PDA

View Full Version : Voicechat! Community TeamSpeak3 Server

Pages : [1] 2

Trenloe
August 2nd, 2012, 13:26
With the success of the FGCon and the commercial TeamSpeak3 server we used, many attendees liked the idea of a permanent FG community server. Dakadin initially hosted a TS server at his work, then Mellock very kindly provided two server which he paid for himself. Thanks Mellock and Dakadin.

Now, damned is hosting a 450 user TeamSpeak3 server. Thanks damned!

Details

Description: 450 Player Teamspeak 3
Hostname: ts.fg-con.com
Server Password Dungeoneers

This serverd is pretty reliable so we recommend using this.

Teampseak3 client download

Please download the client from the following website:

https://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

There are clients available for 32- and 64-bit Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Apple iOS device (iPhone, iPod, iPad), Android (beta client) and FreeBSD.

Once this is installated you will need to run through the setup wizard to tune your computer, headset and microphone. Please do this well before you join a game!

All GMs and players - please use a headset with built in mic! Please avoid using separate speakers and microphone - using these *will* result in feedback for your other gamers which will be very annoying and will slow the game down! Headsets with built-in microphones are available very cheaply, so please do yourself and your fellow gamers a favour and use one! Thanks very much.

Connecting

Start the TeamSpeak3 client.
Click Connections -> Connect.
Enter "Server Address" as: ts.fg-con.com
Nickname is the name you wish others to see in the game list - it's easiest if you use your Fantasy Grounds user name so that people can identify you.
Server password is Dungeoneers

Once into the server, there are areas setup for general chat and specific games. Please don't enter an area that is for a game you are not playing!

There is basic text chat functionality in a channel (handy for sending FG server aliases and links) - this is accessed at the bottom of the TeamSpeak3 client.

Problems resolving ts.fg-con.com to an IP address

Occasionally TeamSpeak may report a problem resolving the IP address for ts.fg-con.com. In cases like this, use the IP address temporarily: 199.204.184.179 We recommend you switch back to the server name later, just in case there is a need for the resolved IP address to change in the back end.

damned
October 28th, 2012, 03:29
i had a situation last night where someone called *fatality* joined my channel and just spammed us with a short sound take (lots of screaming and stuff) over and over. i kicked him and he came back stright away so i passworded channel and kicked him again.
if others are experiencing this he may need some more permanent blocking :)

Trenloe
October 28th, 2012, 04:03
i had a situation last night where someone called *fatality* joined my channel and just spammed us with a short sound take (lots of screaming and stuff) over and over. i kicked him and he came back stright away so i passworded channel and kicked him again.
if others are experiencing this he may need some more permanent blocking :)
We had someone do that the other day too. The best way is to kick them and then do as you did damned or limit the number of connections to the channel. The user you mention connected 5 times in a 7 minute period - all using different identifiers, so it would be hard to block them permanently. This person obviously knows how to get around blocking... He even used 2 different IP addresses!

Dakadin
October 28th, 2012, 08:45
I increased the logging on the server. If someone is being difficult please send me a PM with details about the situation. I will do my best to handle the situation so we don't have people disrupting games.

Thanks,
Dakadin

damned
October 28th, 2012, 09:10
it was only the first time it has happened to me so i thought i would check if others also experienced this... i will collect further info if he re-appears on my watch :)

Blackfoot
November 2nd, 2012, 21:31
I've had this happen once as well.. it was a couple weeks ago though.. I'm not sure if it is a related incident or not... it was strange and I used the technique Trenloe mentioned above to block the user so it was no big deal.

Dakadin
November 2nd, 2012, 23:05
I made a couple changes to the server which will hopefully keep this from happening as much in the future. Please send me a PM if you encounter anything and I will do what I can to resolve the issue.

phantomwhale
December 14th, 2012, 21:00
Server has dropped twice during today's game (latest time was just now).

Do we know if it was down for maintenance, or unplanned outage ? We're switching to Skype / Mumble for the rest of the game, I suspect, but good to know what might be causing this / if it might be happening again next week !

Dakadin
December 15th, 2012, 00:23
Sorry about that. There is an issue with the SAN so it is responding slowly right now. I will be work on it tonight to resolve the problem.

phantomwhale
December 15th, 2012, 00:48
No worries - an acknowledged problem is much less worrying than a "no idea what happened there" problem. And thanks for the effort to fix up this awesome community resource - it's a real treasure.

Skype was very well behaved in the end, so a good session was still had by all :)

JohnD
December 15th, 2012, 15:44
Used TS last night from 9 - 11 PM Central - no issues. Whatever you did worked.

Dakadin
December 15th, 2012, 20:19
Glad to hear that things worked out for you PW and that there were no issues last night. I didn't get a chance to work on it last night because I couldn't find a time without users on it but that is a good problem to have. :) The SAN is running better now but I still need to do a bit of work to make sure it isn't a problem in the future. Please let me know if anyone has problems and I will look into it.

Blackfoot
December 15th, 2012, 22:33
No issues today either.. everything ran smoothly.

Callum
December 17th, 2012, 22:49
Used it today for the first time, because our normal Teamspeak server wasn't available, and it worked great - thanks!

Dakadin
December 19th, 2012, 08:24
Thanks for the feedback. I finally found a time when the server didn't have users online so I could do the maintenance. Please let me know if you encounter any issues and I will do my best to address them in a timely manner.

Mask_of_winter
May 4th, 2013, 14:11
I'd like to thank you for making this server available to the community. I've used it on two seperate occasions now and am very satisfied with the result.

Nickademus
July 25th, 2013, 12:14
Just so this is in the sticky, the old TS server is down. For access to the new one, ask your GM for the connection info.

[GMs, message me for the host and password.]

Mellock
July 26th, 2013, 18:17
Dearest gamers,

A new teamspeak 3 server is up for the community to use.
It has 50 slots.
Address: eurots5.gameservers.com:9280
Password: Dungeoneers

Dadakin was kind enough to put in the time to set it up just like the previous server, and will be an admin with Trenloe and Damned, and I'll pop in as often as I can spare these ears.

I hope many of you excellent gamers find your way there, and let us know if anything goes awry.

Dakadin
July 26th, 2013, 19:24
Thanks Mellock and Nickademus42 for stepping to help out the community. I will let Trenloe update the initial thread with the new information.

damned
July 26th, 2013, 23:47
Hi guys - Mellocks server can be found using: voice.fg-con.com:9280 as well (also teamspeak.fg-con.com:9280). There is no way unfortunately to supply the port number within the DNS record to simplify it further so you will have to remember the port number.

Dearest gamers,

A new teamspeak 3 server is up for the community to use.
It has 50 slots.
Address: eurots5.gameservers.com:9280

Dadakin was kind enough to put in the time to set it up just like the previous server, and will be an admin with Trenloe and Damned, and I'll pop in as often as I can spare these ears.

I hope many of you excellent gamers find your way there, and let us know if anything goes awry.

Trenloe
July 29th, 2013, 22:54
Thanks Mellock for the new server. Also thanks Nick for providing access to your server when the original FG community server retired. I've updated the first post to include new info.

Nickademus
July 30th, 2013, 01:01
My server is still up and still being used by FG members. We now have two options, one in the US and one I assume in Australia. I prefer not to post passwords in public forums, so the GMs using the server have the info to give out to their players.

Should any other GM wish to use my server, just message me for the connection info.

Mellock
July 30th, 2013, 05:06
The other one is in London, actually. It shouldn't be a problem to have it moved, if that becomes a problem. I'm glad there's two options for teamspeak now though.

lachancery
August 4th, 2013, 15:38
@ Nick:

I would like to try running some game sessions between your TS server and Mellock's to test out, if that's not a problem?

I ran my PFS scenario yesterday on the London server and we had three episodes that lasted each less than 5 minutes where no one could hear each other without heavy distortion. Disconnecting and client-side tests didn't change anything. I reached the conclusion that there was a bandwidth congestion/lag issue close to the server during those three moments. I could be wrong though, hence why I would like to test with two different servers over the next few weeks...

JohnD
August 4th, 2013, 16:13
@ Nick:

I would like to try running some game sessions between your TS server and Mellock's to test out, if that's not a problem?

I ran my PFS scenario yesterday on the London server and we had three episodes that lasted each less than 5 minutes where no one could hear each other without heavy distortion. Disconnecting and client-side tests didn't change anything. I reached the conclusion that there was a bandwidth congestion/lag issue close to the server during those three moments. I could be wrong though, hence why I would like to test with two different servers over the next few weeks...

I was running a game at the same time and using the TS server just like lachancery... noticed the same issues, although they cleared up within a few minutes... more distortion than anything in our case. The TS server had around 15 people using it at the time (around 8:50 PM Central I think).

Mellock
August 4th, 2013, 16:54
If this becomes a constant nuisance, I can move the server, if neccesary. I'll keep an eye on it. If anything like this comes up, please keep reporting it: it's supposed to make gaming easier, not detract from it.

Nickademus
August 4th, 2013, 20:53
@ Nick:

Would be better to fix the problem, but barring that it's no problem to hop to my server should things get bad.

lachancery
August 8th, 2013, 03:34
Around 22:26 EDT (GMT-4), we started having heavy distortion/choppiness. The Teamspeak server, or its Internet connection, seems to have crashed a few minutes later as all of us got booted and couldn't reconnect for a few minutes.

Started distortion/choppiness again at 23:07 EDT (GMT-4). We switched to Nickademus' server at this point, and it was clear.

hawkwind
August 8th, 2013, 11:49
I used the London server for 3 hours last night with no problems but then I am most of the players are based in London. Nice to have two options though

Mellock
August 8th, 2013, 12:54
Hmmm. Lachancery and JohnD, you are both in Canada. Are you guys both closer to Montreal or closer to Vancouver? I can run a test server at either location for a month and see if that fixes everything.

Nickademus42, may I ask who you're hosting with, and what location the server is in? Perhaps I just made a bad choice in hosting myself. (I asked a few euro players if they had problems at any time, but none so far.)

Big thanks for reporting the problems.

Blackfoot
August 8th, 2013, 14:46
Around 22:26 EDT (GMT-4), we started having heavy distortion/choppiness. The Teamspeak server, or its Internet connection, seems to have crashed a few minutes later as all of us got booted and couldn't reconnect for a few minutes.

Started distortion/choppiness again at 23:07 EDT (GMT-4). We switched to Nickademus' server at this point, and it was clear.
lachancery was the only one of us who seemed to suffer from these issues. The sound was all clear throughout the game here in NJ and I didn't hear any complaints/issues raised by anyone else in the game. lachancery was dropped for a bit then returned and his connection 'seemed' fine from our end.

Maybe I'm confusing my games... we never switched servers.

lachancery
August 8th, 2013, 15:57
Hmmm. Lachancery and JohnD, you are both in Canada. Are you guys both closer to Montreal or closer to Vancouver? I can run a test server at either location for a month and see if that fixes everything.

Nickademus42, may I ask who you're hosting with, and what location the server is in? Perhaps I just made a bad choice in hosting myself. (I asked a few euro players if they had problems at any time, but none so far.)

I am close to Montreal (suburb of it in fact). JohnD is physically in Edmonton (closer to Vancouver), but I'm not sure how his Internet connection is routed.

During the game yesterday, one player was from Germany (Malkavian_Andi) and the rest of us were from North America. I think I was the only canadian & the others were american; the GM is from Ohio I believe.

JohnD
August 8th, 2013, 16:59
Winnipeg, right in the middle of everything. The time my group noticed issues, everyone was in NA except one person in Europe.

Nickademus
August 8th, 2013, 20:36

(That 42 is going to haunt me....)
I have TypeFrag hosting the server in New York, NY. I've used them for Ventrillo and Team Speak in the past. Can't remember any issues like what I experienced in lachancery's game the other night.

Mellock
August 10th, 2013, 12:03
Nickademus' servers seems might stable, but if you ever need a backup server in NY/NJ (vancouver was greyed out when trying to select it), you can use ts53.gameservers.com:9152 with password Dungeoneers.
It also has 50 slots, if space ever becomes a problem. If you ever use it, and find you have the same issues as with the London one, do let me know.

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2013, 18:35
We had big issues with the server on: fgts.servegame.com:9280 yesterday.. to the point where we just couldn't hear each other anymore.
We switched to Nick's server and had no issues from there on out.

Mellock
August 10th, 2013, 18:55
Not exactly an enjoyable experience so far. I've put up an alternative server for you guys (details in the post above: ts53.gameservers.com:9152 with password Dungeoneers.) -- If anyone else has any trouble at all, please do report it here.

lachancery
August 11th, 2013, 00:02
Nickademus' servers seems might stable, but if you ever need a backup server in NY/NJ (vancouver was greyed out when trying to select it), you can use ts53.gameservers.com:9152 with password Dungeoneers.
It also has 50 slots, if space ever becomes a problem. If you ever use it, and find you have the same issues as with the London one, do let me know.

Wow, you're contributing another server! That's mighty nice of you... I'll try this one when I run my next games. Thanks very much!

Dakadin
August 11th, 2013, 03:34
Not exactly an enjoyable experience so far. I've put up an alternative server for you guys (details in the post above: ts53.gameservers.com:9152 with password Dungeoneers.) -- If anyone else has any trouble at all, please do report it here.

I modified fgts.servegame.com to point to the new server so using fgts.servegame.com:9152 should point to the new server now.

tlavalle
April 16th, 2014, 04:02
i have a quick question. in about 2 weeks will have a 255 seat teamspeak server up and running am i to late to offer services or could this community use it?

Trenloe
April 16th, 2014, 04:26
That's very kind of you to offer, but the 2 servers listed in this thread have been running for over 8 months now and since the initial teething problems in the first month we've never had any problems with capacity or anything like that. The main server coped well with the last FG Con so I honestly don't think there is any need at this point in time for another community server. Thanks for offering though. :)

tlavalle
April 16th, 2014, 04:35
no problem

damned
April 16th, 2014, 09:52
Hey Tlavalle - as part of FG Con we also now have a Community Server license - I just havent had a chance to implement it yet.

tlavalle
April 16th, 2014, 16:20
thats good i just had this sitting hardware and soon a connection being install in two weeks for my WoT clan i thought i could run to teamspeak servers on it nothing just trying to help.

damned
April 16th, 2014, 23:39
Hey tlavalle - what games do you play?

tlavalle
April 17th, 2014, 01:53
shadowrun. pathfinder, savage worlds, most any really as i work for a game store. Plus world of Tanks, and the Secret World.

damned
April 17th, 2014, 08:50
shadowrun. pathfinder, savage worlds, most any really as i work for a game store. Plus world of Tanks, and the Secret World.

ahhh... lucky bugger.

tlavalle
April 17th, 2014, 14:34
so what game are you looking for, I got what you need. :)

damned
April 18th, 2014, 02:15
so what game are you looking for, I got what you need. :)

me? ive got no time for any more games :(
i have a regular once a fortnight game that i gm (castles&crusades) and thats about the limit of my gaming time... with a small number of exceptions - this weekend in Sydney is www.Eye-Con.info and Im attending Saturday (my 1 day a year of in person gaming) and the other is www.fg-con.com/events which we run once/twice a year.
i see you are already booked for FG Con - awesome - dont be afraid to spread the word in any forum you might find yourself including at your game store... would you like me to make a flyer you can print and place in store?

tlavalle
April 18th, 2014, 02:27
i am only kidding on the what game are you looking for. :) on the flyer sure send me one i will print and post it.

Noelle
May 30th, 2014, 01:48
whats the teamspeak server it seemed to change the password cant get in

JohnD
May 30th, 2014, 03:31
I believe that the password is Dungeoneers.

damned
May 30th, 2014, 05:14
Sometimes you have to enter the password in more than one time...

Trenloe
May 30th, 2014, 06:02
Or if you continue to have issues see the section at the bottom of post #1 about using the original server addresses, not the fg-con.com names.

Mortar
June 1st, 2014, 12:26
Are permissions required to activate the microphone?

LOL....can tell its been a while since I used my mic....needs to be fully plugged in.

Blackfoot
June 1st, 2014, 19:05
LOL....can tell its been a while since I used my mic....needs to be fully plugged in.
My issue is usually reversing the headphone and mic jacks. :)

bdf1992
July 21st, 2014, 16:37
Are people still active on this?

Thinking about joining in on the community and getting to know everyone a bit better.

Trenloe
July 21st, 2014, 16:43
Are people still active on this?

Thinking about joining in on the community and getting to know everyone a bit better.
In general people don't "hang out" on the server (except during FG Cons). It's used frequently by groups running their games in specific channels within the server.

Alzarian Crimson
December 15th, 2014, 01:55
Greetings fellow adventurers!

I was wondering what the options are for using sound effects/background noises on TeamSpeak. Anyone had any success with that?

Trenloe
December 15th, 2014, 02:00
I was wondering what the options are for using sound effects/background noises on TeamSpeak. Anyone had any success with that?
I play background music all the time. Some info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?21678-tableopaudio-com-Free-background-music-ambiance-for-your-gaming&p=181792&viewfull=1#post181792

Alzarian Crimson
December 15th, 2014, 02:41
Fan bleeping tastic!

Thank you.

damned
January 11th, 2015, 03:43
We have a new FG Con TeamSpeak server with 400+ slots available.
This will be phased in over the next couple of weeks and will replace the current teamspeak.fg-con.com server.
The current server(s) have been provided for the communities use by member Mellock - many thanks to you good sir!

Details
Description: 448 Player Teamspeak 3
Server Password: Dungeoneers

Nickademus
January 15th, 2015, 01:18
Just logged into the new server. It seems to have different settings. While I see several ruleset channels, it is not possible to create a sub-channel for a game.

Blackfoot
January 15th, 2015, 01:20
Indeed. The subchannel and 'temporary channel' issues are a bit of an problem.

damned
January 15th, 2015, 01:35
If anyone wants to go online with just now and show me what doesnt work I will try and rectify with you now.

Blackfoot
January 15th, 2015, 01:36
I am running a game on there right now.

damned
January 15th, 2015, 01:43
Ive just made some changes on the channels - maybe that will fix this issue?

Nickademus
January 15th, 2015, 02:08
The channels are permanent now, but we still cannot create sub-channels.

damned
January 15th, 2015, 02:10
jump back in and work with me for a few minutes?

damned
January 15th, 2015, 03:03
Ok - so there are a few more things we need to do to get the permissions right.
Everyone should be able to make their own channels but there is a permissions issue right now with creating them as sub channels within Game Channels.
Make your channel where you can for now and we will clean up once the permissions are worked out.
Should have it worked out by the end of the weekend.

Blackfoot
January 15th, 2015, 05:18
The three things are 'subchannels', 'semi-permanent' channels, and channel sorting. None of those things are working currently. Are any of those things essential? No. Just kinda nice features. I usually leave my game channel but move it to the bottom of the sort after my game and up to the top when I'm running. Semi-Permanent is also good when you don't have someone sitting in the channel prior to the game but players are expected. Necessary? Not really... and they do get kinda cluttered after a while.
The subchannel thing isn't really essential either... just nice for sorting. Most of these things will be more meaningful during the Cons... in the interim it's more a question of how the server is meant to be used. If GMs aren't meant to have 'semi-permanent' channels.. ie 'their space' reserved for them week to week.. well.. then that's what it's doing right now.

damned
January 15th, 2015, 07:46
hey Blackfoot - there is no intention to remove any current permissions. setting up the basic permissions seems to be a little bit of an art form and Sunspoticus is going to help me sort t out over the weekend.
I dont mind how you set you up and manage your channels once the permissions get sorted out.
Come FG Con time the FG Con channels will appear above the regular game channels.

JohnD
January 16th, 2015, 20:43
Do you know when the current/old TS server will no longer be available?

Mellock
January 16th, 2015, 20:48
I was thinking to keep it up for february, at least. If everyone has transitioned nicely by the end of february (which I sort of think would be normal), I can take them down. If something weird happens, I can keep them up a bit longer. It's no biggie really, but the new TS server is so much nicer :p

Edit: The old ones are not gonna go down before the new one gets the thumbs up from Damned, at any rate. I'm just gonna keep an eye on the forums too to see how it all goes. There definitely shouldn't be a problem with players going without.

damned
January 16th, 2015, 22:19
We dont want to disrupt your gaming and want to make it as easy as possible.
If people can make an effort to test the setup from Monday onwards we can then understand if any further changes would be required.
New TS server has more bandwidth and more slots.

damned
January 21st, 2015, 03:02
I *think* we have the settings right now!
Thanks Sunspoticus and Trenloe for your help.
Please do continue to report any issues.

sirchet
January 23rd, 2015, 23:57
We'll be using the new server tomorrow night, if there are any glitches we'll let you know.

We should have 6-8 players and a DM on.

damned
January 23rd, 2015, 23:58
thanks Sirchet! Quite a few people have started using it now.

Gadreun
January 30th, 2015, 09:29
I am involved in two groups using the new TS - all good so far!

JohnD
January 30th, 2015, 14:23
I've run a few games on the new server... everything seems fine.

JerryRig
January 30th, 2015, 15:03
Working well for me every day this week.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2015, 17:51
Worked well with background music and all last night.

damned
January 30th, 2015, 21:40
In 6 days time I will repoint teamspeak.fg-con.com to the new server.
When this happens you will get a security warning on the first connection....

sirchet
January 30th, 2015, 23:27
We used the new version and it worked well.

Oops, I mean ... just what JohnD said, him being our DM and all. Heh heh

JerryRig
February 1st, 2015, 00:09
is that channel: contos de etherea an actual fantasy grounds channel? It wont translate in google and there is nothing in FG along that typing...google says it's vietnamese.

damned
February 1st, 2015, 00:56
it sure is a valid channel.
slowly the number of non-english players/games is increasing which is great to see.
Im pretty sure its Portuguese!

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-8.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Trenloe
February 1st, 2015, 15:09
is that channel: contos de etherea an actual fantasy grounds channel? It wont translate in google and there is nothing in FG along that typing...google says it's vietnamese.
Contos de etherea is Portugese for Etherea Tales.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
February 3rd, 2015, 12:46
Yes Trenloe, it is an campaign what I am playing and your name in portuguese is Contos de Etherea and in the english is Etherea Tales.

Vishera
February 4th, 2015, 04:34
Need a GURPS channel ;)

damned
February 4th, 2015, 04:37
Need a GURPS channel ;)

Hahaha! No players.... but because you are such a nice guy Ive made you one.

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-12.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)
FG Con 6 – April 17-19th 2015 - register at www.fg-con.com (https://www.fg-con.com/) for all the latest info.

Vishera
February 4th, 2015, 04:43
Hahaha! No players.... but because you are such a nice guy Ive made you one.

you rock. I'm bringing GURPS back!

Mellock
March 2nd, 2015, 17:04
I think I'm going to put the NY server to sleep tomorrow. Even the people who play once every other month seem to have transitioned nicely. Sweet :p

Trenloe
March 2nd, 2015, 17:09
I think I'm going to put the NY server to sleep tomorrow. Even the people who play once every other month seem to have transitioned nicely. Sweet :p
Cool. Thanks so much for providing this invaluable community resource.

Willot
March 2nd, 2015, 22:23
YEAH! thanks Mellock! Its been great!!

damned
March 3rd, 2015, 02:15
Thank you Mellock.
Are people still using the Euro server too?

https://www.fg-con.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/fg-con-6-150-7.jpg (https://www.fg-con.com/events/)

hawkwind
March 3rd, 2015, 07:39
yes

Mellock
March 3rd, 2015, 15:05
Yeah, it didn't have a message. The EU server will be up for a month longer too. It wasn't created at the same time as the NY one :)

Baron28
March 6th, 2015, 17:36
What is the process for having an FG teamspeak admin setup a channel for a game I'll be hosting?

Trenloe
March 6th, 2015, 17:48
What is the process for having an FG teamspeak admin setup a channel for a game I'll be hosting?
You do it yourself. Right-click on the Game Channel, select Create sub-channel and then create a semi-permanent channel with your game name.

Follow these instructions: https://www.teamspeak3.com/support/teamspeak-3-create-channel.php But in step 1 select "Create sub-channel" and in step 2 make the channel semi-permanent.

Baron28
March 6th, 2015, 17:57
Thanks Tenloe. I just didn't want to start messing around with the TS server creating channels without at least consulting you guys on how to do it properly.

damned
March 6th, 2015, 21:05
Hey Baron28 - its there to be used!

Winter7
April 29th, 2015, 18:13
I made a sub channel under 5E for Winter7's Adventure will be starting a 5E Thursday night session with my original friends I learned D&D from in the red box era. We are all exited about finding Fantasy Grounds now that we all have moved away from each other.

damned
April 30th, 2015, 02:20
Welcome Winter7! Holler if you need help. And have lots of fun!

Winter7
May 2nd, 2015, 13:09
Thanks damned, we had a successful first night. I would like to thank the Fantasy Grounds on the great product of the virtual table top and having a nice resource as a TeamSpeak server for their community members.

Nylanfs
May 2nd, 2015, 13:46
Actually Winter7, the Teamspeak server is donated by the FG-Con group. So it's another example of how awesome the FG community base is. :)

Eldaer
July 9th, 2015, 17:20
Hi, I am new to the community. Ive only played with friends but it gets less and less frequent as we have different schedules. So I thought I might see if I can join a group here.

I am from norway. I have a very flexible job so I am usually available all the time.

I enjoy any type of ruleset or setting as long as the dm knows what their doing. Send me a msg here if there are any groups I can join or if you have a tip as to how Ill find one

Blackfoot
July 9th, 2015, 17:54
This thread was discussing the Community Teamspeak Server... you might find more 'looking for a game' options in these forums:
Looking for Group (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?40-LFG-Looking-for-Group-%28formerly-Guild-House%29)
Pathfinder Society (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?71-Pathfinder-Society-Games)
D&D Adventurers League (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?95-D-amp-D-Adventurer-s-League-Games)

Andraax
July 10th, 2015, 03:12
I enjoy any type of ruleset or setting as long as the dm knows what their doing. Send me a msg here if there are any groups I can join or if you have a tip as to how Ill find one

See this thread: Looking for players Tuesday night game (8-11pm US/Central) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?25090-LFP-Looking-for-players-Tuesday-night-game-(8-11pm-US-Central))

damned
July 10th, 2015, 15:15
Just a heads up - Im going to have to drop the TS server for an hour or two next week sometime to do some maintenance on it... Timing is gonna be the challenge - it seems there are games on it almost all the time now...

damned
July 12th, 2015, 11:05
The TeamSpeak Server will be down for maintenance on Monday 13 July from 1000-1200 UTC.

lachancery
July 12th, 2015, 14:30
The TeamSpeak Server will be down for maintenance on Monday 13 July from 1000-1200 UTC.
And while we're on topic, many thanks from all of us for hosting the FG TeamSpeak server! Much appreciated. :)

Blackfoot
July 12th, 2015, 19:42
And while we're on topic, many thanks from all of us for hosting the FG TeamSpeak server! Much appreciated. :)
Seconded.

damned
July 13th, 2015, 14:41

Seconded.

Youre welcome :)

Server was restored to service inside the time window. I had to bump a couple of groups off onto another server but all is well.

Daedalus
July 14th, 2015, 15:03
Yes thank you. Also a question, how can I get my channel from sim-permanent to permanent?

Trenloe
July 14th, 2015, 19:37
Yes thank you. Also a question, how can I get my channel from sim-permanent to permanent?
You don't, sorry. We leave it as semi-permanent so that we don't end up in a year with a stupid amount of channels that we don't know if they're active anymore or not. The server get's rebooted rarely (2-3 times a year) so we feel the down-side of active GMs having to, a handful of times a year, quickly recreate their channel again is a small price to pay in keeping only active channels on the server.

Blackfoot
July 14th, 2015, 20:05
Makes sense.

Daedalus
July 14th, 2015, 20:40
You don't, sorry. We leave it as semi-permanent so that we don't end up in a year with a stupid amount of channels that we don't know if they're active anymore or not. The server get's rebooted rarely (2-3 times a year) so we feel the down-side of active GMs having to, a handful of times a year, quickly recreate their channel again is a small price to pay in keeping only active channels on the server.

No that's fair. I was just curious

Nickademus
July 24th, 2015, 05:20
After the last reboot, I lost the Priority Speaker for my channel. I'm not sure how I got it the last time (other than asking here), but it would be nice if it was default for all channel creators/admins. At the least, I would like to have it back on my account.

damned
July 24th, 2015, 05:25
If you created the channel you are an admin of that channel. right click on yourself and add as Priority Speaker.

Andraax
July 24th, 2015, 15:44
If you created the channel you are an admin of that channel. right click on yourself and add as Priority Speaker.

insufficient permission modify power

(And I checked, I'm marked as Channel Admin...)

damned
July 24th, 2015, 23:38
insufficient permission modify power

(And I checked, I'm marked as Channel Admin...)

Thanks Andraax - No one has deliberately changed any permissions. Ill see if we can track it down.

Mellock
July 25th, 2015, 12:34
I'm finally retiring the second old London-based teamspeak server on Monday. I think by now everyone found their way to the new and improved Damned-provided one. :)

Mask_of_winter
July 25th, 2015, 12:38
I'm finally retiring the second old London-based teamspeak server on Monday. I think by now everyone found their way to the new and improved Damned-provided one. :)
Thanks for holding the fort for so long Mellock!

damned
July 25th, 2015, 13:11

Thanks again Mellock! Awesome work on running the servers for so long.

Nickademus
July 27th, 2015, 22:11
Did this just go down?

Blackfoot
July 27th, 2015, 22:12
I seem to be able to connect to it. Are you using the new one? The address is in my Signature.

damned
July 28th, 2015, 02:00
Did this just go down?

We get a lot of DDOS attacks on teh server (!@#!!!) and sometimes the DDOS protection has to drop/block all connections for 1-3minutes...
Thats the world we live in now...

Nickademus
August 5th, 2015, 00:46
Thanks Andraax - No one has deliberately changed any permissions. Ill see if we can track it down.

Still insufficient permission modify power

Any word on this? It's a nice feature for a GM when there are many players.

damned
August 5th, 2015, 02:44
Ive made some more changes - please test next time you login.

Andraax
August 5th, 2015, 02:48
It looks like it makes the channel admin the priority speaker by default now. But it still cannot be changed.

Nickademus
August 5th, 2015, 04:22
It looks like it makes the channel admin the priority speaker by default now. But it still cannot be changed.

*feels stupid* I am a PS. I thought I wasn't. Thank you kindly for that.

damned
August 5th, 2015, 04:39
*feels stupid* I am a PS. I thought I wasn't. Thank you kindly for that.

Nahhh - I think that is a result of the changes I made today. I havent worked out how to allow you to assign priority speaker. Well - I have it set but its not working. So at the moment the Vhannel Admin (the person that creates the Channel) will be assigned Priority Speaker. If you are the GM and someone else made the channel consider nuking it and making a new one.

Nickademus
August 5th, 2015, 04:52
Indeed. This will do just fine.

I think a CA can set someone as a CA as well.

AxitMaster
August 5th, 2015, 16:22
Hi

As I get a better connection to Europe usually I was wanting to use one of the Europe based TS servers, however I have just tried to connect to them both and they are both there but not accepting the usual password.
Have they been discontinued or the password updated?

Please let me know. Thanks.

Mellock
August 5th, 2015, 22:06
If you mean the ones I ran for a while, in short, they have been discontinued. Once I give up a server, the company that hosts it can just rent the same server, which is basically a port number I guess, to someone else. So there's probably someone else's server behind that addres now. The other, London-based server is severely downgraded to 5 slots I think, and I changed the password to kind of herd the last stragglers to the much improved, Damned-run server. It may go down by the next few weeks completely, I only kept it once more cycle for tinkering reasons and for none-game purposes. So in a bit there will probably be someone else's server behind it as well.

In short, get thee to the much nicer one Damned provides! Hope this helps. :)

AxitMaster
August 5th, 2015, 22:20
Thanks.

Perhaps someone can update the #1 post to remove, or mention the removal, of the two European servers.

As it is I was just curious as I get the better connection to EU servers but at the same time I have never really had anything but an excelent use experience of the US one.

So as many others I would like to thank Damned and the others who have made the TS server available.

Wazoodust
August 6th, 2015, 14:51
Just tried to login to the server, I can't even find it in a server list, is it having issues or is it me, I never had any previous problems

damned
August 6th, 2015, 15:09
Im afraid thats me... hopefully wont be much longer...

damned
August 6th, 2015, 15:19
Its back and some folks are already using it... but all the channels are gone again....
Channel Admins will have Priority Speaker enabled automatically

Wazoodust
August 6th, 2015, 15:49
Thanks, was wondering if I did something here more than anything. Just checked, all is good again !

notanumber
August 19th, 2015, 00:47
Is the Teamspeak server down? I was connected until about 30 minutes ago. Now I can't reconnect.

Trenloe
August 19th, 2015, 01:01
Is the Teamspeak server down? I was connected until about 30 minutes ago. Now I can't reconnect.
Looks like it. I've let damned know, hopefully he can get it sorted quick-smart...

notanumber
August 19th, 2015, 02:46
Back online now. Thanks for the quick turnaround!

damned
August 19th, 2015, 13:15
hola good peoples - we had a hardware crash on the physical server. right in the middle of game time for some of you - my apologies. it was down for about 2 hours.

Blackfoot
August 23rd, 2015, 13:40
The Teamspeak Server seems to have gone down again. It was up and working fine and then poof. :(

damned
August 23rd, 2015, 13:54
Ive just restarted the VM... not sure what happened this time. Will look at it later. Its available again now and there are several players in there.

Djmaxx
August 26th, 2015, 21:56
The TS server seems to have gone down

EDIT: it is back up again.

Nickademus
September 22nd, 2015, 21:37
The server seemed to have been reset several times the last couple weeks. And now it seems a channel admin has "[Channel Admin]" in front of their nickname in the user list. Was this an intentional change?

damned
September 23rd, 2015, 01:09
Hi Nickademus it was rebooted last week so some updates could be applied prior to Gamer Geekend. Last night I rebooted it to test and apply some new settings that had been requested a few times. The [Channel Admin] was part of the testing but not actually required and I can remove that.
The Channel Creator is the Channel Admin. About two months ago I set the Channel Admin to automatically be the Priority Speaker. As of last change (thanks crymoricus) the Channel Admin can now also set others as Priority Speakers. This is mostly to support those that run music in their games - setting all players up as Priority Speakers (apparently) causes the music to lower in volume when someone (a priority speaker) speaks.
Are you having any issues? I spoke to everyone on TS last night before I rebooted.

Nickademus
September 23rd, 2015, 05:41
I'm not having issues. It just seems a bit silly for the GM (CA) to have such a long nickname when there is already a symbol to the right of their name that says they are a CA.

Nickademus
October 12th, 2015, 20:20
Trying to message someone today, I got this error: " insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power)"

Also getting errors trying to drag people from one of my channels to another. I used to be able to drag players to a private channel before.

Seems I can't poke people either.

damned
October 14th, 2015, 04:43
Nick can you retest this and let me know the results?

kamkor
November 7th, 2015, 23:55
Ok, so this maybe a dumb question, but im trying to find the FG Teamspeak server, whats the actual server name and the server address if i wanted to connect to it that I would type in the TS client server list to find the server? I am a complete newbie on this stuff.

Mask_of_winter
November 7th, 2015, 23:57
Ok, so this maybe a dumb question, but im trying to find the FG Teamspeak server, whats the actual server name and the server address if i wanted to connect to it that I would type in the TS client server list to find the server? I am a complete newbie on this stuff.
It's in the first post of this thread:
Details

kamkor
November 8th, 2015, 00:03
Thanks Mask, that worked.

Nickademus
November 8th, 2015, 11:42
Nick can you retest this and let me know the results?

This has been the case for several weeks, up to my last game Tuesday. I'll try again this Monday and Tuesday, but I've not had the permissions (both as a CA and as a member of another's channel) to do much of anything. It would be nice if a GM could turn priority speaker off as well. Some GMs don't use it and if they aren't using push-to-talk any sound will cause their mic to activate and minimize the input of everyone else in the channel.

damned
November 8th, 2015, 12:42
Hey Nickademus I just tested and it has lost those settings again... i dont know why it does that.
Anyway - Ive also lost the instructions on how to set it up again so Ill fix it as soon as I can find the right settings!

Nickademus
November 9th, 2015, 00:33
lol, I can't help but laugh. You know this is how Skynet starts, right? Who's in control here.

Maverickpoet
November 13th, 2015, 02:55
It's in the first post of this thread:
Details

once you get onto the ts3 server, how do you get into one of the campaigns though?

~Maverickpoet :)

damned
November 13th, 2015, 03:03
You dont use TeamSpeak to apply for a game. You should use the forums or whatever other method the GM specifies for applying to their game.
RPGs are often long running and involve teh same group meeting regularly every week or fortnight.
There are not a lot of pickup games run - there was one earlier today though.

Maverickpoet
November 13th, 2015, 05:56
You dont use TeamSpeak to apply for a game. You should use the forums or whatever other method the GM specifies for applying to their game.
RPGs are often long running and involve teh same group meeting regularly every week or fortnight.
There are not a lot of pickup games run - there was one earlier today though.

but i'm talking about this specific TS3 server that can host 450 gamers.

do you put a tag on your username and state:
Maverickpoet- LFG

that's what i'm asking :)

damned
November 13th, 2015, 06:06
but i'm talking about this specific TS3 server that can host 450 gamers.

do you put a tag on your username and state:
Maverickpoet- LFG

that's what i'm asking :)

Ive created a new Channel right under Open Chat called.... LFG.
Hang out in there and and feel free to tag yourself with LFG too...

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 06:13
I'm not sure this is a great idea to encourage. While I do feel we need more ways to help with player/game matchmaking.. the Teamspeak server is being used for active games that are already underway. Interruptions from players 'looking for a group' would be inappropriate and generally unwelcome, even though I doubt that many of the folks in the community would say so when pestered. More likely they would be helpful but annoyed. The forums or game calendar or some 'new' matchmaking feature would be a better way to go about it.

damned
November 13th, 2015, 06:25
I'm not sure this is a great idea to encourage. While I do feel we need more ways to help with player/game matchmaking.. the Teamspeak server is being used for active games that are already underway. Interruptions from players 'looking for a group' would be inappropriate and generally unwelcome, even though I doubt that many of the folks in the community would say so when pestered. More likely they would be helpful but annoyed. The forums or game calendar or some 'new' matchmaking feature would be a better way to go about it.

Hi Blackfoot! Im not at all advocating or suggesting that LFG players should be approaching GMs or interrupting channels. My first response to the question was that no one uses the TeamSpeak server for recruiting. I do speak to lurkers in Open Chat when I have time and often they are people who are available for a game. I think letting them advertise this fact might be a good way to get them into a session of gaming and even to allow a game thats short on players to go ahead with the inclusion of an extra... if anyone is intruding on your games feel free to password your room or if they persist in intruding let us know at [email protected] and we'll chat to them or remove them... :)

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 06:29
I haven't had any jerks on TS (well.. other than my friends and players.. ya know .. the normal kind) in a long while. I'm just sorta hoping that encouraging this sort of thing won't create that sort of issue.

Maverickpoet
November 13th, 2015, 07:15
I haven't had any jerks on TS (well.. other than my friends and players.. ya know .. the normal kind) in a long while. I'm just sorta hoping that encouraging this sort of thing won't create that sort of issue.

I'm not asking to be a random player or a troll. I was looking for a campaign to join. All the rooms are almost all PW protected and you guys posted a voip ts3 server, but have no way to introduce and/or get new gamers that use the Fantasy Grounds app into your campaigns/short 1 off's/ or tourneys on your TS3, except for the LFG channel just recently put in. I've got 2-3 other players that would like to find a stable group that runs more than just "what you thought was LFG" type of games. i'm an old school 2.0 AD&D player. used to have the mini's all painted up, my own dice sets, etc... I played back when Chainmail was still being advertised on DRAGON magazine...lol but i digress, anyone looking for two to three good gamers that want to DnD?
Keep on the Borderlands tell you how old school i am? lol

~Mav ;)

Blackfoot
November 13th, 2015, 07:42
The forums are a much better place for you to look for games. It can take a while so be patient, I recommend trying out the PFS or the Adventurer's League or one of the other one off groups. They'll put you into contact with other players and get you playing.. from there you will meet people who have a similar play style to your own and things will take off from there. The TS server will not be terribly productive for you. The FG community is generally very helpful.. so ask and someone will generally open up with answers.. even if they aren't always the ones we want to hear. :)

Maverickpoet
November 13th, 2015, 07:47
thanks...

~Mav

Trenloe
November 13th, 2015, 13:53
... you guys posted a voip ts3 server, but have no way to introduce and/or get new gamers that use the Fantasy Grounds app into your campaigns/short 1 off's/ or tourneys on your TS3, except for the LFG channel just recently put in.
The TS3 server was created to allow existing groups a platform for voice/background music to play their games. Very few, if any, use it as a means to advertise/find a game. As damned mentioned above, most of this is done through the FG forums - see the LFG forum (which is where you are now).

The main reason for this is that there are very few pickup games (if any), GMs prefer to give notice for their games (which are usually long running campaigns, but some do run one-offs) so they can make sure they have enough players, have character details sorted out, confirm starting and finishing times, etc.. This is accomplished more efficiently through a forum environment.

Sheiken
December 1st, 2015, 17:35
Hi, em what is the new password for the team speak server? I can't seem to join anymore.

Trenloe
December 1st, 2015, 17:39
Hi, em what is the new password for the team speak server? I can't seem to join anymore.
It hasn't changed - it's still Dungeoneers (capital D).

Sheiken
December 1st, 2015, 17:54
Ah, ty wasent working for a while! ,

C0pper_B0ltwire
December 3rd, 2015, 06:52
-snip because i Replied to the wrong post - doh!!!-

Mixylplyx
December 8th, 2015, 20:35
Ive created a new Channel right under Open Chat called.... LFG.
Hang out in there and and feel free to tag yourself with LFG too...

I wanted to say thanks for this. As someone new to FG and getting back into RPGs, it's daunting to navigate and try to get into a game. I'm not sure I want to make a commitment to strangers: 1) who I don't know if I'll get along with 2)I don't know the software and/or ruleset very well and don't want to hold things up, and 3)I don't have a set schedule (being in EST, it's too late to join most games). I've hung out in the LFG channel a bit and got invited to a game, but it was for a group in PST. There was another player from that time zone that entered soon after and I let him have the invite since it would've worked better for the group. So LFG worked, at least for that one guy for that one session.

I'd like to see the LFG channel expanded to include a LFP subchannel for DMs. I really like FG, so much that I've bought Ultimate, PHB, and MM, plus created a few adventures already. My problem is I'm still new to FG, 5E, and DMing, plus the whole EST time zone thing. A LFP subchannel that encourages DMs like myself to run one-shots with new players, sounds good to me. That way people new to FG or whaterver ruleset can learn without interrupting an established game, and new DMs can work out kinks. If you advertise this or some similar concept for new players to demo FG and rulesets, you may get more people buying into the FG system.

Crazy Aido
December 12th, 2015, 11:13
I might drop into this channel at some stage.

Callum
January 18th, 2016, 21:41
My whole group just got booted out of the TeamSpeak server, and it throws an error when trying to reconnect. Is anyone else having the same problem?

damned
January 18th, 2016, 21:53
Callum - the server cops a fair few DDOS attacks. Most are mitigated but sometimes the DDOS protection drops connections. There are about 10 people connected right now.

Callum
January 18th, 2016, 21:58
Okay - I've got back in now. Thanks, damned!

divilspawn
January 20th, 2016, 03:26
Sad to say, I missed the sticky on this and found it by way of another post. I was going to come here and say it should be stickied... now I'm not sure what more could have been done to make it more obvious for new people that this is a super important thread.

With that said, bump to the top of the stickies!

Ken L
January 21st, 2016, 19:32
Is there a rule about streaming music? I was wondering if I could get a music-bot to login by loading multiple instances but there's a connection cap of 1 unique.

I use pulseaudio streams to redirect my outputs so by using virtual streams I can pipe them into the desired programs. No additional software is needed on my end, but I've seen 'opus music codec' and I'm unfamiliar with team speak controls.

damned
January 21st, 2016, 21:00
There are a couple of threads about streaming music on teamspeak - i think most of them use a second computer to make that connection but at least one references a way to have music streaming from your own computer.... I think...

Ken L
January 21st, 2016, 21:13
There are a couple of threads about streaming music on teamspeak - i think most of them use a second computer to make that connection but at least one references a way to have music streaming from your own computer.... I think...

Aye, I can stream music fine, I was more curious about audio quality but that's a smaller issue. As for a second computer, I'm curious as I run from behind a NAT with port forwarding so if I login with two computers that share the same external address (my router) then would it not still be denied? I'll check later regarding this.

Edit: When I say I can stream music fine, I'm referring to the ability to pipe my outputs together so it arrives unified to teamspeak. Ideally if I can get two clients on, my players can then adjust that client's volume independent of my own. I'll look for those threads, I think they need a more-than-one connection limit though.

damned
January 21st, 2016, 21:20
Hi Ken L the server has approx a 250mbps link so it can handle a music stream. You can definitely have two computers connect from the same NAT device/location.

Andraax
January 22nd, 2016, 00:10

I do it for all my games.

Ken L
January 22nd, 2016, 00:39
I do it for all my games.

From the same PC? How? If I run multiple instances of TS I can't get the second to login.

Andraax
January 22nd, 2016, 00:51
From the same PC? How? If I run multiple instances of TS I can't get the second to login.

Create a new identity.

Ken L
January 22nd, 2016, 03:47
Create a new identity.

Ah, works perfect!

Is there a way to increase the codec audio quality higher than 7? I can't seem to be able to access the Opus Music codec when creating a sub channel.

Macgreine
January 24th, 2016, 04:09
I was trying to set this up tonight for our session tomorrow but can't get past it saying "contacting server". Am I doing something wrong?

damned
January 24th, 2016, 06:19
What are you trying - I played a game on there today - there are 43 people connected right now.

Server name: ts.fg-con.com

Are you able to access https://www.fg-con.com?

Macgreine
January 24th, 2016, 11:51
Nvm I was trying to connect with my ventrilo doh!

damned
January 24th, 2016, 11:59
Funnily enough - more than a few people try that :)

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 15:38
I can't connect to the FG TS Server this morning.

Ellspeth
February 1st, 2016, 15:40
Servers appear to be down across the USA Skill, I can connect to my groups out of Australia and Europe TS servers, but not the ones in the USA.

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 15:42
Servers appear to be down across the USA Skill, I can connect to my groups out of Australia and Europe TS servers, but not the ones in the USA.

Thank you Ellspeth I could connect to other Teamspeak servers as well just not FG's. It was nice meeting you the other day as well. :)

Mask_of_winter
February 1st, 2016, 15:44
Damned will check it out when he gets up. It's 2:45 am for him right now. Sorry folks.

Skillkoil
February 1st, 2016, 15:47
Damned will check it out when he gets up. It's 2:45 am for him right now. Sorry folks.

No worries, thanks for the update.

Mortar
February 1st, 2016, 15:48
What?? Damned actually sleeps! When did this start?

Ellspeth
February 1st, 2016, 15:52
I hope the poor man at least has the sense to grab a cup of coffee before he looks at the threads. But from what I can see this seems to be with Teamspeak itself, not just the FG server, perhaps it is confined to larger groups? Those I can access are all limited to like under 50 people.

Ellspeth
February 1st, 2016, 15:55
Oh and it was nice meeting you as well the other day Skill, I have met so many really nice people through these forums, and as new as I am to all of it, RPG's, FG, it has been a great experience. But technology will glitch.

Mortar
February 1st, 2016, 16:44
I hope the poor man at least has the sense to grab a cup of coffee before he looks at the threads. But from what I can see this seems to be with Teamspeak itself, not just the FG server, perhaps it is confined to larger groups? Those I can access are all limited to like under 50 people.

Those likely might be privately hosted servers.

pacio49
February 1st, 2016, 19:27
I'm having some issues with my personal TS server right now (soon to be resolved) but I have a game session for my group coming up this Saturday. Would it be permissable for me to use the community TS server for a single session just in case things aren't resolved in time for my game? I don't want to use up resources if they're earmarked for other use.

This would be this coming Saturday night, 2/6.

Thanks in advance!

Callum
February 1st, 2016, 19:43
This looks like a serious issue, then. Does anyone have any other options for voice chat?

pacio49
February 1st, 2016, 21:17
Teamspeak the program still works, just having some trouble with my personal server. Asking if it's cool to borrow the FG community one for a night if need be.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2016, 21:20
I'm having some issues with my personal TS server right now (soon to be resolved) but I have a game session for my group coming up this Saturday. Would it be permissable for me to use the community TS server for a single session just in case things aren't resolved in time for my game? I don't want to use up resources if they're earmarked for other use.

This would be this coming Saturday night, 2/6.

Thanks in advance!

Yes, that's what it's there for :)

ianmward
February 1st, 2016, 22:12
There's currently a power problem with community TeamSpeak server so it's down at the moment. It will be looked at shortly and we hope to have it back up as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys.

damned
February 1st, 2016, 23:03
Hi guys - I did see this at 0525am my time and logged a ticket with the Data Centre.
They have had a major power fault and this has had some flow on issues with cooling and other things.
As the issue is still ongoing there is no final RCA as yet.
Apparently power has been restored but due to heating/cooling conditions they have not brought all blade server racks back online yet.
Sorry guys...

MurderByNumbers
February 2nd, 2016, 01:01
Other US servers are up

Ashekelor
February 2nd, 2016, 06:26
I have been searching the forums and the net looking for the Teamspeak address. Can someone one either tell me the address and/or tell me where to go to find the information? It is out there, i just can't find it!

Thanks,
Ashekelor

damned
February 2nd, 2016, 06:38
Its in post #1 of this thread.
It is however still down - it might be another 2-3 hours still before full service is restored at the Data Center.

Ashekelor
February 2nd, 2016, 06:52
Thank you - I knew it had to be someplace obvious - I would have found it had it been obscure!

dubbomale
February 2nd, 2016, 07:00
is there a reason why ts is not working atm

ianmward
February 2nd, 2016, 07:04
See post #206 above...

damned
February 2nd, 2016, 12:30
Sadly the server is still down. The power issues at the Data Centre have had a cascading effect on other services and currently the HVAC isnt keeping up with 6500 servers being turned back on - so ours is still off... the likelihood of it coming back online while I am asleep is good (I hope) but if it requires some manual intervention... well it'll have to wait until I awaken...

damned
February 2nd, 2016, 20:38
Server is back up now as of about 2mins ago.

Wrekking
February 2nd, 2016, 21:18
Confirmed - connected to server right now!

Bobbums
February 2nd, 2016, 21:45
I'm still unable to connect to the TS Server D:

Blackfoot
February 2nd, 2016, 21:46
Seems to have gone back down again. :(

Wrekking
February 2nd, 2016, 21:49
It did! :mad:

damned
February 3rd, 2016, 04:32
Hey guys - sorry - been stuck on jobs on site.
There has been a major issue at the data center. Knocked all their power offline, once power came back online the HVAC couldnt cope. I dont know if HVAC was damaged or the air temp had just risen too high during the power outage or whether its the extra heat that 6500 HP servers generate on startup when they first power on and run at 100% while they self test... details are still thin.

The server was powered on for a period of time but then was shut down by the DC (along with large numbers of other servers) to allow the HVAC to catch up. Its been a pretty big disaster at the DC and their is no ETA as to when this rack will be switched back on again.

Sorry folks.

rob2e
February 3rd, 2016, 08:47
Any good alternative when this is down?

dulux-oz
February 3rd, 2016, 08:53
Any good alternative when this is down?

Skype?

rob2e
February 3rd, 2016, 08:55
Yeah skype, but what a resource hog. I dislike skype very much, but in a pinch...

Mask_of_winter
February 3rd, 2016, 09:03
How practical is Steam for voice chat?

damned
February 3rd, 2016, 10:35
Still no good news on this front guys.

damned
February 3rd, 2016, 20:15
TS is up. Fingers crossed.

Ken L
April 1st, 2016, 22:59
Is it down?

Reese_Kracus
April 11th, 2016, 00:36
Check out discord. PC based, Mobile based, even browser based. I've found it to be very user friendly, secure & FREE: https://discordapp.com/

Ken L
April 13th, 2016, 07:25
Check out discord. PC based, Mobile based, even browser based. I've found it to be very user friendly, secure & FREE: https://discordapp.com/

'FREE' with air quotes.

They're supported by venture capital at the moment, and they've yet to realize a revenue stream so wade carefully there.

timdog88
April 17th, 2016, 01:49
Is the server down right now? I am not able to connect at the moment.

ianmward
April 17th, 2016, 03:54
working for me now...

damned
April 17th, 2016, 09:51
I was out bushwalking today so didnt have a chance to respond to this earlier. Saw the email at around 12 and logged in via phone ok. Also server says it has been up for 15 days.

Marswipp
April 27th, 2016, 14:01
I am unable to connect to the public FG server. I get a generic "Failed to connect," message.

damned
April 27th, 2016, 14:34
Having a look at this now.

Callum
July 25th, 2016, 20:05
One of my players is using MacOS 10.6.8, which means he can't use TeamSpeak 3.0.17 or newer. The FG Con Community User Server has recently been updated, so he can't use it now. Is this update a one-way thing? If so, we'll have to look for a different voice solution...

damned
July 25th, 2016, 21:41
Ouch Im sorry Callum it does look like 10.6 wont work. There are security fixes that needed to be applied. 10.6 is now 7 years old and they have dropped support for it.... I dont have a better answer for you...

Callum
July 25th, 2016, 21:51
No worries, damned. He can download the Teamspeak iPhone app and use that, as a workaround.

wthrasherb
July 30th, 2016, 14:45
Have a game today and can't connect to the TeamSpeak server...

any idea what the problem is?

Thanks!

damned
July 30th, 2016, 15:16
There is a routing issue with/for some ISPs... Im in AUS and I cannot connect to TS from my home network but can from my work network and my mobile phone...
Im currently playing via my mobile for TS...

All the other players in my game are connected ok...

wthrasherb
July 30th, 2016, 15:18
There is a routing issue with/for some ISPs... Im in AUS and I cannot connect to TS from my home network but can from my work network and my mobile phone...
Im currently playing via my mobile for TS...

All the other players in my game are connected ok...

I haven't had this issue before. We've been playing for weeks with no issue.

Any suggestions on what to do? Just use Skype I guess?

damned
July 30th, 2016, 15:28
Its a new issue. I was connected earlier today.
Are other players in your group also unable to connect?
If the others are all on - use your mobile to connect for this session (turn wifi off on phone).

wthrasherb
July 30th, 2016, 15:42
I don't think any of my players are awake yet for me to ask if they can log on or not. I'm able to connect to TeamSpeak's big open public server with no problem. I just don't know much about TeamSpeak. I've only been using it since I started using Fantasy Grounds a few weeks ago, so my trouble shooting skills are lacking.

Thanks in advance for your help!

***EDIT***

It is definitely something with the Fantnasy Grounds server. I have connected to one of the many public servers and everything is working just fine.

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2016, 15:55
Its a new issue. I was connected earlier today.
Are other players in your group also unable to connect?
If the others are all on - use your mobile to connect for this session (turn wifi off on phone).Hrm. It's not working for me either currently, but I am able to connect to other servers.

damned
July 30th, 2016, 16:15
Are you also on Comcast?
If you try setting your DNS to
it should work.
Or just connect to 199.204.184.179 for the moment.

Trenloe
July 30th, 2016, 16:22
It is definitely something with the Fantnasy Grounds server. I have connected to one of the many public servers and everything is working just fine.
The FG Community TeamSpeak server is running OK - you can connect to it with the IP address 199.204.184.179 instead of the hostname.

I'm getting the same issue, it looks like Comcast has dropped the server from their DNS lookups, other ISPs might have done the same - what ISP are you on?

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2016, 16:23
Are you also on Comcast?
.. Or just connect to 199.204.184.179 for the moment.Yes, and that worked.

damned
July 30th, 2016, 16:57
I suspect that the registrar that holds the nameserver records for my nameservers that hold the DNS records for fg-con.com are primarily connected on Telstra/iiNet/Other-Routing-Affected-ISPs and Comcast is one of the networks that connectivity is buggered for.... so you cant resolve ts.fg-con.com but the IP address 199.204.184.179 still works...
I cannot get to that IP address either from the affected Aus networks but I can from two other AUS networks....
All fun and games at 0130am...

damned
July 30th, 2016, 17:29
I believe the routing issues are starting to clear....

Brandon Sparks
August 4th, 2016, 08:25
Quick question..would anyone be willing to get on for just a little bit to kinda show me how to run FG as a DM? first time using it and i have a group of friends that want to continue my game that we played in person.

damned
August 4th, 2016, 11:19
Brandon Sparks where are you located? What is it you want to know?

Brandon Sparks
August 4th, 2016, 11:31
I'm in NC but my issues are basically about the actual mechanics of the game itself. like my friends can't move their own characters and stuff like that. I just need some help doing like a demo dungeon run kind of thing so i can figure out what's wrong with mine. And i have watched just about every How To video out there but they're not helping much.