th, 2012, 09:17
From bennis1980's list of suggested monsters, we have the Cave drake tile:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_005b.jpg

Shockbolt
August 11th, 2012, 10:17
As JohnD suggested, a Disembodied head. I guess I'll end up making another alternative to this one as well, showing a gruesome undead head without wings, flying through the air:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_006.jpg

craggles
August 11th, 2012, 12:18
Well, as there's a wish-list going on here, I'd love to see anything Shadow World related! :)

The bad guys:
Garks
Lugroki
Murlogi

Good guys can be any race in the Rolemaster books but halflings and any profession. The Elves are somewhat different than your woodland variety (although they exist as well). :D

Shockbolt
August 11th, 2012, 12:25
A very basic Ballistae:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_007.jpg

lachancery
August 11th, 2012, 13:09
These are all fantastic tokens! Looking forward to buying your packs when you release them! :cool:

Shockbolt
August 11th, 2012, 15:26
These are all fantastic tokens! Looking forward to buying your packs when you release them! :cool:

Sounds great :)

Shockbolt
August 11th, 2012, 16:32
Well, as there's a wish-list going on here, I'd love to see anything Shadow World related! :)

The bad guys:
Garks
Lugroki
Murlogi

Good guys can be any race in the Rolemaster books but halflings and any profession. The Elves are somewhat different than your woodland variety (although they exist as well). :D

I gotta read up on those, Garks are in the Rolemaster books but the two others I'm not familiar with. I have to admit, I haven't seen the insides of that many Shadow World books yet..

craggles
August 12th, 2012, 13:26
I gotta read up on those, Garks are in the Rolemaster books but the two others I'm not familiar with. I have to admit, I haven't seen the insides of that many Shadow World books yet..

You are definitely missing out in that case. :)

Shockbolt
August 12th, 2012, 19:51
You are definitely missing out in that case. :)

I blame too much artwork and too little time to play games :D

Shockbolt
August 15th, 2012, 21:34
Messing around with floor "decals" and premade 64x64 grid over basic stone floor.

Finished "decals" will be made with transparent backgrounds, enabling GMs to add these ontop of the various grounds. Walls and everything that goes with those, such as stairs up/down will be made with transparent backgrounds, seriously reducing the number of tiles to build the map with.

Hasty & unfinished/low detail decals seen in this preview:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Floor_decals002.jpg

DHKnecht
August 15th, 2012, 21:53
Okay - enough with the previews already - when can I place an order????? :) Assuming everything is under $1000 US, I'm in for the whole shebang.

Shockbolt
August 16th, 2012, 20:36
Okay - enough with the previews already - when can I place an order????? :) Assuming everything is under $1000 US, I'm in for the whole shebang.

Oh they'll be available for well under $1000 , only catch is that I gotta complete the basic set of tiles/tokens first :)

Planning to paint/post another preview maybe tonight or tomorrow, something nautical.

Shockbolt
August 17th, 2012, 16:59
Started working on this one last night, this preview shows two boats. The largest of them is painted in away that allows for size decrease/increase in lenght. I figure I'll make a few terrain previews next, maybe a hut and a ruined tower perhaps:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/NauticalSmallBoat017.jpg

Shockbolt
August 17th, 2012, 19:48
Alrighty, guess it's time to start planning on what will be in the first main tileset. Should I post the list here or keep it a tiny secret until later on?

lachancery
August 17th, 2012, 19:58
Alrighty, guess it's time to start planning on what will be in the first main tileset. Should I post the list here or keep it a tiny secret until later on?
Just tell us where to put in our credit card numbers, and you'll make our day! ;)

DHKnecht
August 17th, 2012, 20:02
Post the list here, or even a full list of what you have planned per set. We can then make suggestions as to what else to include, how to divide, what we'd like to see in sets, etc. Do you have an estimated cost yet?

Shockbolt
August 17th, 2012, 20:14
Just tell us where to put in our credit card numbers, and you'll make our day! ;)

Looks like I'm getting to put this first token/tileset on kickstarter in the near future, I'll then post the link to it here and you may donate just as much as You'd feel comfortable.

General note on the project once launched on kickstarter:

Rewards are a major factor when it comes to kickstarter projects, so I gotta device some goodies for the possible backers. Randomly pulled out of my head is getting one or more of these, based on the amount donated/backed:
1. getting the tileset for free
2. Getting this and future tilesets for free.
3. getting to choose x amount of tiles for me to paint, to be included in the tileset and have your name added to the credits
4. A cool T-shirt, limited edition based on the tileset (gotta find a cool and fitting name for them)
5. Exclusive character portrait of your choice, for your rpg character..

Generally, the higher the amount donated, the more goodies in the goodie bag.

Those were just examples that may or may not be included...but you get a feel of what will be there..

I need to plan this carefully, as I don't want to come across as just someone looking to make easy money, I want this to be professionally done :)

Shockbolt
August 17th, 2012, 20:38
Post the list here, or even a full list of what you have planned per set. We can then make suggestions as to what else to include, how to divide, what we'd like to see in sets, etc. Do you have an estimated cost yet?

Ok, here are my rough ideas for the tileset(s)

Basic tiles/tokens (the first huge bag of digital stuff to fill the battlemaps with, containing a mix of tiles/tokens that would make you more than able to put together most fantasy maps/campaigns)

-The most known/the usual lineup of monsters & creatures in a fantasy universe, some of them with variations (such as fighter/rogue/assassin/spellcaster goblins):
-Humanoids such as elves, dwarves, humans, halflings etc, including male/female versions and a variety of professions.
-Terrain: various tiles for setting up a dungeon, various tiles for setting up a cave, various tiles for setting up a scene above ground(grass, rocks, sand, dirt, water bodies etc) Terrains will most likely be made as backdrops in various sizes, for example 1024x1024 pixels, 1024x2048 pixels, 4096x4096 pixels etc, and then you'd be able to place the rest of the stuff ontop of that.
-Building tiles: walls, windows, doors, gates, stairs, inventory tiles such as chairs, chests, beds and whatnot
-Objects & items: most armors, most weaponry, magic items and much more
-Decals: overlay tiles that shows various effects such as lava, running streams, cracks, moss, scattered rocks, puddles, blood stains, spell runes etc
-Vehicles: horse carts, small boats, mine carts etc

The basic tiles/token set will contain enough tiles to keep you running for a long while, I don't plan to be a sneaky bastard and shave it down to a minimum of tiles/tokens. Not saying that is what other tilepainters do though..

In addition to the first basic tile/token set, there might or will be smaller sets later on, examples given below, complementing the basic set but are not really required I guess:

-A tavern/inn themed tile/token set, as suggested to me earlier on this forum
-A nautical themed tile/token set, containing many ships from small to huge, additional sea monster/sea creatures, sea themed humanoid enemies, sea themed objects/items etc
- Castle/tower themed tile/token set
- Burial/holy places/temple tile/token set
-Artifact tile/token set, high quality items that look better than the other tiles.
-Riding animals, running, swimming, walking, flying(some of these are likely to be included in the first basic tile/token set)

Time is really what will limit the amount of tiles included into the first basic tile/token set, in the end some of the suggested in the list above might also be included into the first basic tile/token set..

*edit*

I have not made any calculations as to what I will be aiming for as a minimum limit for the kickstarter project, I see Devin set his limit to $6000 for the 150 tokens in his project. My project will probably contain a lot more tiles than 150, but I need to complete the list of what to paint before I can make up an estimate of what I'll set as a project start limit. Even if the limit is not reached, the tiles will be painted at a later time, I'd have to do it after my daytime job hours. That option would take me much longer to finish them, as otherwise I would be able to take days and weeks off from my daytime job living off of the income of the kickstarter funding instead as I paint the tile/token set.

Trenloe
August 17th, 2012, 22:47
I've been a heavy contributor to roleplaying and mapping kickstarters over the last few months, and know some of the kickstarters personally. Usually there are 2 types of kickstarters:

People that can't do what they want to do without a cash injection.
People who want to gauge the demand for their product.

I'm guessing you're the latter - as you don't specifically need a cash injection to create your amazing tokens and tiles. You don't know how many people would be interested in your artwork (and how much they'd pay for it) so you're thinking of the kickstarter to gauge that interest and if it goes well use the proceeds (through stretch goals) to create more. You don't want to spend all your time making an amazing set of tokens and tiles if only a few people buy them - right?

So, basically, start low in your initial target - but don't offer the world initially - otherwise you may end up with a barely funded project but one or two higher level pledges you need to deliver too much to. Then, once you make your target you can add stretch goals that you're happy with and bring in more supporters or add these to existing or new pledge levels.

Here is an example of a recent kickstarter that started too high and wasn't funded: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/encountermaps/rpg-and-miniature-gaming-battle-maps?ref=users

They'll be back I'm sure, but they've wasted time - and money? I don't know if posting an unsuccessful kickstarter costs anything. Speaking of costs - remember that Kickstarter and Amazon will take their cut off the pledge money so remember to factor that in.

Here's an example of a map kickstarter that had multiple pledge levels covering one to all of the available maps: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mapmaker/poster-maps-of-mystery?ref=users and they added more "stuff" as stretch goals once the initial target was met.

There are 2 main ways of adding on "stuff" to the initial kickstarter - stretch goals and add-ons.

Stretch goals are additions that are included in certain pledge levels as part of the original cost once a certain total pledge or backer target is reached. These are good to try to get more people interested in an already funded project or perhaps get people to increase their current pledge level. They are also good to make sure you don't commit too much initial work to a barely funded kickstarter. Once you get funded, expand your wares with stretch goals - to bring in more people and offer more functionality to the loyal initial pledgers once you know you have covered your costs.
Add ons - these are additions that people have to purchase on top of their pledge. They usually come in when the kickstarter wants to add cool stuff but they can't include it for free in any current pledge level. Examples of these are products supplied by external companies not part of the kickstarter - t-shirts, dice, dice bags, etc.

I like your basic tiles/tokens idea below. Perhaps this could be the main bulk of your kickstarter? Just go with this for the average pledge and add higher pledge levels with custom artwork backers can request from you? Then, add the stretch goals of the additional examples you mention below.

Then, what is good about Kickstarter is that you can adjust the delivery date based on the pledge level and any stretch goals/add-ons. You mention in your post below that time is the limit. It doesn't have to be a limiting factor - for your first, main set give a realistic delivery date. Then, as you add stretch goals you can set a delivery date after the first for the new items. I've backed a few kickstarters that have delivery dates 9 months or more into the future.

Anyway - hope the above helps you in your thought process. PM me if you'd like to discuss further offline.

Shockbolt
August 18th, 2012, 00:40
@ Trenloe : I'll be in touch with you tomorrow, too tired to think now, almost 1:30am here :)

bennis1980
August 18th, 2012, 01:56
That's some great advice from Trenloe.

When you're ready, we are. But don't feel rushed just because we are all impatient :D

lachancery
August 18th, 2012, 02:36
Agreed, with Bennis, that was great advice Trenloe!

PS: Please PM if you see more VTT maps kickstarters - I'd join in the funding!

Shockbolt
August 18th, 2012, 11:18
*18.August.2012: updated undead beings*
*20.August.2012: updated Monsters list,this now shows what will be found in the base tiles/tokens kit, reaching stretch limits within the kickstarter project will result in additional tiles going into the base kit, those tiles/options will be listed in the near future*
*20.August.2012: updated humanoid races section to show what types of outfits these will have, reaching stretch limits will add more tokens with other outfits into the base kit*
*20.August.2012: updated items/objects section to show what will be found in the base kit, reaching stretch limits will add more tokens and variations into the base kit*

Initial list of tiles/tokens, the list will be expanded, and I'll also add that I'm open to suggestions:

Approx 130-140 monsters & creatures

"Monsters":
-Great spiders
-Unicorn
-Pegasus
-Hounds
-Warcat
-Chimera
-Gorgon
-Ice spider
-Manticore
-Minotaur
-Will of the wisp
-Great eagle
-Spiderbat
-Dracasus
-Gargoyle
-Gorcrow
-Griffon
-Harphy
-Homonoculous
-Hippogriff
-Horribar
-Phoenix
-Roc
-Siren
-Winged wolf
-Beholders
-Magic eyes
-Slimes

Dragons:

-Drake
-Wyvern
-Faery dragon

Base kit will contain 3 variations of each of the dragon creatures below:

-Winged dragon
-Land dragon
-Young dragon
-Ancient dragon

Demons
-Various demon beings - base kit will have 5 demons

Magical/elemental/artificial beings:
-Constructs - base kit will have 3 types of constructs
-Golems - base kit will have 3 types of golems
-Elementals - base kit will have 4 types of elementals
-Guardians - base kit will have 4 types of guardians

Undead beings:
-skeletons - base kit will have 3 variations
-zombies - base kit will have 3 variations
-disembodied parts: hands, heads etc - base kit will have 3 variations
-vampire
-black reaver
-bloodbeast
-corpse light
-ghost
-ghoul
-lich
-mummy
-wight
-wraith
-gloombird
-ghost wolf

Supernaturals
-Various were-creatures (werewolf, wererat, werebear) - base kit will have 3 types
-Naga - base kit will have 3 types

Humanoids:
-Goblin - base kit will have 5 types
-Orc - base kit will have 5 types
-Troll - base kit will have 3 types
-Gnolls
-Faerie
-Dyad
-Wild men
-Various types of centaurs - base kit will have 3 types
-Kobolds
-Giants
-Cyclop
-Ogre
-Titan
-Leprechaun
-Sylph
-Nixie
-Nymph
-Satyr
-Gremlin
-Ents/tree people

Natural beings:
-Mouse
-Rat
-Cat
-Dog
-Wolf
-Deer
-Moose
-Bear
-Wolverine
-Lynx
-Badger
-Hawk
-Eagle
-Owl
-Goose
-Duck
-Swan
-Raven
-Spiders
-Snakes
-Horse
-Donkey
-Goat
-Sheep
-Cow
-Ox

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50 humanoid races/varieties
Each of these will be painted showing 6 "outfits" in the base kit: adventurers/fighters, spellcasters, clerics/priests, rogue/thief, noble/merchants and beggars/poor.

-Elf male
-Elf female

-Human male
-Human female

-Dwarf male
-Dwarf female

-Halfling male
-Halfling female

-Half-orc male
-Half-orc female

-Gnome male
-Gnome female

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100 objects/items:

Base kit will contain tiles/tokens of these objects, showing them in a normal/new condition. Reaching a given stretch limit in the kickstarter project will add broken/rusty/damaged looks as additional tokens to these. Also, additional items/objects/weaponry/misc will be added when given stretch limits are reached, as parts of themed kits that will go into the base kit such as nautical, tavern, holy places etc.

Weaponry
-Dagger
-Shuriken
-Main gauche
-Mace
-Shortsword
-Broadsword
-Longsword
-2-H-Sword
-Scimitar
-Falchion
-Warhammer
-War mattock
-Flail
-Morningstar
-Blowgun
-Whip
-Net
-Spear
-Halberd
-Lance
-Quarterstaff
-Light crossbow
-Heavy crossbow
-Short bow
-Composite bow
-Longbow

Containers
-Purse
-Pouch
-Bags - 3 types will be made for the base kit
-Messenger type bags - 3 types will be made for the base kit
-small boxes - 3 types will be made for the base kit
-small chests - 3 types will be made for the base kit

Armor
-reinforced fabric
-Fur
-Leather armor
-Greaves - arms and legs
-Chain armor
-Metal armor
-Leather helmet
-Chain coiffs
-Steel helmet
-Other variants of helmets - makeshift armor etc - yet to be determined
-Buckler
-Target shield
-Normal shield
-Wall shield
-Kite shield

Clothes
-cloaks - 3 types in the base kit
-hoods - 3 types in the base kit
-general clothes - 3 types in the base kit: 3 types of pants, 3 types of shirts, 3 types of socks
-shoes - 3 types in the base kit
-boots - 3 types in the base kit
-sandals - 3 types in the base kit

Magic items

All magic items will be made in at least 3 types in the base kit.

-Rings
-Amulets
-Bracelets
-Wands/rods
-Wizard staffs
-scrolls
-runepapers
-vials
-Tomes/spellbooks

Foodstuff

All foodstuff items will be made in at least 3 types in the base kit.

-breads
-foodtype ingredients
-fruits
-vegetables
-meats
-fish

Herbs/spelltype components

At least 10 types of herbs/spelltype components will be painted.

Misc

All misc items will be made in at least 3 types in the base kit.

-keys
-locks
-chains

Rubble/destroyed items

At least 5 tokens/tiles showing general rubble/destroyed objects.

Battlemap backdrops

Battlemaps is the general name I chose for the basic ground images. They will be made available in a number of sizes, some examples are 1024x1024 pixels, 1024x2048pixels, 2048x2048pixels and 4096x4096 pixels. Every other tile/token in this kit are meant to be put ontop of either of these.

Backdrops:
-small water bodies/rivers
-dungeon
-grass
-rock
-dirt
-sand
-snow/ice
-various combinations of the above, creating a transition area.

50 terrain/walls/decals
Walls/doors will generally be made out of stone/wood in the base kit. Additional themed kits will contain more types such as glass, carved stone, metal etc.

-Walls - 4 directions
-Corners - 4 directions
-T-sections - 4 directions
-X-sextion
-Endings - 4 directions
-Doors open/closed - vertical/horizontal - both directions (door going in/out)
-Stair up
-Stair down
-Trap door floor
-opening in wall - window sized
-opening in wall - large enough for archery
-opening in wall - barred by metal rods
-opening in wall - window with wooden covers - closed/open
-opening in wall - glass window

50 inventory related items

Base kit will contain at least 3 types of each of the listed inventory related items below:

-beds
-shelves
-tables
-chairs
-containers
-rugs
-banners
-light sources
-fireplaces
-paintings
-maps
-Books

6 Vehicles

-Raft
-Canoo
-Small boat
-Horsecart
-wheelcart
-Minecart & tracks

This list will be updated, when I do, I'll add date and what was updated to the top of this post.

Shockbolt
August 18th, 2012, 15:09
Trying to device up a cool logo for the tiles, toying with some example names and trying to visualize what the logo would look like using the examples below:

Fantasy Tile Kit
TileQuest
GMs Tile kit
HD tiles
Ironthrone tiles
Fantasy tile kit by Ray Gaustadnes
Fantasy tokens
RPG tiles by Ray Gaustadnes
Green Elf tiles
Dungeon tiles
GMs Quest kit
GMs Campaign kit
Fantasy Quest tiles
Fantasy tiles
Paladin tile kit

"Fantasy Campaign kit - Holy places expansion"
"Fantasy Campaign kit - Tavern expansion"
"Fantasy Campaign kit - Siege engines"
"Fantasy Campaign kit- nautical expansion"

I never intended this to get "serious", but you never know..

damned
August 18th, 2012, 16:57
something along the Campaign Kit train of thought...

Trenloe
August 18th, 2012, 17:02
If you put it on kickstarter, include a few key terms in the title that will allow the kickstarter to get better hits with people doing searches.

Is "GM's campaign map tiles & tokens kit" a bit too much?!? ;)

Shockbolt
August 18th, 2012, 18:22
@ Trenloe: see, coming up with a good name for the tiles/tokens isn't easy. I would like to give them a short and meaningfull logo/name :)

Also, I've sent you a PM

@ damned: Would love to add either Gamemaster's or Campaign into the logo, or both. I might also go with something like "Gamemaster, Tiles & Tokens kit"...oh the numerous possibilities..

gamemasterbob
August 18th, 2012, 19:27
This art is fantastic. As far as the aspect goes I LIKE the facing tokens and NOT the top down. Sometimes in top down it's hard to recognize what you are looking at. Is this token set done? Can I buy it somewhere?

Nice work.

Bob

Shockbolt
August 18th, 2012, 19:35
This art is fantastic. As far as the aspect goes I LIKE the facing tokens and NOT the top down. Sometimes in top down it's hard to recognize what you are looking at. Is this token set done? Can I buy it somewhere?

Nice work.

Bob

Thanks! I've only made a bunch of previews so far, in the phase of planning the rest of them. Not sure when they'll be finished and made available, but once started, I'll do my best to push out high quality tiles and tokens.

Top-down seems to be the best way of doing these, in order to be able to make it face all directions using the same tile.

Shockbolt
August 18th, 2012, 19:47
"Gamemaster's graphics kit"
"Campaign graphics kit"
"Shockbolt's art pack"
"Campaigns - art pack/kit"

*sighs*

Finding a name for them is going to be harder than actually painting the set..

JohnD
August 19th, 2012, 00:33
https://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i53/5/5/23/frabz-TAKE-MY-MONEY-637757.jpg

Shockbolt
August 19th, 2012, 15:26
This is kinda where I'm currently at with the name/logo for this kit, I'll prob end up painting something else to replace the map, monster and items:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/logo009.jpg

I imagine sometime in the future, "Fantasy art kit" will be replaced by "Sci-fi art kit", "Zombie art kit" or something else.

JohnD
August 20th, 2012, 14:44
Just wanted to add that it was difficult to find one of those "take my money" memes without a "shut up and" at the front of it.

Really looking forward to your product(s) Shockbolt.

Shockbolt
August 20th, 2012, 15:05
Just wanted to add that it was difficult to find one of those "take my money" memes without a "shut up and" at the front of it.

Really looking forward to your product(s) Shockbolt.

Hehe, I bet, the shut up version is the one I've seen the most, and it wouldn't have offended me in any way. :D

Shockbolt
August 20th, 2012, 16:12
Planning to continue filling out the list of tiles/tokens tonight, for the basic kit, updates will be made to the original post containing the list.

Shockbolt
August 20th, 2012, 20:00
I'll prob end up creating a free tile kit based on middle-earth too, containing various known characters, creatures and items, for those who like to run MERP/RM campaigns using middle-earth as their playground. I remember we used to have tons of fun using the MERP system back in the good old days, that's how I got hooked on roleplaying in the first place, and later progressed onto Rolemaster as a player and GM.

I doubt I'd be able to sell any tiles/tokens based on the middle-earth universe, without getting the Saul Zaentz company on my back, so I won't try that.

That said, first priority is the base tile/token kit.

*goes to fill in more tiles/tokens into the list*

Shockbolt
August 20th, 2012, 21:06
Ok, I think that now shows what will be in the base kit of tiles/tokens.

For those unfamiliar with kickstarter projects (this will also be my first kickstarter project), some projects have what they call stretch goals. That means they usually add more content to the project for each stretch goal reached.

What I would like to add to the base kit are:

Stretch goal 1: more monsters & monster variations
Stretch goal 2: more humanoid races (players, enemies, npc's)
Stretch goal 3: more items/objects & item/object conditions
Stretch goal 4: Tavern/inn theme kit - whatever you'd expect and not expect inside a fantasy Tavern/inn.
Stretch goal 5: Nautical theme kit - ocean/sea related tokens/tiles
Stretch goal 6: Castles & siege engines - advanced walls, gates and things that protect and destroy them.
Stretch goal 6: Holy places theme kit - Graveyards , ancient burial grounds, tombs
Stretch goal 7: wizards & Alchemists theme kit - from stuff inside a wizards tower to the secret basement of a mighty alchemist.
Stretch goal 8: Evil theme kit - more evil stuff for the orcs, goblins, trolls and other nasties
Stretch goal 9: Elven theme kit - more elvish stuff - rebuild rivendell
Stretch goal 10: Dwarven theme kit - build moria or any other cave carved by stocky bearded persons
Stretch goal 11: Allows me to hire a bus filled with fantastic asian painters to create these tiles together with me..nah, that one was a joke, I'll be doing all these myself :)

But don't worry, one way or another these tiles will find their way to creation. It will just take longer to finish them without reaching the stretch goals.

I might change the list above, after giving it some thought and perhaps after receiving some advice, so keep an eye out for what happens.

bennis1980
August 21st, 2012, 12:25
Let us know when the kickstarter is up and running

Shockbolt
August 21st, 2012, 19:09
Let us know when the kickstarter is up and running

Will do :)

Shockbolt
August 21st, 2012, 22:09
Too rich?

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/logo010.jpg

lachancery
August 22nd, 2012, 05:44
Works for me. Suggest making some color tests on the fonts to see if any other would look better of make them stand out more.

Shockbolt
August 22nd, 2012, 18:51
Ended up with this version of it, I think it should do the job:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/logo012.jpg

lachancery
August 22nd, 2012, 19:39
The first (darker one) seems more detailed, showing off more the quality level you are targeting...?

heyhogan
August 23rd, 2012, 01:55
Shockbolt - I saw that the Kickstarter project by DevinNight was successful, and wanted to suggest that this might be a way to fund your project. Just an idea. https://kck.st/MQV0dx

Ardem
August 23rd, 2012, 03:04
I prefer the detail in yours Shockbolt so I am happy to support it once you announced your kickstarter project.

Shockbolt
August 23rd, 2012, 15:10
I prefer the detail in yours Shockbolt so I am happy to support it once you announced your kickstarter project.

Thanks! I've started looking into the text and imagery that is going onto the kickstarter page, it's tons of work and loads to prepare before I launch it. I have grand visions about the brag video, gotta set up a throne, rig all of my lotr replicas in the background, hire two hot chicks to sit on each side of me and finally, have Sean Connery do the voice over for me :D

*the real video will prob display tiles and explanatory text about the tiles and usage, and possibly show how they can be put together to form a map/battlemap*

Blackfoot
August 23rd, 2012, 17:27
As far as the logos go... I prefer the text in the 3rd version but the images in the first (preliminary version) I think those images better represent what the product is going to be containing. The 2nd and 3rd version have pretty pictures but don't really talk about the product... The text on the last one is the best though.

JohnD
August 23rd, 2012, 18:30
As far as the logos go... I prefer the text in the 3rd version but the images in the first (preliminary version) I think those images better represent what the product is going to be containing. The 2nd and 3rd version have pretty pictures but don't really talk about the product... The text on the last one is the best though.
Agreed to all of this.

Shockbolt
August 23rd, 2012, 22:03
This would be a step in a nicer direction then:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/logo013.jpg

lachancery
August 24th, 2012, 00:58
Yes, that last art piece is the best one for me. Kudos to Blackfoot for providing the right feedback.

Shockbolt
August 25th, 2012, 20:06
I've acquired a movie editing software this weekend, started looking into the creation of the promo video for the tiles on kickstarter...this should be fun...

Shockbolt
August 28th, 2012, 21:50
Shockbolt - I saw that the Kickstarter project by DevinNight was successful, and wanted to suggest that this might be a way to fund your project. Just an idea. https://kck.st/MQV0dx

That guy did great with his kickstarter project, over $8000 now and still some time to go. I've been following his page with keen eyes over it's span. I only hope that I'll at least reach my minimum goal with my own project.

Shockbolt
August 28th, 2012, 21:54
Just a tiny update on the kickstarter project:
-I've started working on the video, everything that goes into it has been scripted, still have to create it. I've made some nice stuff happen in the first 15 seconds of it, but that's as far as it goes...for now.

-all pledge levels have been decided, and rewards have been added to them.

-I still feel I have to show people more previews of tiles, so that's what I gonna have to create. Maybe a handful of monsters, some characters and more items...that might do the trick.

Trenloe
August 28th, 2012, 23:08
[B]I still feel I have to show people more previews of tiles, so that's what I gonna have to create. Maybe a handful of monsters, some characters and more items...that might do the trick.
I think it'll definitely be good to show off some example tiles to start. Perhaps save some others for updates during the duration of the kickstarter - helps to keep the information flow going as well as showing off what you can do.

lachancery
August 29th, 2012, 01:33
I think it'll definitely be good to show off some example tiles to start. Perhaps save some others for updates during the duration of the kickstarter - helps to keep the information flow going as well as showing off what you can do.
Shockbolt: The Reaper miniatures kickstarter was one of the best run I've seen to keep the buzz high, and the stretch goals really encouraged virality to spread the word out... If you didn't subscribe to it, send me a PM.

Ardem
August 29th, 2012, 01:48
I think make sure you keep some of those example art, to keep things changing on the Kickstarter page. Also you could try a group of picture showing the inner working of you making the images. Like a time slide show, that always impresses people.

Shockbolt
August 29th, 2012, 08:40
Shockbolt: The Reaper miniatures kickstarter was one of the best run I've seen to keep the buzz high, and the stretch goals really encouraged virality to spread the word out... If you didn't subscribe to it, send me a PM.

No doubt, that project was more than successful! Just by looking at their rewards, I can tell the rewards cost more than what they earned from them, by looking at the number of miniatures in each of them.

I don't think I'll experience this kind of hype, since I'm just one guy painting digital tiles & tokens and doesn't have that much to offer besides free kits of tiles & tokens, and custom painted tokens for the higher pledge levels. :)

Shockbolt
August 29th, 2012, 08:42
I think make sure you keep some of those example art, to keep things changing on the Kickstarter page. Also you could try a group of picture showing the inner working of you making the images. Like a time slide show, that always impresses people.

Great idea, I could do a screen recording and put it up there through my youtube account, letting people watch as I paint an item or monster from scratch to finished version.

Shockbolt
August 30th, 2012, 16:46
Created today, preview 11 or so:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/terrain_sandGrass05.jpg

damned
August 31st, 2012, 07:42
loving it :)
devin's kickstarter just finished too.

Shockbolt
August 31st, 2012, 14:37
loving it :)
devin's kickstarter just finished too.

I noticed, he got over $11K, almost twice his minimum limit :)

Shockbolt
September 1st, 2012, 14:40
Please notice the information on the website page found below here, this is not a live version of the project, only a preview page. As this is still a draft, information will be changed, new elements added and the pledge levels and rewards are not 100% adjusted and complete yet. The project will be hosted through an American game development company, once it goes live:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1956518119/466841172?token=9345e340

JohnD
September 1st, 2012, 16:18
Well you've got me for at least $25... maybe $50 if the timing of the end is right. :)

Shockbolt
September 1st, 2012, 16:38
Well you've got me for at least $25... maybe $50 if the timing of the end is right. :)

Sounds great :D

Shockbolt
September 4th, 2012, 09:49
Painted this sucker last night and did a screen recording of the process, uploaded to Youtube. Be warned, it takes approx 30 minutes to watch from start to finish, so you might want to skip some minutes now and then. Next video up will probably show the process of painting an item.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz8QvB3sUCQ

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_012.jpg

Shockbolt
September 4th, 2012, 10:36
https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_013.jpg

Shockbolt
September 4th, 2012, 11:03
High res example of the dungeon buildup, without creatures in it:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_tileset_014.jpg

JohnD
September 4th, 2012, 14:05
How about the skin... is it ready soon or is that part of this Kickstarter?

Shockbolt
September 4th, 2012, 14:16
How about the skin... is it ready soon or is that part of this Kickstarter?

The graphics are all ready for the RM skin, there are just some code issues remaining last I heard. Let me check with the programmer, posting an update here later today/tonight.

Dakadin
September 4th, 2012, 15:51
The graphics are all ready for the RM skin, there are just some code issues remaining last I heard. Let me check with the programmer, posting an update here later today/tonight.

Yes, there were a couple code items that are needed for the RM skin. JPG put in a change for FG v2.9.2 that resolves part of the issue. I need to do some coding to get the other parts done.

Shockbolt is actually waiting on me to provide him a list of the things needed at this point so I am the bottleneck right now. Once I finish the combat sample video, I can switch back to my development version and I will get him the list. Sorry for the delay.

Shockbolt
September 5th, 2012, 20:38
So, instead of spamming this thread with new images and updates of the kit, I've set up a new page on my website. You'll find it here: https://www.digitalartwork.no/?page_id=745

I'll still keep you updated on the project progress and let you know when it launches on kickstarter.com

heyhogan
September 6th, 2012, 01:27
An idea for your project: how about some tokens to show effects, like

Auras of various colors for around a token ( should be transparent )
Clouds in various colors for poison, smoke swamp gas ,etc
cone of fire
Fireballs
Ice bolts

You get the idea. I tend to make a few quickies now and then but they are low quality hacks. I would love a kit to choose from.

Shockbolt
September 6th, 2012, 15:34
An idea for your project: how about some tokens to show effects, like

Auras of various colors for around a token ( should be transparent )
Clouds in various colors for poison, smoke swamp gas ,etc
cone of fire
Fireballs
Ice bolts

You get the idea. I tend to make a few quickies now and then but they are low quality hacks. I would love a kit to choose from.

Thanks for the suggestions! My mind was onto the idea of doing something like this earlier, creating various spell effect tiles. I think what made me put them on hold is how to handle their shapes and various sizes. But they should be easy to create if I decide to make them.

Shockbolt
September 6th, 2012, 23:14
Updated the "official" page for the project, on my personal website today, should look much more professional than it did a couple of days ago:

https://www.digitalartwork.no/?page_id=745

Shockbolt
September 7th, 2012, 09:22
And I guess I am theoretically ready for the kickstarter launch, got all sorts of thoughts mixed up in my mind right now. But I guess the worst that could happen is not even reaching the minimum limit :)

Do you think it would make a difference if the kickstarter promotion video also had a voice over along with the text, or would that just make things worse?

Ardem
September 8th, 2012, 03:00
Shockbolt just a thought.

What is your permission use policy. What I mean by this, on use of your art.

Is it personal use only.

Cause if anyone make a map using your tile set, they cannot distribute it to friens or release their maps online.

I think you need to specify this or, if you can include different levels in your kickstarter promotion.I have seen this with different art projects.

Shockbolt
September 8th, 2012, 10:17
Shockbolt just a thought.

What is your permission use policy. What I mean by this, on use of your art.

Is it personal use only.

Cause if anyone make a map using your tile set, they cannot distribute it to friens or release their maps online.

I think you need to specify this or, if you can include different levels in your kickstarter promotion.I have seen this with different art projects.

I've received the details to log on and put my project on the US game dev account, going over everything today before I go live with it.

I had a discussion with the contact in that company, about the project, pledge levels and rewards and have done some slight adjustments to it. Terms of use has been updated, and I've added in a non-exclusive lisence for the use of the Fantasy art kit + addon kits in any games/module projects, together with the other rewards at pledge level $250, $500 and top level $850, all those pledge levels are limited. I don't think people will choose any of the higher pledge levels, but they are there incase there are some rich players, GMs or rpg/art lovers out there who would like to support the project :)

I think Devin also included a lisence to use his recent kickstarter kit with any games, at a lower pledge level, not 100% sure though. But, his kit was for monsters & creatures. the Fantasy art kit + addons would cover much much more, which is why I have chosen to add the lisence within the top two pledge levels, and made them limited.

When I decided to make the kits, I planned for them to be inexpensive to acquire and to be for personal use only, once the kits were created. :)

I'll be posting the URL to the kickstarter project later today, it's 11am here now, so it'll prob happen within 12 hours from this post.

Shockbolt
September 8th, 2012, 16:56
Ok, so the project was submitted to kickstarter.com for approval 30 minutes ago, looks like it will take 1-3 days tops for them to either approve or give feedback of anything that has to be changed.

This is what the submitted version looks like, changes mainly made to the rewards, pledge levels and terms of use:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortexgames/1473912725?token=46de04c0

Shockbolt
September 11th, 2012, 16:23
And the project is now live on kickstarter.com :

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortexgames/game-masters-campaign-the-fantasy-art-kit

DHKnecht
September 11th, 2012, 16:57
Congrats on getting it started. I signed up as official backer #2 at the $50.00 level. Can't wait till they are done!

Here's a quick request if you are looking for things - an elf in light armor, wielding two swords.

Mellock
September 11th, 2012, 17:04
And I'm backer #5 :) -- I'd make a post in the Armory forum as well, btw, like Devin did. I don't actually play Rolemaster and only came upon this thread recently. I assume others who may be interested in tiles and tokens might miss out if it's only mentioned in the Rolemaster forum. -- I actually missed out on the Savage Worlds character creator kickstarter for this reason.

And pop in the chatroom as well. Someone in there may be interested also!

Shockbolt
September 11th, 2012, 18:06
Congrats on getting it started. I signed up as official backer #2 at the $50.00 level. Can't wait till they are done!

Here's a quick request if you are looking for things - an elf in light armor, wielding two swords.

Thanks! I will have to add that one to the back of my mind :)

Shockbolt
September 11th, 2012, 18:07
And I'm backer #5 :) -- I'd make a post in the Armory forum as well, btw, like Devin did. I don't actually play Rolemaster and only came upon this thread recently. I assume others who may be interested in tiles and tokens might miss out if it's only mentioned in the Rolemaster forum. -- I actually missed out on the Savage Worlds character creator kickstarter for this reason.

And pop in the chatroom as well. Someone in there may be interested also!

Awesome! I created a new thread in the Armoury section, should potentially draw in a few pledges from there too :)

Ardem
September 12th, 2012, 01:24
Woohooo you made it to your first $1000. 9 more backers left for $500 come on guys you can do it. Now to explain to my wife why there is $500 on my credit card hmmm this will be an interesting week.

DHKnecht I have the ability (power *evil laugh*) for 10 custom paint jobs, I make that elven one a priority for you. Cause I am a nice guy.

Shockbolt I would start spamming the rpg fourms with a kickstarter post, not just FG but other, the more posts you make the more people will see this great project.

JohnD
September 12th, 2012, 01:26
Woohooo you made it to your first $1000. 9 more backers left for $500 come on guys you can do it. Now to explain to my wife why there is $500 on my credit card hmmm this will be an interesting week.
Fingers crossed it blends in with all the big ticket items she's purchasing.... :ninja:

I feel your pain.

I get grief for a $45 purchase on amazon yet the same bill contains $250+ of her crap. :confused:

Ardem
September 12th, 2012, 01:42
Sure we not married to the same person, that twice your stated something that is very familiar. hahahah

DHKnecht
September 12th, 2012, 04:39
I feel for both of you guys ... Wives are the same all over the world, be it Canada, Australia or the USA. If I went more than $50, I'd never hear the end of it, but she's getting a $200 hair highlight/treatment (that will wear off in three months), and that's perfectly fine (and no way should I *ever* question that). Good to know I'm in similar company :)

Ardem - thanks for the request on the elf - I've been looking for one of those for a while!

Ardem
September 12th, 2012, 04:54
DHKnecht - Didn't you know that hair highlight/treatment is for 'you' and not her and should come of your pocket, so you now have spent $250 this month.

"You want me to look good for you don't you" ---- Wife
"Ummm, yeah I guess" - You
"So that $200 come out of your pocket then, right" --- Wife
"*roll eyes* Umm, yeah I guess" - You

Shockbolt
September 12th, 2012, 18:27

DHKnecht I have the ability (power *evil laugh*) for 10 custom paint jobs, I make that elven one a priority for you. Cause I am a nice guy.

Shockbolt I would start spamming the rpg fourms with a kickstarter post, not just FG but other, the more posts you make the more people will see this great project.

I don't personally know you, but you're crazy Ardem, crazy for my kit :D

Many thanks for backing the project!

I've just posted to the boardgamegeek.com forums, googling for other places that might have interest in knowing about the project. Please feel free to post the kickstarter page to any fitting forums you guys may know of, you have my blessings to do so :)

Shockbolt
September 12th, 2012, 18:28
And yes...my gf spent $10k on a 3 week trip to the US this summer...and was a bit upset with me buying a mass effect rifle replica worth $800... why doesn't she just recognize me for the geek I am :D

JohnD
September 12th, 2012, 19:10
DHKnecht - Didn't you know that hair highlight/treatment is for 'you' and not her and should come of your pocket, so you now have spent $250 this month.

"Ummm, yeah I guess" - You
"So that $200 come out of your pocket then, right" --- Wife
"*roll eyes* Umm, yeah I guess" - You
Mine go like this:

"Ummm, yeah I guess but they're not miracle workers and I don't have a million dollars" - Me
"I'm not going to speak to you for the next week" --- Wife
"*roll eyes* Great! Uninterrupted gaming time!" - Me
**fist of death incoming** --- Wife

Moon Wizard
September 12th, 2012, 19:18
Here are a few sites to post your campaign to, if you haven't already:

enworld.org
rpg.net
giantitp.com
wizards.com (D&D forums)
paizo.com (Pathfinder forums)

You might try hitting up the other VT forums as well. There's a good list on the Battlegrounds web site. (battlegroundsgames.com)

Cheers,
JPG

Shockbolt
September 12th, 2012, 19:31
Here are a few sites to post your campaign to, if you haven't already:

enworld.org
rpg.net
giantitp.com
wizards.com (D&D forums)
paizo.com (Pathfinder forums)

You might try hitting up the other VT forums as well. There's a good list on the Battlegrounds web site. (battlegroundsgames.com)

Cheers,
JPG

Many thanks moon_wizard!

Shockbolt
September 12th, 2012, 20:07
Posted to all of those websites, except for wizards and paizo, wizards hated both my e-mails, claimed I had to contact them in order to "fix the issue". Paizo...still trying to figure out where to post my info about the project..their messageboard is messy..

Ardem
September 13th, 2012, 01:17
Mine go like this:

"Ummm, yeah I guess but they're not miracle workers and I don't have a million dollars" - Me
"I'm not going to speak to you for the next week" --- Wife
"*roll eyes* Great! Uninterrupted gaming time!" - Me
**fist of death incoming** --- Wife

LOL 'Fist of Death', didn't know you were married to Alice from Dilbert!

On a side note I have a full size cardboard cutout of dilbert, my wife so want to get rid of it. That aint happening seem like we are all Nerds here.

Shockbolt
September 14th, 2012, 11:52
29% funded after just a few days :)

Shockbolt
September 14th, 2012, 13:43
When the KS has ended (fingers crossed for at least a minimum goal reached), I'll also create a kit based on the 2.5D tiles & tokens made for Angband, made available for free, for personal use. Included in that one, would be T*o*l*k*i*e*n characters such as the fellowship, ringwraiths and more, for the MERP and Middle-earth campaign players and GMs out there.

Give me a little time and I'll put together some of the ones in the current 2.5D set and post some previews of the characters here.

Do notice I stated it would be free, also they won't be looking like the characters seen in the movies...I don't want WB to start chasing after me :D

Shockbolt
September 14th, 2012, 18:18
https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/MERP_2_5D_tiles06.jpg

damned
September 15th, 2012, 12:04
awesome... just awesome.
i will be contributing to your kickstarter...
trying to see if i can squeeze the $250 past the wife... not sure i can..!

Shockbolt
September 16th, 2012, 17:54
awesome... just awesome.
i will be contributing to your kickstarter...
trying to see if i can squeeze the $250 past the wife... not sure i can..!

The trick is to present the wife or gf with a nice gift as you spill the info about your own purchase, sometimes it takes the focus of what you've done :D

Shockbolt
September 16th, 2012, 17:56
New token preview, figure this one would be a young/mature Fire Dragon:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/MonsterTileDragonA013.jpg

Shockbolt
September 16th, 2012, 18:44
I've also created a few banners, for anyone who'd like to help spread the word around about the Fantasy art kit kickstarter project:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/bannerFAK01.jpg

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/bannerFAK02.jpg

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/bannerFAK03.jpg

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/bannerFAK04.jpg

Trenloe
September 17th, 2012, 07:21
I've also created a few banners, for anyone who'd like to help spread the word around about the Fantasy art kit kickstarter project:
Cool! Banner added (as you can see below). :-)

Shockbolt
September 17th, 2012, 11:18
Cool! Banner added (as you can see below). :-)

Awesome Trenloe! Google helped me find the proper code to add one to my own signature as well :)

damned
September 18th, 2012, 02:45
The trick is to present the wife or gf with a nice gift as you spill the info about your own purchase, sometimes it takes the focus of what you've done :D

shes getting a new stove and oven but she doesnt think they are "gifts"....
ive just done the $50 for now... will have to see...

craggles
September 18th, 2012, 17:42
I'm bannered up! :D

I already had too much in use on my ICE forum sig though - it would only let me add half the code. :(

Shockbolt
September 18th, 2012, 21:03
I'm bannered up! :D

I already had too much in use on my ICE forum sig though - it would only let me add half the code. :(

Awesome! :D

Shockbolt
September 18th, 2012, 21:54
shes getting a new stove and oven but she doesnt think they are "gifts"....
ive just done the $50 for now... will have to see...

Many thanks damned! :)

devinnight
September 19th, 2012, 13:45
Best of luck with your kickstarter. I don't make it here very often or I may have posted sooner with thoughts about how my kickstarter went and what things I would do differently.

Your work is really good so you should do really well.
I'm off to back your project.

-D

Shockbolt
September 19th, 2012, 17:02
Best of luck with your kickstarter. I don't make it here very often or I may have posted sooner with thoughts about how my kickstarter went and what things I would do differently.

Your work is really good so you should do really well.
I'm off to back your project.

-D

Many thanks for your support! I understand from browsing your website that you have been creating tokens for years already, so any advice coming from you would've been appreciated.

I'm pretty sure you experienced the same with your tokens, being contacted by various rpg websites, offering to sell your kits through their websites, or even having them integrated directly into their VTTs. That is what I'm trying to wrap my head around these days, how to deal with that and what to accept as a % of the sales income. And the fact that the KS is almost halfway there to be funded, raising the stress to keep painting new tiles and tokens to try my best to meet my estimated date for finishing the kit(s) :)

Realm Master K
September 19th, 2012, 22:03
Good Afternoon,
I wanted to let you know that I think your artwork is incredible. I have already backed your Kickstarter and will be anxiously watching it to see which stretch goals we can reach. (I was also a backer on Devin Night's Kickstarter, as well as Monte Cook's Numenera)

I have a question in regard to Fantasy Grounds and your Terrain Tiles (Which are awesome by the way). Based on the way that Fantasy Grounds handles Maps, what do you think will be the best way to use your Terrain Tiles within Fantasy Grounds? To be honest I am more familiar with Maptool, and have used the Skeleton Key Games Tiles with great results. I also use a projector to project the map onto a table. Your Terrain Tiles are much more the effect that I am looking for in my Rolemaster game. I have been running an epic RMSS campaign in the Virgin Islands for over 10 years, and my understanding is that with the FRP extension I won't have to switch to RMC. So once I verify a couple more things, I will be investing in Fantasy Grounds. I ran across your thread while researching the Rolemaster Classic Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds (Heard about it from Iron Crown), and I am sure glad I did.

Good Luck with your Kickstarter!

Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Shockbolt
September 19th, 2012, 23:12
Thanks for the nice feedback and many thanks for becoming a backer of my KS project!

The maps themselves can be created in more than one way, both inside any paint/photo editing software where you'd create the complete map, or by importing everything in my art kit into FG2(or any other VTT that is capable of handling tiles and tokens) and placing out all the various tiles ontop of the basic terrain images there.

The rpg session might run a little slow for those with low bandwith with many images to update if you construct large maps with lots of decals and tiles, so I'd suggest creating the backdrop with all terrain decals(brushes, rocks etc) inside for example photoshop or Gimp, then import the map into FG2 and place out decals and structure tiles that might be changed during the game session.

The way I'll probably be using the kit, is creating much of the backdrop map inside photoshop, then import the map into FG2 for use with the rest of the tokens.

I'll see if I can make a video where people can see how I put together a campaign map in realtime, and possibly post it on the KS page and here, maybe next week when I hopefully will have some spare time.

Do ask if there's anything else you would like to know about the art kit.

Good Afternoon,
I wanted to let you know that I think your artwork is incredible. I have already backed your Kickstarter and will be anxiously watching it to see which stretch goals we can reach. (I was also a backer on Devin Night's Kickstarter, as well as Monte Cook's Numenera)

I have a question in regard to Fantasy Grounds and your Terrain Tiles (Which are awesome by the way). Based on the way that Fantasy Grounds handles Maps, what do you think will be the best way to use your Terrain Tiles within Fantasy Grounds? To be honest I am more familiar with Maptool, and have used the Skeleton Key Games Tiles with great results. I also use a projector to project the map onto a table. Your Terrain Tiles are much more the effect that I am looking for in my Rolemaster game. I have been running an epic RMSS campaign in the Virgin Islands for over 10 years, and my understanding is that with the FRP extension I won't have to switch to RMC. So once I verify a couple more things, I will be investing in Fantasy Grounds. I ran across your thread while researching the Rolemaster Classic Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds (Heard about it from Iron Crown), and I am sure glad I did.

Good Luck with your Kickstarter!

Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Realm Master K
September 20th, 2012, 04:07
You are very welcome. I have quite a collection of top down art and tokens, and your is something very special. I do have a Question / Possible Suggestion about your Kickstarter. Have you considered offering a Pledge Level that includes All Future Fantasy Art Packs but does not include the Commercial License? I think that you might be able to entice people that don't plan on using the art for commercial projects with a Pledge Level like that. I know I would be interested. Not everyone who wants these tokens will want a commercial license. Just a thought. I want to see your Kickstarter reach all the stretch goals it can, and I think that might help.

All the Best, and Good Luck with the Project!

Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Shockbolt
September 20th, 2012, 15:23
You are very welcome. I have quite a collection of top down art and tokens, and your is something very special. I do have a Question / Possible Suggestion about your Kickstarter. Have you considered offering a Pledge Level that includes All Future Fantasy Art Packs but does not include the Commercial License? I think that you might be able to entice people that don't plan on using the art for commercial projects with a Pledge Level like that. I know I would be interested. Not everyone who wants these tokens will want a commercial license. Just a thought. I want to see your Kickstarter reach all the stretch goals it can, and I think that might help.

All the Best, and Good Luck with the Project!

Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Good idea! I'll see what I can do about that very soon

Shockbolt
September 20th, 2012, 17:40
As suggested by Realm Master K, a new KS pledge level has been added to the project, aiming for Game Master's that want all the kits for personal use only:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/reward175a.jpg

Use the banner in my signature to get to the kickstarter page :)

Realm Master K
September 20th, 2012, 18:53
Hi Raymond,
I am happy to announce that I am now officially the first backer at your new "Gamemaster's Art Kit" Pledge Level. Thank you for moving so quickly on this. I am stoked about your art.

I do have another question. I see that you have created a really nice UI for the RMC Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. Will this UI be compatible with the FRP extension? I'm still learning how Fantasy Grounds works. There seems to be a dearth of Tutorials. Any help you can offer is very much appreciated.

All the Best,
Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Shockbolt
September 20th, 2012, 18:57
Hi Raymond,
I am happy to announce that I am now officially the first backer at your new "Gamemaster's Art Kit" Pledge Level. Thank you for moving so quickly on this. I am stoked about your art.

I do have another question. I see that you have created a really nice UI for the RMC Ruleset for Fantasy Grounds. Will this UI be compatible with the FRP extension? I'm still learning how Fantasy Grounds works. There seems to be a dearth of Tutorials. Any help you can offer is very much appreciated.

All the Best,
Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Superb! :) And many thanks for sharing the project through google+ .
I would have to talk to the programmer about the UI question, let me get back to you when I've asked him.

Realm Master K
September 20th, 2012, 18:58
Wow! I just noticed that my upgraded pledge took you over the 50% Mark; $2,501.00
Congratulations!
Still 35 days to go. I am sure this will get funded.

:D

Shockbolt
September 20th, 2012, 19:12
Wow! I just noticed that my upgraded pledge took you over the 50% Mark; $2,501.00
Congratulations!
Still 35 days to go. I am sure this will get funded.

*two thumbs up*

I have to admit I was uncertain wether I should take the project to kickstarter at first. I'm glad I did now after all the nice feedback I've received from gamers, GMs and rpg software developers :)

Dakadin
September 20th, 2012, 21:15

All the Best,
Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Hi Realm Master K,

The new UI for the RMC ruleset should work for the FRP extension also. Most if not all of it should show up the same as it would for RMC. The only areas I can think of where you might possibly see some issues with are around the character sheet because I know Ardem is using some of those windowclasses in his extension. It should be fine though because I don't believe he is adjusting anything with the graphics in that extension. He is also really good about updating it after new releases so if there are any issues, I am sure he will track them down. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Shockbolt
September 21st, 2012, 19:42
Reached 55% funding today!

I'm planning to add a minimap tiles kit as a low Stretch goal, perhaps kicking in at even $500 above the minimum goal, this kit would feature old parchment backgrounds of various states, shapes and colors, then the tiles would be made up of corridors, doors, trap symbols, other symbols, tiny walls, house/village/town/city/castle/keep/tower/cave/etc etc, trees, mountains and anything else you'd need to create a "hand drawn map". An example of this will be posted here soon!

Should the kickstarter be funded, then this minimap kit will be included with the base Fantasy art kit, free of charge.

Shockbolt
September 21st, 2012, 23:40
More previews of tokens to be found within the Fantasy art kit, finished versions might look a tiny bit different than seen here, and some of the tokens will come in many versions:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/MonsterGargoyleA009.jpg

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/MonsterBeholderA014.jpg

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/MonsterMinotaurA018.jpg

Realm Master K
September 22nd, 2012, 04:27
Hi again. These look amazing. Your art is truly awesome. I so look forward to terrorizing my players with it. I'm sure they will defeat whatever I throw at them, but the looks on their faces when I throw up your art will be something to behold. Keep up the great work. I can hardly wait till this gets funded. Over 58% now.

Shockbolt
September 22nd, 2012, 12:38
Hi again. These look amazing. Your art is truly awesome. I so look forward to terrorizing my players with it. I'm sure they will defeat whatever I throw at them, but the looks on their faces when I throw up your art will be something to behold. Keep up the great work. I can hardly wait till this gets funded. Over 58% now.

Many thanks! I do hope the end result will be appreciated by all of it's users :)

This is the first preview of the Minimap kit that will be included with the Fantasy art kit, for making those maps that will guide(lure) players to any locations, and possibly show them what may be found inside those locations. What's seen here, is a portion of the dungeon tileset for the minimap kit(started painting these this morning, so it doesn't show all of the tiles that will be included in the end), not really meant to be used with any tokens, but as a stand alone campaign supplement that the GM creates then hands out to the players along with any info about the quest/location.

The world view minimap preview will be the next to be posted here, along with some sample parchments.

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/minimap_preview_01.jpg

Ardem
September 23rd, 2012, 13:39
Hi Raymond,

All the Best,
Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Hey Realm Master K,

We are a small group here that do the additional bits and pieces, and I was going to suggest Shockbolt make one or two buttons, once the new RMC is released and I have made the modifications.

So either way I will make sure the new art is compatible by making the FRP an optional addon rather then default.

ANy other questions or thing feel free to request them.

Realm Master K
September 23rd, 2012, 23:23
Thank you so much Ardem, for taking the time to respond to my question, and for making sure that FRP and the UI work together. I am feeling really good about making the jump to Fanatasy Grounds now. I am coming from a Maptool background, and have been hesitant to take the plunge. My other attempts at trying different VTTs have met with little success, and in one case a disaster.

I do have one question/idea for flexibility that I don't see right now with Fanatasy Grounds. It would be great to be able to drag and drop from my own computer folders onto the Fantasy Grounds tabletop, instead of having to add the map, token, or whatever to Fantasy Grounds first. I have found that it is sometimes hard to see all of the details of the tokens in the small thumbnails that Fantasy Grounds shows in the token box. It would be much easier to simply drag and drop whatever I need from my harddrive directly into Fantasy Grounds, instead of trying to see the small details on an even smaller thumbnail.

Thanks again for your help. I truly appreciate every one of you.

All the Best,
Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Trenloe
September 24th, 2012, 01:28
I do have one question/idea for flexibility that I don't see right now with Fanatasy Grounds. It would be great to be able to drag and drop from my own computer folders onto the Fantasy Grounds tabletop, instead of having to add the map, token, or whatever to Fantasy Grounds first. I have found that it is sometimes hard to see all of the details of the tokens in the small thumbnails that Fantasy Grounds shows in the token box. It would be much easier to simply drag and drop whatever I need from my harddrive directly into Fantasy Grounds, instead of trying to see the small details on an even smaller thumbnail.
This is base product functionality and therefore cannot be changed by ruleset developers. Smiteworks have a wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/ and this type of functionality is covered in the "Drag and drop images, tokens and maps" item (currently 11th on the list with 33 votes).

Shockbolt
September 24th, 2012, 18:19
And as of today, my Fantasy art kit kickstarter is 111% funded :)

Trenloe
September 24th, 2012, 18:33
And as of today, my Fantasy art kit kickstarter is 111% funded :)
Awesome, and then some. :)

Realm Master K
September 24th, 2012, 18:51
Congratulations Raymond.
I am stoked for you. Now we just have to hit all of the Stretch Goals. I've been trying to get the word out.

Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Shockbolt
September 24th, 2012, 19:00
Many thanks Trenloe and Realm Master K !

If the project should reach all of it's stretch goals, I might have to quit my day job in order to paint everything in that list :D

I'll include information about the Minimap kit that kicked in at $5500 tonight.

Realm Master K
September 24th, 2012, 20:18
Hi,
It is wonderful to see your Kickstarter project doing so well. I have an idea that may help to raise extra funds. On other Kickstarters I have seen a lot of projects offering add-ons. This is one of the reasons that Monte Cook's Numenera Kickstarter did so well. It raised $517,256.00. I was thinking that you might add custom token packs as a Kickstarter add-on. Like 10 custom tokens for X amount of $. Backers just add to their pledge amount through the Kickstarter Pledge Manager. So if for example someone had pledged at the $50.00 level and wanted to add a pack of 10 custom tokens for say $20.00, they would go to the pledge manager and add the cost of the extras to their pledge, ie, change their total pledge amount to $70.00. Simple and efficient way to raise more funds. (The $20.00 was just a random figure, you'd have to set your own price obviously) You could add different levels of custom token packs, and I bet you would raise a bunch more money. :D

If you did this then existing backers could up their pledges and you could raise more funds. I have watched it work very well for other Kickstarters. I thought it might work for you as well. I hope this idea helps.

All the Best,
Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise
:cool:

Shockbolt
September 24th, 2012, 22:35
Hi,
It is wonderful to see your Kickstarter project doing so well. I have an idea that may help to raise extra funds. On other Kickstarters I have seen a lot of projects offering add-ons. This is one of the reasons that Monte Cook's Numenera Kickstarter did so well. It raised $517,256.00. I was thinking that you might add custom token packs as a Kickstarter add-on. Like 10 custom tokens for X amount of $. Backers just add to their pledge amount through the Kickstarter Pledge Manager. So if for example someone had pledged at the $50.00 level and wanted to add a pack of 10 custom tokens for say $20.00, they would go to the pledge manager and add the cost of the extras to their pledge, ie, change their total pledge amount to $70.00. Simple and efficient way to raise more funds. (The $20.00 was just a random figure, you'd have to set your own price obviously) You could add different levels of custom token packs, and I bet you would raise a bunch more money. :D

If you did this then existing backers could up their pledges and you could raise more funds. I have watched it work very well for other Kickstarters. I thought it might work for you as well. I hope this idea helps.

All the Best,
Realm Master K
Gaming in Paradise

Many thanks for suggesting this. I've been into a similar idea myself last week, adding a new pledge that had only custom tokens in it. I didn't do much more with it, out of fear that it would bring on too much extra work in addition to the base kit and it's addon kits :)

I'll do some serious thinking and perhaps add a pledge reward with limited numbers.

Realm Master K
September 24th, 2012, 22:51
Hi Raymond,
After watching your 2 videos I have a totally new appreciation for your art. I know fully understand why you call the process painting. Your skills are amazing.

In regard to the add-ons I suggested. You don't even have to add a pledge level. Here is the Add-Ons section from Monte Cook's Numenera Kickstarter. The way he had it set up, you could add the Add Ons to any existing pledge level. It just increased the total pledge by the amount of Add Ons chosen. It really worked well for him. Take a minute to review it. Sorry if you've already seen this. And sorry for the length.

The following are rewards that you can add on for the listed amounts. These can be added to any reward level of $10 or more. Note, the amounts listed do not necessarily reflect the final retail price of each product, as those have not been determined.

+$3 A copy of the character creator app, for Android, iOS, or PC.

+$7 A pdf copy of the 32-page full color adventure, The Devil's Spine.

+$7 A pdf copy of the 32-page full color adventure, The Mechanized Tomb.

+$7 A pdf copy of the 32-page full color adventure, The Other Side of the Maelstrom.

+$7 A pdf copy of the GM's Screen

+$8 A print copy of the 30 card full-color XP Deck. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$15 A pdf copy of the 160-page full color Ninth World Bestiary.

+$15 A pdf copy of the 160-page full color Sir Arthur's Compendium.

+$18 A pdf copy of the Numenera core book.

+$15 A print copy of the 32-page full color adventure, The Devil's Spine. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$15 A print copy of the 32-page full color adventure, The Mechanized Tomb. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$15 A print copy of the 32-page full color adventure, The Other Side of the Maelstrom. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$20 A print copy of the 64-page full color Numenera Player's Guide. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$20 A Numenera dice set (specialized d20, plus a matching d6 and 2d10). Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$20 A print copy of the 120 card full-color Cypher Deck. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$20 A print copy of the 100 card full-color Creature Deck. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $5).

+$25 Numenera T-Shirt. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $10).

+$32 A four-panel vinyl GM's screen in landscape format with clear plastic pockets to make it fully customizable (includes the pdf of all the images and charts to use with Numenera). Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $10).

+$40 A print copy of the 160-page full color, hardcover Ninth World Bestiary. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $10).

+$40 A print copy of the 160-page full color, hardcover Sir Arthur's Compendium. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $10). (This add-on assumes we reach the $235,000 stretch goal.)

+$40 Upgrade your SIGNED copy of the Numenera corebook to a special edition leatherbound version of the book.

+$50 A print copy of the 200+-page full color, hardcover Ninth World Guidebook. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $10).

+$50 Numenera Thunderstone deck-building game (special limited edition). Shipping included in the United States (elsewhere please add $20).

+$60 A print copy of the 416-page full color, hardcover Numenera corebook. This is the standard version of the book. Shipping included in North America (elsewhere, please add an additional $10).

+$60 Upgrade your standard copy of the Numenera corebook to a special edition leatherbound version of the book

Make it worth your while by setting a price that works for you. Monte had people add huge amounts of add ons to almost every pledge, even the lowly $10.00 pledges.

Realm Master K
Gaming In Paradise

Trenloe
September 24th, 2012, 23:04
Many thanks for suggesting this. I've been into a similar idea myself last week, adding a new pledge that had only custom tokens in it. I didn't do much more with it, out of fear that it would bring on too much extra work in addition to the base kit and it's addon kits :)

I'll do some serious thinking and perhaps add a pledge reward with limited numbers.
Remember a person can only get one pledge (unless they use multiple kickstarter IDs), so the add-on option is a good one to allow people to pick and choose options. As Realm Master K says, add-ons are just increases to a specific pledge - so the Kickstarter user selects a pledge level and then adds money onto that pledge level to cover all of the add-ons that they require. This functionality (adding money above the pledge level) is built into kickstarter.

What isn't built into kickstarter is keeping track of what add-ons people have bought. Therefore, the kickstarter survey functionality is used to ask each kickstarter after the project closes a number of questions - which can be about add-on, etc.. It is up to you (Raymond) to build that survey after the kickstarter finishes.

Ardem
September 25th, 2012, 00:53
Congrats at reaching your Goals.

Well done, I hope some more pledges come in, I personally believe your pledge are good enough and you should focus on your core. It does not need add on your art is good on it own.
However a T-shirt with one your art pieces on it would not be bad.

Shockbolt
September 25th, 2012, 08:31
Congrats at reaching your Goals.

Well done, I hope some more pledges come in, I personally believe your pledge are good enough and you should focus on your core. It does not need add on your art is good on it own.
However a T-shirt with one your art pieces on it would not be bad.

Many thanks Ardem! I had plans for a cool t-shirt with some of my art on it but was talked out of doing that for the KS as the guy said it would bring too much extra work, having to ship perhaps hundreds of t-shirts to people around the world..

We'll see..if i can find a good quality service that allows for the print + shipping to be done via some website, I might go for that option, after having checked the quality first.

Shockbolt
September 25th, 2012, 08:33
So, before I had time to rig a good example, and set the mini stretch goal on my KS page, the Minimap kit stretch goal was reached last night at $5500.

It will come free of charge with the Fantasy art kit, enabling you as a developer or GM, to create...minimaps to hand out to the players. Obviously, some work is required to be done, such as drawing roads, rivers, lakes onto the map. Below you'll see some examples of what you can design using the contents of the minimap kit:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/minimap_example01a.jpg

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/minimap_example02a.jpg

Using the terrain map symbols/tiles and spending a few minutes drawing roads, rivers and lakes, adding text, you might end up with something like this for use with your campaign:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/minimap_example03a.jpg

JohnD
September 25th, 2012, 13:55
I'm loving the exterior maps... interior may still need a few more symbols (you did say still a work in progress)... actual stairs for example.

Shockbolt
September 25th, 2012, 14:07
I'm loving the exterior maps... interior may still need a few more symbols (you did say still a work in progress)... actual stairs for example.

Yes, I'll be adding many more tiles/symbols, also do feel free to suggest anything to include with it.

Griogre
September 25th, 2012, 19:42
Some suggestions for interior symbols: rubble, spiral and straight stairs, treasure chest, pile of treasure, round and rectangular Tables w/chairs, trap door, braziers, altar, pool, statues, columns, sleeping pallets, bunks, floor crevice, magic circle/pentagrams, X (as in here lies treasure), humanoid skeleton (lying down), webs, pile of trash and bookcase.

Shockbolt
September 25th, 2012, 20:01
Some suggestions for interior symbols: rubble, spiral and straight stairs, treasure chest, pile of treasure, round and rectangular Tables w/chairs, trap door, braziers, altar, pool, statues, columns, sleeping pallets, bunks, floor crevice, magic circle/pentagrams, X (as in here lies treasure), humanoid skeleton (lying down), webs, pile of trash and bookcase.

Added to the Minimap kit todo list.

Griogre
September 25th, 2012, 20:48
Nice. Some suggestions for the exterior set: Castle, Border Fort, Church/Monastery, Cathedral, and maybe coniferous tree sets?

Shockbolt
September 25th, 2012, 20:55
Nice. Some suggestions for the exterior set: Castle, Border Fort, Church/Monastery, Cathedral, and maybe coniferous tree sets?

Excellent. The castle & also a keep was on the todo list but the other additions should be nice to have as well. In addition there will be various types of towers, bridges, statues, ships, shipyards and much more. Do post any other suggestions, in the end it's you guys who'll benefit from having these tiles and symbols in your rpg gfx arsenal :)

damned
September 26th, 2012, 04:14
woo hoo - looks great!

JohnD
September 26th, 2012, 13:24
What about a set of city or village icons - taverns, shops, streets, etc...?

Shockbolt
September 26th, 2012, 15:13
What about a set of city or village icons - taverns, shops, streets, etc...?

Added to the todo list.

Shockbolt
September 26th, 2012, 21:25
woo hoo - looks great!

Many thanks damned!

Shockbolt
September 26th, 2012, 21:48
Looks like the Tavern/Inn addon kit is getting pretty close now, had another amazing heavy backer throw $500 into the art project today :D

Realm Master K
September 27th, 2012, 18:36
Wow! Your Kickstarter just keeps getting better and better. I love the mini map kit you are working on. Is there any possibility of adding some asymmetric cavern type icons? So we could create maps of caves and such. That would be very cool.

Shockbolt
September 27th, 2012, 18:41
Wow! Your Kickstarter just keeps getting better and better. I love the mini map kit you are working on. Is there any possibility of adding some asymmetric cavern type icons? So we could create maps of caves and such. That would be very cool.

Cavern tiles added to the Minimap kit todo list, thanks for suggesting!

Realm Master K
September 27th, 2012, 22:52
Hi, as I'm about to start a seafaring adventure for my intrepid players, would it be possible to add some islands, palm trees, jungle type stuff to the mini map kit? I really dig your art style, and want to use it extensively in my game. Thanks for considering it.

damned
September 28th, 2012, 02:42
i think im gonna *have* to up my pledge... but that means that I will *have* to actually complete some of my projects!

Dakadin
September 28th, 2012, 06:55
i think im gonna *have* to up my pledge... but that means that I will *have* to actually complete some of my projects!

I had the same feeling last week and *had* to up my pledge. ;)

Currently it is only $41 from the $7k stretch goal. :D

damned
September 28th, 2012, 06:58
im now at $250!
btw - thanks for your assistance to DrV on the C&C ruleset!

damned
September 28th, 2012, 06:59
btw - i love the minimaps. they are so cool. bring on the minimaps!

Ardem
September 28th, 2012, 07:06
I wonder how that happened :rolleyes:

I changed my pledge. However the total is correct based on my change, however the it still says 2 in the $500 and 1 in the $850, I am hoping I do not get changed twice my amazon. *cross fingers*

EDIT: showing right now <sigh>

Shockbolt
September 28th, 2012, 15:48
Hi, as I'm about to start a seafaring adventure for my intrepid players, would it be possible to add some islands, palm trees, jungle type stuff to the mini map kit? I really dig your art style, and want to use it extensively in my game. Thanks for considering it.

Added to the Minimap kit todo list!

Shockbolt
September 28th, 2012, 16:10
@ Ardem & damned : many thanks for upping your pledges, it's most appreciated! :)

Shockbolt
September 28th, 2012, 16:11
btw - i love the minimaps. they are so cool. bring on the minimaps!

Seems like the list of contents for the Minimap kit is expanding every day now, so you'll have plenty of stuff to create your maps with :)

Shockbolt
September 28th, 2012, 17:16
$7K stretch goal was just reached! In photoshop now, cracking the seal on the Tavern addon kit scroll :)

Realm Master K
September 28th, 2012, 20:49
Hi,
I just created a topic on the Iron Crown Forums about your Art Kit. I hope you don't mind. I just want to see all the pledges we can get you.

Shockbolt
September 28th, 2012, 21:41
Hi,
I just created a topic on the Iron Crown Forums about your Art Kit. I hope you don't mind. I just want to see all the pledges we can get you.

Let's hope Thom or Colin doesn't delete both of them...I started a thread there a little while ago :D

JohnD
September 28th, 2012, 21:42
I notice ICE is using some of your art work in their RMU... unless I am mistaken.

Shockbolt
September 28th, 2012, 21:49
I notice ICE is using some of your art work in their RMU... unless I am mistaken.

Ah yes, on the covers of the playtest versions. I believe it's cropped versions of these images that are being used:

https://shockbolt.deviantart.com/art/Sauron-200767952 (https://shockbolt.deviantart.com/art/Sauron-200767952?q=gallery%3Ashockbolt%2F615026&qo=19)

https://shockbolt.deviantart.com/art/Kalhmar-the-evil-Warriormage-77849294

https://shockbolt.deviantart.com/art/Bard-of-Lake-Town-86470110

Realm Master K
September 28th, 2012, 22:00
My topic is still up under the Rolemaster sub-forum. 18 views so far. :D
Hopefully the thread brings in some new backers.

I just noticed a new backer on your Kickstarter too. Only looks like $5.00 though. Now up to 48 total. I want to see that reach triple digits and beyond.

Dakadin
September 29th, 2012, 05:10
My topic is still up under the Rolemaster sub-forum. 18 views so far. :D
Hopefully the thread brings in some new backers.

I just noticed a new backer on your Kickstarter too. Only looks like $5.00 though. Now up to 48 total. I want to see that reach triple digits and beyond.

You might have gotten a couple peoples attention since it is up about $150 since you posted it and up to 50 backers.

Hopefully more will jump on the bandwagon soon. :)

Shockbolt
September 29th, 2012, 10:06
Suggested the Fantasy art kit in various new forums and e-mailed paizo.com about the VTT license, hopefully it'll get noticed.... And I made a new avatar :)

*edit* I've also e-mailed FG2 about the VTT license, it would be silly not to mention it to them...after having started the project in their forum..

Realm Master K
September 29th, 2012, 20:21
The Kickstarter just jumped to $9,260.00. Your posts are working my friend.

Shockbolt
September 29th, 2012, 20:39
The Kickstarter just jumped to $9,260.00. Your posts are working my friend.

And we also have some great news, just waiting for the right moment to post them :)

Shockbolt
September 29th, 2012, 23:48
As posted by the FG developer Doug:

"As part of the core GM licenses (Full and Ultimate), we will soon be adding a whole host of built-in fantasy art graphics developed by the user Shockbolt. A few of these items (namely portraits) will also be available to Player Lite licenses and Unregistered licenses. We have to work out some details on how some of these will best be incorporated into FG, so we'll keep you posted as we find out more."

Alrighty, it's official then: The base Fantasy art kit will be merged with the Fantasy Grounds VTT for Full and Ultimate licenses. Dues to this event, I will offer the chance for any backers of my project who currently holds either the Full or Ultimate license to FG and had planned to use my artwork with your FG VTT campaigns, to upgrade to the next pledge reward level for free, this will be possible up to the $500 reward. For example if you'd pledged $50, you can now opt to receive the $100 reward instead.

I'm offering this chance based on the fact that you'll now get the Fantasy art kit for free(not the addon kits) with the Full and Ultimate license.

As I have no control of who you are and if you hold any of those licenses, I'll have to confirm your claims to the larger rewards, with Smiteworks :)

Also, The Castles & Siege engines addon art kit stretch goal has been reached, posting the list of contents for that one tomorrow...too tired to think straight here as it's over midnight..

Realm Master K
September 30th, 2012, 00:45
Congratulations Raymond! That is awesome. How is the upgrade pledge going to work for those of us who pledged at the $175.00 Gamemaster's Art Kit Level? The next level is $250 obviously, but that drops all of the future addons. Just wondering if you thought about it.

Congratulations again! :D

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 07:24
Congratulations Raymond! That is awesome. How is the upgrade pledge going to work for those of us who pledged at the $175.00 Gamemaster's Art Kit Level? The next level is $250 obviously, but that drops all of the future addons. Just wondering if you thought about it.

Congratulations again! :D

Yes, but at $250 you'll be getting the license to use the art for commercial purposes, for example if you'd like to create modules using my tiles and then offer them for sale, that would be allowed and I would not demand any royalties from the sales.

Instead, if that is not something you'd desire, I can do so that the commercial license is dropped and 20 additional custom tokens are added to the pledge reward for the free upgrade option. That would include monsters, items, objects, characters or any tiles for that matter.

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 15:08
In regard of the recent events, please read, this should clear out any confusion in what was stated earlier:

As you know by now, two VTT/Virtual tabletop software developers have acquired the non-exclusive license to integrate my base Fantasy art kit with their VTTs. This does not mean that you are constricted to using the base Fantasy art kit with only those VTTs, you are still able to design your maps outside of those two VTTs. You will still receive the base Fantasy art kit if your pledge reward state so, and you will receive any or all addons if the pledge reward state so.

The only difference is that the base Fantasy art kit now comes free of charge, to any subscribers/license holders at Full and UItimate level for FG2, built into the software sometime in march/april 2013 (or earlier if I push on the creation of the art)

Also, this would count for those who currently holds the Full or Ultimate license to FG2 and for any current paying subscribers to www.rpgwithme.com:

If you've pledged $25 or more, you have the offer to upgrade to the $50 pledge reward, free of charge as a token of appreciation that you are still backing my project.

If you've pledged $50 or more, you have the offer to upgrade to the $100 pledge reward, free of charge as a token of appreciation that you are still backing my project.

If you've pledged $100 or more, you have the offer to upgrade to the $175 pledge reward, free of charge as a token of appreciation that you are still backing my project.

If you've pledged $175 or more, you have the offer to upgrade to the $250 pledge reward, free of charge as a token of appreciation that you are still backing my project. Also, for those who do not intend to make use of a commercial license, you are given the option to trade the license for additional 20 custom painted tokens that would include characters, monsters, creatures, items and objects of your choice. You will also be getting the same benefits as in the $175 pledge reward, receiving the addon kits.

Those who have pledged $250 and above, the majority have done so with commercial use in mind for the art kits, outside of the VTTs, and it is only logical that I do not offer upgrades to backers at levels $250 and above because of this :)

If you still feel uncertain or confused about the current events, please contact me directly using my e-mail: [email protected]

Regards,

Raymond Gaustadnes

Shockbolt
September 30th, 2012, 15:10
The upgrades will be taken care of post-project, you do not have to worry about that now.

Shockbolt
October 1st, 2012, 21:02
I don't have any explanation than stress. I seem to have left out the free upgrade from the $100 to $175 reward in both the post here and in the project update message sent out from the kickstarter page....mistake has been corrected and hopefully you who pledged for the $100 are not raving mad at me for this..

I can only say that this project is a valuable learning experience...for/if I decide to do something similar with the Scifi art pack in the future...

Tiqon
October 2nd, 2012, 06:05
for/if I decide to do something similar with the Scifi art pack in the future...

HAHAHA! DA BOMB!

See how much fuss you have made with your KP for fantasy ;).

Now why have I not been a part of this yet? I have praised your art before, you know that... And I have been following this project since the beginning and I have hoped as much as anyone here you succeed.

So why?

Well its all about timing really... financial timing. While I think this is a WONDERFUL toy, its not super necessary for running my game... aaand Im in the situation right now where I have to step lightly and consider what "battles" I should take on the home front (living on a tight budget here atm). I think you all know what I mean, as a couple of you already have mentioned your better half vs. buying stuff. Im there too, and I have been spending a lot lately on non essential everyday survival stuff ;).

I know I could have pledged just a few $, but I didn't wanted that... I wanted THE ART! Also 5 $ do not make much a difference. So my plan was to follow the KP and jump in if it seemed I could make a difference. I seemed I didn't have to! fantastic! believe me I'm really happy about this!
The further we come to the end of the KP the closer we get to my Birthday and the better the Sentence "You know honey my birthday is JUST around the corner... and I already know what I want, so there is the Kick starter with some art for FG, you know this guy Shockbolt who made the UI for Rolemaster we are gonna use, I showed you his Deviant art page, yeah him... so.....". So that was my plan anyway...

And so the bomb was thrown that the base set will be integrated in FG later on. MIND. BLOWN!

When you make the extends for the set available after the KP ends (you do that right?) I think you have a customer...

Now go back to you drawing pad and don't waste anymore time reading my nonsense.

Shockbolt
October 2nd, 2012, 08:52
@Tiqon and anyone else it might concern:

Do not feel obliged to put money into the KS project. I'm certainly not keeping track of anyone who has and hasn't backed and I won't be doing that either(for other purposes than the pledge rewards). And I certainly won't think less of anyone who do not intend to back the project for various reasons. Money is not the main reason why I am creating the artwork I do for FG2 or for any other rpg/adventure-related software or games :)

Shockbolt
October 2nd, 2012, 19:45
And I've started working on the wood wall structure tile set. Next update will feature that plus new tokens and maybe new terrains.

Ardem
October 3rd, 2012, 00:20
I think kickstarter is not about money making it, is rare that anyone will get any money reward. What it does do is allow people passionate about a subject or idea to complete it. That is why kickstarter is great and unique.

I am concerned however you may burn yourself out shockbolt, due to pressure and expectations. I hope your managing yourself as much as your managing your art.

demonsbane
October 3rd, 2012, 06:41
(. . .) I am concerned however you may burn yourself out shockbolt, due to pressure and expectations. I hope your managing yourself as much as your managing your art.

Really I think that these stretch goals deserve to be reached, because Shockbolt is making a very exceptional work with this project, that besides is going to increase the overall artistic level of many online (fantasy ATM) role playing game groups, adding a significant push and unprecedented quality factor to the world of virtual tabletops --specially if more stretch goals are reached.

Now, I hope Shockbolt can cope with this huge amount of work to do without suffering burnout!

JohnD
October 3rd, 2012, 14:04
Well its a concern but it isn't as if everything needs to be finished all at once and in 5 minutes.

Probably the big impetus is for Shockbolt to have whatever the VTTs that kicked in $ are getting done fairly quickly once the Kickstarter ends (or, I suppose, earlier for testing if any is needed).

Shockbolt
October 3rd, 2012, 23:52
Made progress with the wooden structure tiles today/tonight, using the tiles made so far, i'm now able to construct wooden buildings. I need to put more work into them, especially for windows and doors. I think I'll also include a wooden structure tileset that has a lighter wood color too, more greyish. I'll keep improving these tiles tomorrow and post a new preview then, with some inventory objects such as tables, chairs, fireplace etc.

Pay no particular attention to the items scattered around in the preview below, better/other versions will be in the finished kit version. These items seen here were pulled from my Angband art folder:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/wooden_house_preview02.jpg

Shockbolt
October 5th, 2012, 20:19
Preview of the second wood wall tileset, here in a dungeon setting:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/Dungeon_preview_01e.jpg

Realm Master K
October 5th, 2012, 22:14
Wow! You artwork is incredible Raymond. I am so stoked that I will be able to use it soon in my campaigns, and that you have been so generous in your upgrade for us that have Fantasy Grounds. I plan to use your art in all of the VTTs that I use, and with the upgrade to a commercial license, who know what might happen.
:ninja:

Shockbolt
October 7th, 2012, 15:55
Wow! You artwork is incredible Raymond. I am so stoked that I will be able to use it soon in my campaigns, and that you have been so generous in your upgrade for us that have Fantasy Grounds. I plan to use your art in all of the VTTs that I use, and with the upgrade to a commercial license, who know what might happen.
:ninja:

I've had a few backers say they are looking to use the art kits with their digital game projects, roguelike games and such. Really looking forward to see how that turns out :)

Shockbolt
October 7th, 2012, 18:48
New additions to the Minimap kit that will be provided free of charge with the base Fantasy art kit, seen here are a few compass variations for the maps. Again, the intended use of the minimap kit is not to battle it out using tokens, but rather using the kit as a way to create parchment maps: for example with the purpose of handing them out to the players, showing them portions or full maps of locations, before they visit those locations:

https://www.ironthrone.no/QuestLaw/compassCollection01.jpg

damned
October 8th, 2012, 05:22
anyone still contemplating supporting this project - we need to raise about another $1900 to get the Holy Places Art Kit stretch goal....

$12,000 - Holy places addon art kit - containing tiles & tokens of everything you'd need to rig up burial grounds, ancient and new, temples, shrines and places of nature worshipping, plus a bunch of items, objects, creatures & monster and fantasy characters related to the theme. Including ghosts, priests, clerics, druids and more.

the artwork sneak peeks we have seen so far are fantastic.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vortexgames/game-masters-campaign-the-fantasy-art-kit

Ardem
October 8th, 2012, 05:41
Hey Raymond, I was thinking

I hope you throw in the paper map background that you have made to display your mini map drawings. Cause that paper background is the really nice.

Shockbolt
October 8th, 2012, 09:00
Hey Raymond, I was thinking

I hope you throw in the paper map background that you have made to display your mini map drawings. Cause that paper background is the really nice.

There will be more than one paper/parchment background type in the Minimap kit, I'm thinking at least 3-5 variations so Game Master's can create scrolls, letters, map portions and larger maps, with variations in sizes.

Shockbolt
October 8th, 2012, 12:24
The Holy places addon kit contents have now been revealed on the kickstarter page, possibly even more art to end up in the final version of it.

Trenloe
October 8th, 2012, 21:51
The Holy places addon kit contents have now been revealed on the kickstarter page, possibly even more art to end up in the final version of it.
Although a backer has removed/reduced their pledge so we are back below $12k. :(

Shockbolt
October 8th, 2012, 22:42
Although a backer has removed/reduced their pledge so we are back below $12k. :(

I guess it's only part of the natural flow of a kickstarter project. People realizing they have to spend their money elsewhere or losing interest or some other reason for pulling out or decreasing their pledge. There are still over 2 weeks left, so I think we might even tickle the next stretch goal too, looking back at the progress made so far :)

Realm Master K
October 8th, 2012, 22:58
Hi Raymond,
I hope we do much more than just tickle the next Stretch Goal. My players are starting a new phase in their adventures where they are sailing for unknown waters in search of a secret Magical University that no one has seen in over a thousand years. So we need to hit both of the next 2 stretch goals. :D LOL

Seriously though, I have been really pleased to see how much support there has been for your art project. It's great that 3 VTTs have jumped on board. By the way, what is the third VTT that jumped in? I have been spreading the word as much as I can, and I keep seeing your threads all over the place as well.

Come on everyone, let's hook brother Shockbolt up. This is the best thing that has happened to VTTs since they came out. This artwork will truly redefine the VTT world.
;)