PDA

View Full Version : 3.5e / Pathfinder: Wood Theme Port

bnason
July 31st, 2012, 03:40
Hi all,

I adapted the excellent 4e Wood theme by John Gregory for use with 3.5e / Pathfinder, along with some customized Sidebar images as well to fit the "Pathfinder" feel.

Really just a slight tweak / port of the 4e theme to the 3.5e ruleset. Enjoy - let me know if there are any specific issues.

Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6tq2q3g1h0s3ur/Wood.ext

gmkieran
July 31st, 2012, 14:32
Thanks, bnason! I did a quick-and-dirty version recently, but this one is much better. Appreciate your sharing!

Cheers!
GMK

Trenloe
August 19th, 2012, 04:28
Hey bnason,

Great work here. :)

However, could you please tidy up the announce.lua script - there is some stuff from the languages extension in there and it breaks the languages extension. Just use the following code for the whole of the announce.lua file:

-- Initialization
function onInit()
-- send launch message
local msg = {sender = "", font = "emotefont"};
msg.text = "This theme extension uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing. Please view the Paizo OGL and Community Use Statement in Wood.ext for more information. Theme originally developed for 4.E by John Gregory; adapted for 3.5E by Ben Nason.";
ChatManager.registerLaunchMessage(msg);
end
That should do it! Thanks very much.

bnason
August 19th, 2012, 15:51
Fixed, link updated in the OP. Thanks for the catch Trenloe - as you can see, I pretty much blatantly (shamelessly) stole your code for that, and hacked everything together. Appreciate the courtesy of not calling me out! :P

Trenloe
August 19th, 2012, 16:21
Fixed, link updated in the OP. Thanks for the catch Trenloe - as you can see, I pretty much blatantly (shamelessly) stole your code for that, and hacked everything together. Appreciate the courtesy of not calling me out! :P
No worries - I blatantly "stole" that code from DrZeuss! :D It's good to reuse code...

JohnD
August 19th, 2012, 21:49
Very nice... I'm going to switch to this for my 3.5e game.

Tiqon
August 20th, 2012, 05:21
Hi bnason

*** UPDATED****: I just noticed the file size I got was way lower that what It said in your dropbox folder. That was the problem. DL'ed again with a better looking size ;), and it works now.

I can't unpack the zip fil. I tried to rename it to .ext as I read somewhere thats how modules work (as rar). That was not it either.

I use 7zip but have never had problems with that before.

Any ideas?

best regards

Tiq

wbcreighton
August 22nd, 2012, 19:44
Hi bnason

*** UPDATED****: I just noticed the file size I got was way lower that what It said in your dropbox folder. That was the problem. DL'ed again with a better looking size ;), and it works now.

I can't unpack the zip fil. I tried to rename it to .ext as I read somewhere thats how modules work (as rar). That was not it either.

I use 7zip but have never had problems with that before.
Any ideas?
Tiq

Were you able to use it ? I DL it and put it in my Extensions folder, then changed the file name extension from zip to ext. That will make it accessible, or were you just trying to unzip it to look at it ?

bnason
August 22nd, 2012, 20:22
Huh, not sure why that would happen - I just zipped up the extension using 7zip.

Anyway - I just edited the OP to link to the .EXT file via DropBox instead. The EXT is just a zip anyway - so maybe having a zip in a zip was causing havoc :)

Tiqon
August 22nd, 2012, 20:24
First time i DL'ed it, the file size was way off. Like 10 kb or so. I didnt notice at first until I couldnt unpack it or use it renamed with .ext.

So I DL'ed it again and this time it was way bigger... I just unpacked it, its a .ext file in the zip fil. I just added the file to my extension folder and it works fine :). And its mighty nice I might add, I use that all the time now ;).