PDA

View Full Version : Test - Failed

Draygor
July 23rd, 2012, 23:21
Hi guys, newbie here!

I've paid for a full licence and am very eager to learn how to use this software - and I have a few friends lined up to play the game with me. When I downloaded the unregistered version and pressed the test button, it PASSED, but now all I get is FAILED. I have followed the suggested solutions in the user guide section, but nothing seems to work. I have opened 1802 in my router, and even tried switching off my firewall for a period to try to connect, but nothing.

I appreciate there may be other threads on here that have already answered this question, and if someone could point me there I will go check. If not is there anyone who could please help me, as I have exhausted my very little tech knowledge.

Thanks

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2012, 23:24
If it has worked before, but fails now it sounds like your computer running Fantasy Grounds has a different IP address from when you setup port forwarding for port 1802 in your router.

Check your computer's IP address and the port forwarding IP address in your router and make sure they are the same.

One recommendation is to not manually set port forwarding on your router but enable UPnP on the router - this will allow Fantasy Grounds to automatically setup the port forwarding for you. If you go this route, remove any manual port forwarding you may have previously setup.

Draygor
July 24th, 2012, 00:09
Hi Trenloe, thanks for the reply, I have now removed all manual port settings and have checked that UPnP is enabled as is extended (?) UPnP. I am still however still getting a test Failure - I really don't know what to do now.

Trenloe
July 24th, 2012, 07:21
Your router may display the UPnP port forwarding rules in place (some do, some don't).

To check: Start Fantasy Grounds and open a campaign as a GM - Fantasy Grounds will try to setup UPnP. Then check in your router UPnP section if it gives a list of currently active UPnP port forwarding. If it does, check what the IP address is being used for port 1802. Check that this is a valid IP address for your FG computer. If it isn't then do the check mentioned below.

Even if you can't see UPnP in your router, check to see if you have multiple network connections active on your FG computer - such as a network cable and wireless at the same time, or something like a work VPN connection. Disable all connections except the active connection to your router and try the test again.

Draygor
July 24th, 2012, 23:20
Hi Trenloe, thanks for the reply.
It worked, I now have a SUCCESS for the test, much appreciated!!

Trenloe
July 24th, 2012, 23:22
Hi Trenloe, thanks for the reply.
It worked, I now have a SUCCESS for the test, much appreciated!!
Hurray! :)

Good to hear.