PDA

View Full Version : Module Export Issue (probably User error)

Vishera
July 27th, 2012, 05:17
Okay so I have a bunch of NPCs ive added to my campaign. I want to export them as a book or "module" in their own to make my own sort of bestiary.

I typed /export and the window popped up.
Filled out a name "Bestiary"
Filled out a filename "Campaign_Bestiary"
Added filepath to thumbnail "/Users/Tassadar/Library/Application Support/Wine/prefixes/FantasyGrounds/drive_c/users/Tassadar/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II/campaigns/Terrene/moduledb/thumbnail.png
Clicked on "Personalities"
Right-clicked and hit export..

Then I restarted FG, opened the library window and it listed my Module, but the thumbnail didnt show. also when I opened the book icon, it didnt add it to my list of modules on the left colum.

what am I doing wrong here?:confused:

thanks@

Griogre
July 27th, 2012, 06:06
The file path starts at Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II so you icon path s/b: campaigns/Terrene/moduledb/thumbnail.png presuming you keep the icon there. Personally I keep all my module icons in a folder called icons I made in the FG data app folder, so I don't have to type in a long path name. :p

First you should know that using the /export command to export isn't exactly the same as building a library module by hand or with a parser. Your NPCs should have shown up on the NPC personality list, but they would not be in a library book like the other library modules unless you selected Index and Host. You also need to add in the index group probably something like NPC or the name of the group where all your other monsters are kept, IE 4E Core. If you do this you will then get the the NPCs like they are in a library but you will *also* get them on your NPC list.

I just tried this and it worked but I had to exit FG and come back in before I could see my NPC module in the Module activation list.

Vishera
July 27th, 2012, 06:16
sooo basically there is no better way than to sit here and manually type away at the XML code to create my own module for this case..

Trenloe
July 27th, 2012, 06:17
sooo basically there is no better way than to sit here and manually type away at the XML code to create my own module for this case..
What ruleset are you using?

Vishera
July 27th, 2012, 06:23
Pathfinder

Trenloe
July 27th, 2012, 06:26
Pathfinder
Use the creature parser - this will create a library module for you. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15475

You need to have all of the creatures in a single text file - in the Paizo statblock format, and then load the text file into the creature parser - I know you've already taken the time to put them into FG. This is usually just a case of copy/paste out of a PDF into a text file - there may be some minor formatting to ensure the copy/paste is correct and to add any of the key statblock headings. Details in the thread (read the "gotchas" in post #1). It usually takes me about 5 minutes to copy/paste all of the creatures from a Paizo PDF and create a library module using the parser.

Vishera
July 27th, 2012, 06:31
awesome... I cant get it to run in wine though, is it XP compatible? I think I have XP on a netbook somewhere..

Trenloe
July 27th, 2012, 06:37
awesome... I cant get it to run in wine though, is it XP compatible? I think I have XP on a netbook somewhere..
I haven't tried it on XP. It's written in .NET so you may need to download the .NET client libraries - the installation should check for this.

Vishera
July 27th, 2012, 06:41
I wish I could run it in wine :( I am not a fan of VM's either.. Ill try it on xp tomorrow when I get home from work. thanks again!

Griogre
July 27th, 2012, 06:43
The parser is probably the easiest normally, however if you already have the NPCs in as a index module its pretty trivial to convert the index module to a straight library module if you don't mind editing the XML of the module.

You'd just unzip your Campaign_Bestiary.mod file and modify the db.xml file.

You just need to change the <npc> </npc> elements to something else like npcMine and then mass change the recordnames in the library list from npc.id to npcMine.id and you should be good. That will pull the NPCS out of the NPC list and just leave them in as linked to the library links of the module.