PDA

View Full Version : Notes/special ability descriptions not saving

Ksathra
July 23rd, 2012, 20:43
Hi. So when I connect to my GM (who is using an Ultimate License) and modify my server D&D 3.5 Character sheet. the Changes get Saved. But when I click on the Red box beside a feat or Special ability and the info box pops up, when I log out and back in the info wont be there anymore. Same thing goes for creating notes. I can create new notes and give them names but the info I enter wont save when I log out and back in, Even if I do the /save.

I've tried reinstalling FG, unninstalling and reinstalling, changing the location of installation, Making a new character and testing that with the same result. the GM tested modifying my sheet for me and the changes stayed. So it appears to only be from my side. Other players dont have the same problem.

Ksathra
July 23rd, 2012, 21:46
Nevermind it broken again it seems.

Has someone found a solution to this?

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2012, 20:38
I have not seen this in my game, or heard it reported at all by others.

Here are some questions to help me narrow the issue:
* Which ruleset are you using? (i.e. game system)
* Are you editing your character when connecting to the GM session, or using the Manage Characters feature?
* Can you provide me with step-by-step instructions on how you are editing?
(i.e. open char sheet, go to abilities tab, ...)

Thanks,
JPG

Ksathra
July 26th, 2012, 20:44
Sure.
its 3.5 D&d character sheet
I'm modifying the server character thus I'm online not in the offline Chargen.
Connect to GM / open character sheet / Click on the Abilities Tab / Create New feat / Name it Test / click on the red box next to the feats name / enter information into the pop up / close pop up / type /save in chat box / disconnect from GM server / Reconnect / Notice feat named Test is still there / Click on red box next to feats name / Information entered in Pop up is gone.

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2012, 20:57
I just released v2.9.1. Please try again with that release.

The only way I could recreate in the new release was to type in some text, then without taking any other actions within FG, close FG with the upper right Windows button to close the application. (i.e. force close FG without changing or closing windows within FG.)

With the new release, I added some code that allowed changes to propagate more often when changing between windows or closing windows that have the keyboard focus. My guess is that the text was not being updated to the GM machine for some reason. Also, the save command only forces a save of the local copy. (i.e. viewed via Manage Characters).

If that does not fix, I may need to get a copy of the campaign db.xml file to check it out further.

Thanks,
JPG

Ksathra
July 26th, 2012, 21:00
Thanks. I'll try once I get home.

Ksathra
July 27th, 2012, 07:04
alright. I just connected to the GM's Server and Put something in and closed using Right click and return to launcher, reconnected and the information inside the red box pop up for the special ability/feat I make is gone.

gaara6666
July 28th, 2012, 03:53
it just happened to me too. i had it entered in and i came back to absolutely nothing in them.

Ksathra
July 31st, 2012, 22:16
Still having Problems with this. Has anyone had the same issue? or know how to fix it?

Trenloe
July 31st, 2012, 22:26
Still having Problems with this. Has anyone had the same issue? or know how to fix it?
Have all players and the GM upgraded to V2.9.1?

Ksathra
July 31st, 2012, 22:29
Both the GM and I have.
He is using Ultimate license and I'm using a Full to connect to him. The other players don't have keys so they are using his Ultimate to connect... Perhaps that's the problem?
incapability of Full and Ultimate... maybe I should just use a trial account to connect to his ultimate and see if that fixes it.

Moon Wizard
August 7th, 2012, 08:08
Life (main job and family) has been crazy for me the last few weeks. It's on my short list to fix.

JPG

Ksathra
August 7th, 2012, 08:38
Oh ok. So its a known problem and not just our GM than? Good to know what the problem is and its not just me being incompetent :P

Moon Wizard
August 8th, 2012, 23:39
I just posted a test version of v2.9.2 which I think takes care of the issue. If you get a minute, can you update to the Test version using the Settings, and give it a try?

Thanks,
JPG