PDA

View Full Version : BRPEldritchHorror.ext translation

amanwing
August 3rd, 2012, 08:02
Hello,

i try to tanslate the character sheet from the BRP extension BRPEldritchHorror.ext
to german. To change the skills i just changed the skillnames in the cocscript.lua inside the ext.
When i change the characteristics for example "Strength" to something else the calculation of the bonus damage dice goes wrong. I guess it has to do with the calculation of those damage dice and that it cannot find the old name "strength".
Is there a way to change the whole charactersheet? like the calculationfield of the bonus damage dice?

Thanks alot in advance i try to translate the sheets to have everyone use the same skillnames and to not mix the languages.

Roncorps
August 4th, 2012, 02:00
You could use something like Notepad++ and do a "Find and replace all". That way, you could replace all "Strength" with "Stärke".

amanwing
August 5th, 2012, 11:36
but there is nothing like that in that text file. I need a hint where to search it. there must be a seperate document for those informations.

Roncorps
August 5th, 2012, 16:12
In Notepad++, there a "Search in files" so, you can set a folder and the program search for you in every .xml in the folder. Very handy.