PDA

View Full Version : Add-on rules

heyhogan
August 3rd, 2012, 18:30
True or False: If I buy the Savage Worlds Rule set, players (who have not purchased this rule set) with either the lite or full license can play a Savage World campaign I create.

Ardem
August 3rd, 2012, 18:39
True: but they cannot GM a game

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2012, 18:42
True.

Only the GM has to have the ruleset, players will download from the GM when they connect.

The only exception to this can be library modules - essentially reference books for use within Fantasy Grounds. Some rulesets will only show library modules to players that have purchased them. I'm not sure if this is the case with Savage Worlds library modules. That said, you don't need library modules for players to play a game - they are a nice to have.

Griogre
August 3rd, 2012, 18:54
Most SW player library modules are common modules so the players can use the references while connected to the host. The SW Explorer player module is a common module as well. This means the players don't have to buy anything but they will have to connect to the host and have the data transfer to them. Don't forget to set the player modules to force load so they transfer to the players when they connect. The data is cached on the client after the initial transfer, but you should allow extra time the first session to allow all the data to transfer to the clients especially if the all log on at once.

heyhogan
August 3rd, 2012, 18:59
To all those that replied, thanks. I am planning out what to buy for our group and did not want to suprise anyone with extra costs. I plan to host ALL the Savage World sessions, where as other players will be hosting D&D4E games (included in Full License).

I get it!

damned
August 3rd, 2012, 23:46
if you have several DMs you will find that it might be best to get a mix of Full and Lite licenses in a bundle. If you are hosting lots of different people the Ultimate is often best.

phantomwhale
August 4th, 2012, 03:40
Savage Worlds is only required for the GM. Players can only access the library books whilst connected to the GM - what normally happens is the GM might put the server up an hour early or on the day before gaming to let people log in and input there character data at their convenience.

Welcome onboard :)