PDA

View Full Version : Any more games?

Bloodlust
July 25th, 2012, 14:55
Very quiet after the con - which was great thanks to all DMs :)

Trenloe
July 29th, 2012, 07:42
Very quiet after the con - which was great thanks to all DMs :)
Not that many, I'm afraid. I'm running one on Tuesday - but that won't work timewise for you. Mgrancey ran a couple of PF Quests over the weekend. But, I'm not seeing anything else scheduled.

Come on GMs - lets get at least one or two more games scheduled! :)

Blackfoot
July 29th, 2012, 17:48
I'll be scheduling something... but probably not for another week or 2.

Gwaihir Scout
July 29th, 2012, 19:30
I'm going to buy a couple scenarios, just trying to figure out which ones right now.

Macgreine
July 29th, 2012, 20:51
I have 2 ready to go but am still shaky about the mechanics of running one in FG2. At this point I don't think I know the VTT well enough.

Mazz0382
August 2nd, 2012, 01:36
We believe in you. If you post it, they will come. :pirate:

Bloodlust
August 2nd, 2012, 02:58
Yeah, give it a go :)

Bloodlust
August 4th, 2012, 14:33
I have 2 ready to go but am still shaky about the mechanics of running one in FG2. At this point I don't think I know the VTT well enough.

Which two are you looking at? I'm very keen to play :)

Trenloe
August 4th, 2012, 17:02
Which two are you looking at? I'm very keen to play :)
One would be Shades of Ice Part 1 - as announced in post #9 of the game announcement thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=129312

However, this game is full and also may be delayed, so you've probably missed out on this one. :(

If you haven't already, I'd recommend you subscribe to the game announcement thread and also make sure that your profile email is correct and your "Default Thread Subscription Mode" option is set to give either instant or daily email notifications. This will let you get email updates when someone posts a game announcement and allow you to claim a spot if you're interested.

Bloodlust
August 4th, 2012, 17:17
Yes I saw it but I've already played it. Was hoping another one was coming.

Blahness98
August 6th, 2012, 17:49

I was the same way, but I just said screw it and jumped in and started DMing a Pathfinderized Dragonlance game. Two sessions so far in the books and from what I have been hearing, the response has been positive. Just make sure to state that this is your first real time DMing a game, and players (at least mine are) usually understanding.

Otherwise, run test sessions locally. That is how I learned the basics of the combat tracker, targeting and using the UI in general. I also asked questions on the forum and in the IRC channel. This is a great community to learn from.

Mgrancey
August 6th, 2012, 19:44
Picking up a bunch of stuff this friday, when I get paid before the sale ends. Was holding off, Plan to do Rise of Goblinguild first. then some other ones after that. Goblinguild will be run in say 2 weeks or so. Takes about a week with everything else to adapt to FG.

Trenloe
August 6th, 2012, 20:12
Picking up a bunch of stuff this friday, when I get paid before the sale ends. Was holding off, Plan to do Rise of Goblinguild first. then some other ones after that. Goblinguild will be run in say 2 weeks or so. Takes about a week with everything else to adapt to FG.
Sound good - I'd be interested in Goblin Guild. Just remember you can't buy it until August 16th (when it is released).

Averix
August 6th, 2012, 20:25
Would anyone like to run the 1st Part Series?

Mazz0382
August 6th, 2012, 22:37

I'd join. :ninja:

Blackfoot
August 7th, 2012, 00:12
1st Part Series?
Whatever it is.. I'm usually up for a game if the timing is right.

Oh wait.. you are looking for someone to run First Steps? I can do it if there's enough interest.

Trenloe
August 7th, 2012, 04:43
Games since the FGCon has been quite light, with only Mgrancey, Blackfoot and Macgreine stepping up to run, or promise to run PFS games.

All it takes is for us to have 8 GMs to run at least 1 game each month to give us 2 or more games a week. If we spread the load around it will be good for all of us.

Reasons to be a GM:

The community here is great. Even if you've never GM'd a game in Fantasy Grounds before there are plenty of people around willing to help you out.
You get a GM chronicle when you run a PFS adventure* - this can be applied against one of your PFS characters as if you had played that character in the game. Your characters can level faster, or you can have more than 1 or 2 first level PCs in your PFS stable. *You only get a GM chronicle the first time you run an adventure - unless it is one of the scenarios/modules that has special rules.
GM "star" credit. The more games you run, the more stars you will get against your name on the Paizo PFS site and forums.
It's fun - and it will help spread the GMing load and hopefully bring more players/prospective GMs into the mix.
Most low tier games will fill up quickly - so you should never be short of players wanting to play your games.
The more games we run, we will get higher level characters and we can play some games at higher tiers (where the real fun starts).

So, if you think you can help out as a GM, please post here or PM me and we can help getting you organised to a point where you're ready to go!

Thanks very much!