PDA

View Full Version : PF Quest Ambush under Absalom

Mgrancey
July 27th, 2012, 05:51
Newly released this is a short adventure probably running only 2 hours at worst. For character levels 1 to 5, there is no XP, but I am inquiring about Prestige, which will be at best 1 from what I can tell.

Calendar is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=859) for signing up, I am perfectly willing to run multiple times and plan to share the module when finished, so if you have played once before and there is a waiting list please allow others to play before playing again.

There are two boon rewards, which you will need to select one of:

Kobold Killer Anytime you face a kobold in the future, you may designate one such creature as a free action. You gain a +1 bonus on attack and damage rolls against that single target for the duration of the combat. When you have used this boon, cross it off the Chronicle sheet. This ability does not stack with multiple instances of itself.

Sewer Sense Your time spent in Absalom’s sewers has given you an innate familiarity with the complex network of tunnels and underground streams. You gain a single-use +5 bonus on any Knowledge (local) or Survival check to learn about or navigate the sewers under the City at the Center of the World, applied before the roll is made. When you have used this boon, cross it off the Chronicle sheet.

So please know which you would like before hand.

I have an Ultimate license, so if you are new to FGII or Pathfinder Society, please let me know before hand so I can explain and clarify anything you are confused or have questions about.

Trenloe
July 27th, 2012, 05:59
there is no XP, but I am inquiring about Prestige, which will be at best 1 from what I can tell.
There is no XP and no prestige/fame. This is a short (and fun) interlude with the reward being a boon if played as a Pathfinder Society "Quest".

Mgrancey
July 27th, 2012, 06:32
That's what I thought, but they usually mark the chronicle sheet with "0"s in that case and the chronicle sheet was blank on the prestige spot, so figured it was possible to earn 1, but there weren't any Success conditions like usual either, so figured either yes or mistake.

kinevon
July 27th, 2012, 07:18
They had a tendency to leave that space blank at the time this quest was released. It was published in Kobold Quarterly #17. Not what I would really call "newly released", since my watermark for it shows May 8, 2011...

deepdweller
July 28th, 2012, 00:28
Just to let you know, I am new to FGII (this will be my first time using it, and looking forward to it). I have a full license. I am very familiar with the pathfinder rule set, but only a little familiar with pathfinder society organized play (have played several sessions). If my being unfamiliar with FGII is a problem please let me know. Thanks.

OrenSatov
July 28th, 2012, 00:51
In general, noobs are very welcome in PFS events. A quickie like this should be an even better than usual chance to get used to FG. I don't forsee it being an issue for anyone.

Mgrancey
July 28th, 2012, 02:38
Its not a problem being new to PFS or FGII, I've just been surprised by a couple of people about that when I wasn't expecting it. Oren is right with this being a quick little adventure there is less pressure to get done on a tight time schedule like the normal scenarios.

Mgrancey
July 28th, 2012, 02:51
Fantasy Grounds is up:

soft hook epic gate

Mgrancey
July 30th, 2012, 01:04
FG is up for Sunday

Blackfoot
August 13th, 2012, 19:52
Are you still planning on running this tomorrow night?

Mgrancey
August 13th, 2012, 21:19
If enough people sign up, but right now you are the only one signed up.

Blackfoot
August 13th, 2012, 22:42
It looks like there a bunch of folks signed up... they just didn't click the time... if they are leftovers from your last run... maybe you should either create a new calendar entry or delete the former players?

Mgrancey
August 13th, 2012, 23:46
Actually, I did delete a bunch of the old people who had previously played.

Blackfoot
August 14th, 2012, 16:58
So I'm guessing this is a no go for tonight. Are you willing to run it another time?

Mgrancey
August 14th, 2012, 17:10
It looks that way but I will have FG up and running before 7 to see if people simply aren't signing up but will show up and give it to about 1/4 after for stragglers to show up.

But yeah, I have it setup in FG so if you can get at least 2 others ready I'll run it if you can all play at a time I can run. Doesn't take long only 1 to 2 hours depending on how its approached.

doombunny
August 15th, 2012, 19:58
Hey, just checking to see when this might be available again? I was signed up but I wasn't able to play until Aug. 19th. Just keeping this in my peripherals in case something comes together. Thanks!

Mgrancey
August 15th, 2012, 22:26
I will offer it again in the future, as its a quick, easy fun session, but I'm probably going to let it sit a couple of weeks before offering it again.

OrenSatov
October 31st, 2012, 16:10
Has anyone received a chronicle for these sessions?

Blackfoot
November 1st, 2012, 05:30
This is not a PFS scenario.. there is no chronicle.

Trenloe
November 1st, 2012, 08:40
This is not a PFS scenario.. there is no chronicle.
There's no chronicle in terms of getting experience and gold, but there is a chronicle sheet that give a couple of boons.