PDA

View Full Version : weird interactions between FG and kbd/Chrome

gmkieran
August 1st, 2012, 03:56
Encountered some odd behavior this evening while testing scenarios for another issue. Twice when I had both FG and Chrome (v20.0.1132.57) running, my keyboard would begin producing mis-mapped and foreign language font characters in Chrome (specifically, here on the FG forums). On one occasion the dash/underscore key produced ) while holding shift and hitting 0 produced only 0's; a & q also switched places and c & g would only produce versions of themselves with various linguistic marks. On another occasion ; and , switched places. In both instances I had to close both FG and Chrome to get the behavior to stop.

No idea if it makes a difference, but I checked my language settings and when the error occurred my region was set to English(Ireland) and my location was Luxembourg (no idea why, I haven't touched the settings since I last re-formatted) - I changed both to English(United States), but haven't re-tested for the issue. Any reason FG could/would interfere with the keyboard?

Cheers!
GMK

Dakadin
August 1st, 2012, 04:01
I run FG and Chrome together a lot and I haven't noticed any issues. I am set to English(United States) though.

Moon Wizard
August 7th, 2012, 08:10
FG does not install any system-wide hooks. FG only responds to OS events sent directly to the FG process.

I'm not sure if Chrome hooks into anything at the system level.

Regards,
JPG