PDA

View Full Version : Contribute your ideas for the RMC ruleset

bennis1980
July 30th, 2012, 12:34
Dakadin has set up a page on Idea Informer for GMs/players to contribute and vote on ideas for the Rolemaster ruleset. It's just like moon_wizard's for Fantasy Grounds in general.

I think with the work that people such as Dakadin, lachancery and ddavison (to name a few) have put into the ruleset, which has GREATLY added to our Rolemaster experience, I think it fair to show our support and gratitude by giving our feedback and ideas.

The site is here:
https://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/proj/

Lets help make the Rolemaster ruleset the best on FG!!! :D

Dakadin
July 30th, 2012, 18:36
I've gone through my list and added some of the items that might interest people. I have more on my list but didn't want to add too much at this point.

JohnD
July 30th, 2012, 18:42
Am I the only one that would like exhaustion points to be handled automatically?

Dakadin
July 30th, 2012, 18:50
Nope. It is on my list but I have over 50 things on my list so I stopped around 20. Add it. So it can be voted on. :)

Dakadin
July 31st, 2012, 19:14
I just wanted to say thanks for adding your ideas and voting on them. It gives me a much better idea of what people are interested which will help me prioritize things better. :)

bennis1980
July 31st, 2012, 20:05
Thanks for making things better :D

craggles
July 31st, 2012, 20:37
I just wanted to say thanks for adding your ideas and voting on them. It gives me a much better idea of what people are interested which will help me prioritize things better. :)

No, thank YOU for all your hard work and actively improving things!! :ninja:

bennis1980
August 5th, 2012, 23:56
I see the Idea Informer lets us see what you are currently working on, Dakadin.

In this case, we have:

Change Structure for Better Expansion (in process)
This will make it easier to add additional races, professions, spells, attack and critical tables.

It's nice to know (so we can all get excited)

Dakadin
August 6th, 2012, 00:19
Good point. I might have to add a couple things that I've been working on that I haven't put in the Idea Informer. ;)

craggles
August 10th, 2012, 11:48
I've added 2 more ideas on Skill allocation:

1. A New Column in Skills for Current Level's Development so there's no confusion when you're rearranging.
Once you're happy with the choices, you can click 'apply' and they're applied to the total ranks and this column is cleared ready for next level's development.

2. Running total of how many DPs you've used while deciding current level's skill allocation
This, in addition to a separate column in the skills sheet, would make skill allocation a snap and less of a headache - trying to keep a mental note of how many you've spent as well as where you've already put them especially when you've realised you've run out and need to take away a few you've used in the second rank that level to the skill!

:D

Dakadin
August 10th, 2012, 16:37
Good timing! I started working on character sheet changes yesterday. :)

lachancery
August 10th, 2012, 17:40
Good timing! I started working on character sheet changes yesterday. :)
I've add more thoughts & ideas over the level up design I sent you last month. I haven't had time to put it down into an email; let me know if you'd like to hear it and we could get on a Skype call to run through it.

Dakadin
August 10th, 2012, 17:54
I've add more thoughts & ideas over the level up design I sent you last month. I haven't had time to put it down into an email; let me know if you'd like to hear it and we could get on a Skype call to run through it.

Sure. Let see if we can get together to talk about it soon. I have Skype open most of the time now so you should be able to track me down.

craggles
August 10th, 2012, 17:54
Excellent! :)

I always end up with not enough DP's to spend so I have to start moving those skills I added the second rank to other skill's initial ranks. Loosing your place half way through is not an option! :)

I currently add my ranks initially to one of the other unused columns until I've used them all (and not gone over) and use yet another column to write a running total of each group's new ranks - that way I only need to re-count the totals a group at a time instead of counting them all en-mass.

Once I'm happy, I apply the ranks to the total ranks column and delete the contents of the empty column I used and also the running totals.

It keeps everything separate and easy to rearrange until I'm happy I've finished. :)

I don't know what I'd do if all of the current columns are in use by one skill or another. But the current game I'm in is progressing slowly so I don't think we're going to be levelling up anytime soon. :P

What are your thoughts on the new rules - are there going to be more back-end changes you'd need to make on top of what you were already planning to do in order to get out the new rule-set or haven't you gone through them all yet? (I'm not asking for specifics - otherwise I wouldn't be asking here). ;)

Dakadin
August 11th, 2012, 05:04
There shouldn't be too much beyond what I am currently working on to support different ICE game systems. I ran Space Master during FG Con so I could test out a couple theories and to give me a better idea of what is involved in doing other Rolemaster related games. There will be rule specific and character sheet changes required but that is to be expected.

I am also reorganizing to all better handling of add-ons for the RMC ruleset like professions, races, spell lists, etc. and to speed up the process of being able to add 3.5E/4E features as they are added.

It's a tedious process but I've already seen the benefits. I was able to add the calendar functionality pretty quickly. I also did some tests by adding sample Rolemaster Companion 1 information.