PDA

View Full Version : Brutal and High Crit not working?

Xross
August 2nd, 2012, 18:46
Pardon if its a known issue, I did a search and could not find a post on this specific problem. :confused:

According to the Adventurer's Vault FAQ (https://wizards.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1423) When a weapon has brutal and high crit, you can reroll the high crit dice if the damage is low enough. On FG2, you see the auto-reroll on brutal weapons as a red die. However, when I tested a critical hit with the execution axe (brutal2, high crit), I saw the green crit die doing max damage but I never saw the red "auto-reroll" die for the high crit, no matter how many times I rolled 1s and 2s.

Can someone else confirm this? if so, would an extension be able to fix this?

Griogre
August 4th, 2012, 21:07
Edit: Wow, I totally misread your question. :o I got you mixed up with the other thread. You are correct though, brutal should effect the extra [W] dice in high crit rolls. There appear to be some problems with crits in the 4E ruleset as you can see from this post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17082

And yes, an extension should be after to fix this, its probably just adding a few lines of code in the high crit weapon code.

Moon Wizard
August 9th, 2012, 00:25
I just tested this on my machine without any problems when rolling from the combat tab.

A few questions to drill down:
* Are you using the axe from the combat tab (basic attack) or from the powers tab (as part of power use)?
* If used for a weapon power, which power?
* What level is your character?
* How are you rolling critical? Holding Shift key while rolling, or using button in Modifier window?

Regards,
JPG

Xross
August 9th, 2012, 07:44
I just tested this on my machine without any problems when rolling from the combat tab.

A few questions to drill down:
* Are you using the axe from the combat tab (basic attack) or from the powers tab (as part of power use)?
* If used for a weapon power, which power?
* What level is your character?
* How are you rolling critical? Holding Shift key while rolling, or using button in Modifier window?

Regards,
JPG

Oddly enough, I can't recreate the bug anymore, everything is working as it should: all the powers, holding shift and using the modifier window, and the basic attack.

I was using the powers tab:
* brash strike
* level 1
* holding shift

I think its possible that I may have been looking at the 3d rolling dice. In some cases that a die rolls a 1 or a 2, FG may have assigned it as the maxed weapon die and the other one as the high crit.

I hope that makes sense. If so, I'm sorry for the false alarm.

Moon Wizard
August 9th, 2012, 22:04
No worries. I just was tracking down any outstanding issues as I work on the next release.

Regards,
JPG