PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds Campaign - Homebrew Setting of Anova Rynn (1900's High Fantasy)

Zetesofos
July 27th, 2012, 20:40
So, I've been trying to get this campaign off the ground, and having bought FGII for awhile, it's been a pain trying to get my original friends to play. So, in an effort to make some new friends, and motivate myself to do more than the mechanics of my story, I'm opening up my campaign to the public.

Below is my campaign pitch, along with some basic info about the world, and what will be needed. I imagine most people already have FGII, so that part can be skipped.

I currently live in Eastern Standard Time (EST), and am shooting to run a game once a week for the month of August on either Saturdays from 7pm to 11 EST or Sundays between 12:00 pm EST to 6:00 pm EST pm. Please note that is the MAX window I have available atm.

If all goes well, I will be turning down frequency too once every 2 weeks after August till about Dec (currently a Master's student).

If your interested, please drop me a PM; if you have any questions, please post them in the THREAD. Thank you very much.

Campaign Pitch: A High Fantasy Noir story rife with political turmoil and hidden power set during an Industrial Revolution between Technology and Magic.

Make sure everyone can properly download fantasy grounds, and connect to server.

establish proper communication via VOIP and text via program. ( https://www.downloadc3.com/)

Go over basic system rules

Summarize setting (see attached primer) and cover immediate questions

Run a prologue, and experience several types of combat/skill scenarios

Finally, construct characters for play.

What I'll need from you guys, if you are interested in playing, are just a couple things.

An E-mail Address
A brief response detailing availability times during the week, and how often you would want to play during the month.

Playstyle and gametype preferences: i.e - give a list, or ranking of what types of gameplay you most enjoy/which ones you do not

Examples include (Exploration and world discovery; Mystery and Noir; Hack, slash, loot; World-driven plot vs. Character driven-plot, etc).

Any pictures you want for your characters for the client/ or any cool ones I can use for NPC's

A little patience - This will be the first time running a campaign like this from a system, so I ask that you all approach it with, for the time being, low expectations, and help to make it better.

Installing
Go to https://www.fantasygrounds.com/downloads/ and select download now: all licences to begin installing the base program.

Anova Rynn

Anova Rynn is the name of my Fantasy world, and below is a copy of the rough primer I made to give a quick introduction. Ideally, it should spur more questions than answers, which is intended. Feel free to email me anytime if you have questions about things characters can/cannot know, how things work, questions on rules, etc - I'm still working on building databases, and it helps to know what players need most, and for me to focus on those first.

Thanks very much,

Ben "Zetesofos"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anova Rynn Primer

Setting Overview
Anova Rynn exist as one of several continents, bound together by a set of universal principles of magic and identity. Rynn, as it is more commonly known, is one of the few first words translated from the Elveri, also known as the architects, which served as the first known race that dominated much of the known planet, and first masters of magic.
However, beyond a few important artifacts, much of their past has been lost in various cataclysms through the passage of time.

History
Over the years. Many factions and empires have risen and fallen in pursuit of power, knowledge, and virtue. From the first legends of the Dragolith and the Arkoshian Empire, to the tribes of Silvermaw Horde and Azmanian Imperium, war and strife have been unfortunately ever present in the land of Rynn. In addition, through the centuries, there has been an ever increasing variety of cultures, beliefs, and ideals among the populations, resulting in more exotic alliances, and more destructive competition.

Magic & Technology
For most of recorded history, magic has reigned supreme as a force of tranquility and destruction to the naive, and as a tool of power for the enlightened. The Elveri were the first known civilization to master this force for altruistic purposes, creating the Meridian Gates, a powerful network of conduits that allow the mortal world to access the Meridian Coil on a scale that has since never been matched. The Coil is at best, understood as the proto-reality that exists beyond all known space and time, and serves as the reservoir of power than can manipulate the known world.

Recently, though, the rule of magic has been challenged. New advances in a different kind of technology are uprooting old ways of understanding, and creating new rifts between the magic elite, and the masses. Traditionally, the luxuries afforded to select populations are being re-created on scales unforseen, for minimal cost, and especially a lower barrier of understanding. Developments in war, health, and transportation seek to draw schisms between the old and new guard of progress and understanding.

Society and Skiens
Since the beginning, there have been ever increasing forms of life and civilization. It is suspected that the Meridian Coil forms not just the basis for reality, but for conscious thought as well. This is postulated due to the observance of a soul-skien within most all life. In general, the soul-skein is a code, a pattern, a blueprint for each species, and serves as an anchor to the Coil. It is represented most simply as trademark signal, observable as a magic aura, though it is not rare to see more physical manifestations of a skien as well. The Elveri are have said to have decoded five basic patterns of soul-skiens, each with wholly unique qualities. These are the skiens of Soul-skiens vary in their access to the meridian, some granting various magic prowess, while others are simply passive reflections of countless forms of the coil.

Geography and Politics
The continent of Anova Rynn is composed of several generally respected regions, each with dominant civilizations and cultures, as well is vested political interests and other powerful factions. The most general denominations of these areas are as follows: the marshlands of Dragova, home to the Federated Monarchy, a hybrid government of a hierarchical monarch and a republic - which rules over feudal states of lords. Northeast lies the free communes of Fortuna’s Vale, a separate group of communities, whose only link to one another is membership within the Merchant Line, an organization of traders and travellers. North of the vale lies The Morass, an untamed wilderness home to rogue tribes and warbands; of these, the most dominant and pervasive being the Horde of Silvermaw. North still lies the ruined wastes of Delanaar, which lies as both the ruined origins of the Elveri, and the Arkosian Empire. Now inhabited by little more than isolated tribes, it is constantly explored by treasure hunters, and knowledge seekers.

West lies Havenwyn, a stark contrast of prairie and jungle, with two forces, the Azmanian Imperium and the Eldris Tribes are locked in perpetual war. North lies the Emerald Vault, and the Aurorian Steepes, a stark land populated by several city states under a banner of free peoples, refugees, and revolutionaries. North still lies the frozen wastes commonly known as the Rifts. Among more isolated tribes that exist, lie the spiritual homeland of the Illokai, nomadic travellers ever present throughout Rynn. The Elders still remain, along with divisive sects, and serves as a point of return for annual migration of a mysterious society. Finally, to the East of these lands like the Archipelago, and the Crater which stands as a mystic signal to the power of magic, and perhaps the most ominous artifact left by the Elveri.