PDA

View Full Version : New player, missed the con, looking for a game

Sir Bobbin
July 25th, 2012, 15:01
Hey all :)

I managed to sign up here just after the con finished, and I'm looking for a game to join. I haven't really played any DnD or anything like it (except some of the computer adaptations), and have no experience with FG yet. I'd prefer to find some one off games to find my feet with everything, but if people are willing to put up with my inexperience in an ongoing game that'd be cool too.

If any DM/group is willing to teach me the ropes that'd be amazing. I'm in Australia, GMT+10, and willing to play anytime (within normal day hours) on the weekends.

someoneinatree
July 26th, 2012, 06:53
Hey Sir Bobbin - I am also in Aus.

I'm not running a game at the moment so can't help you there, but can probably at least host a connection sometime so you can learn the ropes of FG / 4e DnD if that's what you're interested in. Let me know via PM if you'd be interested in that at least. You will need a Lite license however, as I don't have the Ultimate license myself.

Sir Bobbin
July 26th, 2012, 09:59
I was hoping to have a bit of a go before actually buying anything, but if it goes to long without something popping up I'll probably end up buying a lite license to give me more options.

As for the type of game, I don't really have any experience, but DnD (any edition) or pathfinders seem to be the sort of thing that I'd like.

Skellan
July 26th, 2012, 20:49
I will be running a wfrp 3rd edition introductory scenario next week at some point if you are interested

Sir Bobbin
July 27th, 2012, 02:57
Skellan, that'd be awesome.

One possible problem could be timing though, as I said above I'm in Australia (GMT+10) which has ruled me out of a lot of events I've seen on the calender. What sort of time were you thinking of running the scenario?

damned
July 27th, 2012, 09:31
Sir Bobbin - Im running an AD&D fantasy game at 930pm every second saturday. Game usually runs to 130am. Im based in Sydney.

Skellan
July 27th, 2012, 17:25
Some of the people in the group I am in are based in australia, plus I am a nightowl so I may be able to run this at a good time for you. This will only be a one off thing to start off with anyway. I will contact you to see if you are available when i run it

Sir Bobbin
July 28th, 2012, 04:26
Skellan, awesome, let me know and hopefully I can make it.

Damned, that sounds cool. Could you post the details, or PM me. Just a reminder, I'm fairly new to DnD, and completely new to FG, so it might take me a little bit to get up to speed.

damned
July 28th, 2012, 04:51
Sir Bobbin - game can be found here - I havent updated notes there for a while but game is running every other week. Bext game is 930pm (AEST) Saturday 4th August. To play send me your email address and you would need to join up 30mins early first session for an intro to FG session.
Im looking for players who can play regularly - real life happens and no one can make every session but I want players who will play most sessions. If it turns out the game is not for you thats fine - just communicate :)
Game is based in a large fantasy city and is a good mix of role playing, investigative work, bluff and of course combat :) Politics, crime, ethnic tension, greed and duplicity - will the players be rememberred as heroes or traitors?