PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Ice Part 1: Written in Blood

Macgreine
August 2nd, 2012, 04:22
When the Decemvirate sends the PCs to the Viking city of Trollheim in the frigid northern Lands of the Linnorm Kings to deliver a package to an allied scholar there, the Pathfinders soon find themselves unwelcome visitors. Forced to navigate the rugged, isolated city and interact with the standoffish natives, can they deliver their cargo to its target, or will they find themselves exiled from the city... or worse?

Calendar Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=864) Sign up on the calendar.

Okay folks this will be my first experience at GM'ing using FG2. Although I have a pretty good handle on it ,your patience will be required.

Please sign up on the calendar page and post your character name, class, pfs # and xml files here.

+ Warning because I am learning the VTT this game may run long. Be prepared.

Mac

Manium
August 2nd, 2012, 04:29
Count me in :)
Lvl 1 Rogue

avro5731
August 2nd, 2012, 04:39
Have a lvl 3 Inq and a few lvl 1's

Willot
August 2nd, 2012, 11:34
Im In! (Im A bittish newish to pathfinder too so Cool)

level 1 Cleric

PF# 55772-1

Killian
August 2nd, 2012, 12:02
Hi all I would love to play. Right now I have a lvl 2 sorceress or a level 2 rogue. Sorceress is my first choice but will wait a day to see what everyone else chooses while I get my files together following my house move

Also, are we using a voice chat?

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2012, 13:37
I also have a few options as to who to play depending on group makeup.
PC Options:
Necromantic Sorcerer:3
Two Weapon Fighter:2
Thug Rogue:2

I'm guessing my Fighter:2 would be the best choice based on the roster.

Also.. if we stick with the convention of putting an * at the beginning of the name of the game in the calendar it keeps our group games together in the list.

Blackfoot
August 2nd, 2012, 18:55
The Roster seems to be looking like:
Rogue:1
Cleric:1
Inquisitor:3
Sorceress:2
Two Weapon Fighter:2
Wizard:1
Not too bad.

Mazz0382
August 2nd, 2012, 19:24
I would love to join. I have a lvl1 Wizard. Will attach the xml in another post. Just waiting on some information.

Killian
August 2nd, 2012, 22:53
Hey I've settled on Claudia lvl 2 sorceress .xml file below.

Macgreine
August 3rd, 2012, 01:58
So far it looks like a strong group. I have character sheets from:

1. Merric
2. Banic
3. Garbunkle
4. Claudia
5. Mazz
6. Marfu

Post those sheets and secure your spot. Mac

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2012, 02:10
Also.. if we stick with the convention of putting an * at the beginning of the name of the game in the calendar it keeps our group games together in the list.
*PFS ... that is (so people know it is a PFS game).

If GMs put the time and date in the title too - that helps players checking out games - as per the guidelines here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16897

Mind you, it doesn't look like Macgreine needs to worry - his group already has 7 people signed up in the Gamecalender. Good work! :)

Mazz0382
August 3rd, 2012, 02:51
Here is my xml. I was waiting for my chronicle sheet so I could buy some stuff, but you can't buy things unless a GM is present. So no need to worry about that atm.

Blackfoot
August 3rd, 2012, 02:52
You can usually buy things at the start of a scenario... depending on the setup... so you may be able to deal with it then.

Trenloe
August 3rd, 2012, 02:59
Here is my xml. I was waiting for my chronicle sheet so I could buy some stuff, but you can't buy things unless a GM is present. So no need to worry about that atm.
Most players will buy/sell equipment without a GM present - you just need to make sure that it is clearly indicated on your chronicle sheet in the items sold and items bought sections so that you have a definite record of everything your character does for you to refer to, and this will also be needed if a GM ever audits your chronicles.

If you aren't going to buy anything before your next adventure then you should fill out your chronicle sheet to reflect that your total gold from your last chronicle is your start GP in your next chronicle. So the chronicles all link together in terms of your XP, PP, Fame and GPs.

Macgreine
August 3rd, 2012, 03:49
You will have a chance to shop at the beginning of the game if you wish.

Macgreine
August 4th, 2012, 01:39
Marfu I still need your character xml. Please post as soon as possible

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2012, 01:45
Will we be using the new Teamspeak server?

Macgreine
August 4th, 2012, 02:19
I apologize everyone , it looks like I am going to have to put the game on hold and reschedule it. I just don't have a good grasp on the combat system in FG2 yet. I thought I had a good handle on it but tonight I tried to run an encounter using the local host system and it was a disaster. I definitely don't have it figured out :cry:

I made a post about a week ago asking for someone from the community who is experienced to help me for about 15 minutes to get a grasp on it but everyone is busy now. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience and I'll see you around.

Thanks , Mac

Killian
August 4th, 2012, 02:25
Hey I have run combat and can help out. Pm me will be free afternoon gmt

Trenloe
August 4th, 2012, 02:37
I apologize everyone , it looks like I am going to have to put the game on hold and reschedule it. I just don't have a good grasp on the combat system in FG2 yet. I thought I had a good handle on it but tonight I tried to run an encounter using the local host system and it was a disaster. I definitely don't have it figured out :cry:

I made a post about a week ago asking for someone from the community who is experienced to help me for about 15 minutes to get a grasp on it but everyone is busy now. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience and I'll see you around.

Thanks , Mac
I'm spending an evening putting Pathfinder stuff in Fantasy Grounds. So, come on the community TeamSpeak server (same we used for the game earlier in the week) and I can spend half-an-hour going through combat and any questions you may have.

Macgreine
August 4th, 2012, 02:55
Thats awesome. I wont be able to do it tonight I have previous plans but hopefully we can get together or I can figure it out on my own soon. Thanks everyone I appreciate it.
Mac

kozzom
August 4th, 2012, 04:36
Character Talin
PFS#55012-1
Class-Wizard

When you run this game can you put me on the waiting list?

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2012, 05:41
I have some time tomorrow to help you as well. I should be around during the day Eastern Time.

avro5731
August 4th, 2012, 06:05
Marfu - lvl 3 Inq Half Orc

Killian
August 4th, 2012, 10:41
Guys lemme know if this game is still a go, Mac don't worry about the combat you got at least two guys that have run combat before and we can set some time up beforehand my first time i asked loads of question from t he players and it worked out fine. If you do reschedule only time i can do is Monday evening your time so tonight is really the best time for me. Hope it can still go ahead

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2012, 15:42
Mac don't worry about the combat you got at least two guys that have run combat before and we can set some time up beforehand my first time i asked loads of question from the players and it worked out fine.
He is right about this. I'm sure we can walk you through any issues pretty easily. The software seems a bit overwhelming at first (I know it did for me) but it really isn't difficult to manage. Killian and I will be glad to take some time to hash out some stuff with you today if you would like to go through with it. (run through a couple mock combats, discuss how creatures work, go over the combat tracker... stuff like that)
I'll leave the Teamspeak server up so you can find me there.

Macgreine
August 4th, 2012, 16:40
Thanks for all the offers to help I wish someone could have stepped up sooner. Unfortunately I am working till about 45 mins before game time. I will learn the system better and re schedule the game. Maybe ill get it figured out myself or someone could help out this week.
Thanks, Mac

PaxVeritas
August 4th, 2012, 21:48
Hey everyone - I would love to join this group. The GM sounds exited to run a game, but wants to learn the mechanics of FGII first. Funny thing is, I am in the same boat. I bought FGII last winter but haven't found a good immersive GM, nor do I have a real good grasp of running games, otherwise I'd host a bunch myself. So I'd like to ask the favor of those helping Macgreine to possibly include me as well in their tutorials. I bet there's a lot of GMs like Macgreine and even myself out there who would be offering more games if we figure out how to ease up the learning curve of FGII for GMs. Please send me a message if you don't mind including me in the help you offer Macgreine if you can. Thanks so much.

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2012, 22:28
I'm around this evening... since I was planning to play... so I'm available to help whoever with 'How to run PF combat using FG.' I'm on the FG Teamspeak Server currently.

Macgreine
August 4th, 2012, 22:45
Thats great. What time are you doing this?

Blackfoot
August 4th, 2012, 22:47
I'm up right now.
FG Server: tiny fang huge ogre
Voice: FG Teamspeak

Willot
August 5th, 2012, 00:03
Maybe someone should do a proper "Intro to GM Mechanics In FGII (An introduction to VT Gaming 1833-1912) CERT III

:)

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2012, 00:05
Umm.. someone could.. but that won't be me. I'm glad to help out with pointers on how to run PF combat though.

Willot
August 5th, 2012, 00:37
Umm.. someone could.. but that won't be me. I'm glad to help out with pointers on how to run PF combat though.

Thats Certificate I hehehe

Macgreine
August 5th, 2012, 01:05
I should be home from worj in about 20-30 mins

Macgreine
August 5th, 2012, 01:44
Maybe someone should do a proper "Intro to GM Mechanics In FGII (An introduction to VT Gaming 1833-1912) CERT III

:)

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you clarify this?

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2012, 01:47
He's being goofy.

Manium
August 5th, 2012, 02:32
Im Cominggg!!!

Willot
August 5th, 2012, 02:51
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you clarify this?

Yep Goofy!:p

avro5731
August 5th, 2012, 02:56
thought the game was cancelled?

Willot
August 5th, 2012, 03:11
thought the game was cancelled?

It is. There were just going through a training excerise. He needs a few tips he will still reschedule

avro5731
August 5th, 2012, 03:27
Cool - hope all is well - will be watching

Manium
August 5th, 2012, 03:53
Fuuu--.... T_T

Killian
August 5th, 2012, 13:33
I'm free to do the original time next week

Manium
August 5th, 2012, 21:22
Same time next week sounds great for me.

Blackfoot
August 5th, 2012, 21:50
I believe that'd be good for me as well.

Macgreine
August 5th, 2012, 22:49
Big thanks to Blackfoot for the training session last night. It really helped a lot. Lets go ahead and reschedule the game session for Saturday Aug 11 @ 8pm CDT.

Willot
August 5th, 2012, 23:33
Big thanks to Blackfoot for the training session last night. It really helped a lot. Lets go ahead and reschedule the game session for Saturday Aug 11 @ 8pm CDT.

can you put the play time in the calendar too, so it will work out my local playtime. I hate working out timezones :p

Macgreine
August 6th, 2012, 00:00
Done and Done.

Macgreine
August 9th, 2012, 02:28
Is everyone who is signed up for the game that got postponed available for the up coming session? Please reply so I know whether or not to find more players.

kozzom
August 9th, 2012, 03:07
I am available, I am in pending status now but if a slot is available Ill take it. Character was Talin, I attached my character and pet files in this forum already.

avro5731
August 9th, 2012, 03:10
Signed up on Calendar

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2012, 04:04
I'm planning on playing Saturday the 11th...

Mazz0382
August 9th, 2012, 09:01
I'll be there.

Willot
August 9th, 2012, 11:02
Is everyone who is signed up for the game that got postponed available for the up coming session? Please reply so I know whether or not to find more players.

Im good yep

Blackfoot
August 9th, 2012, 18:52
OK.. just to get this straight... cuz I'm easily confused. :)
(info from game calendar)
---------------------------------
Signups:
2 Sorcerer - Killian - Claudia Ketrik
1 Cleric - Willot Banic
2 Fighter - Blackfoot - Garbunkle
3 Inquisitor - avro5731 - Marfu
1 Wizard - Mazz0382 - Mazz Erdan
Manium
1 Wizard - kozzom - Talin
Binthar
Sat, Aug 11th 09:00 PM EDT
PLAYING:
Slots:
1-Killian
2-Willot
3-Blackfoot
4-avro5731
5-Mazz0382

Waitlist:
kozzom
Binthar

NOT PLAYING:
6-Manium
------------------------
So it 'looks' like either Kozzom or Binthar should have a slot... depending on who signed up first. Am I right?

kozzom
August 10th, 2012, 00:31
Where can I tell if i signed up first or not for the game? Thanks.

Macgreine
August 10th, 2012, 02:39
Is there a way to tell who signed up first? I don't see a forum post or any character info from Binthar so i wonder if there is still some level of interest. Does anyone know him/her?

Blackfoot
August 10th, 2012, 04:54
I'm pretty sure that kozzom was on the list first.. but I really am not sure.

Macgreine
August 11th, 2012, 02:13
Hey everyone I have updated the list for tomorrow nights game. Really looking forward to it. We will use the groups Teamspeak if that's okay. I will try and have the server up 30 mins early.

Server: able xorn idle wand

Sat, Aug 11th 09:00 PM EDT
PLAYING:
Slots:
1-Killian
2-Willot
3-Blackfoot
4-avro5731
5-Mazz0382
6. Kozzom

Hope to see everyone tomorrow. Mac

Killian
August 11th, 2012, 17:47
Hey guys I'm looking forward to the game think I'm all ready with character and so on.

Quick update I have to make an appearance at a house party tonight. The game starts 2AM my time and I highly doubt party's going to go on that long. However I probably will only be logging on 15- 20 minutes before game time. If Macgriene needs anything from me please let me know I can jump on a server or email anything extra as I don't want to delay the start. I don't expect to be late but if I am it will only be by 5-10 minutes. Any longer then that and events out of my control have occured and feel free to give up my slot.

See you tonight!

Macgreine
August 12th, 2012, 01:45
Hey guys I just got home from work and the powers out in my neighborhood. My neighbors said we had a big storm here today. I will try and start the game but it may be later.

Willot
August 12th, 2012, 01:50
I guess post here when ready maybe post on calender too

Killian
August 12th, 2012, 02:42
if we don't get something going in the next 15 minutes shall we reschedule again?

Blackfoot
August 12th, 2012, 02:44
Most of us are sorta hanging out on Teamspeak waiting to see what happens currently.

Killian
August 12th, 2012, 02:44
i must be on a different channel as i don't see you guys

Blackfoot
August 13th, 2012, 20:06
Mac, are you planning a reschedule date for this one? Did you ever get your power back?

avro5731
August 14th, 2012, 00:26
forgot he lost power... hope all is well.

Blackfoot
August 25th, 2012, 14:46
Mac... are you planning to reschedule this one? :)

lachancery
August 25th, 2012, 16:07
I'd like to add myself on the waiting list if this game gets rescheduled.