PDA

View Full Version : Ideas and Suggestions.

Blackfoot
July 23rd, 2012, 16:46
Talen ran an M&M game for us last night as part of the FGCon. It was great to get a sampling of this ruleset to see how it worked. I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread for comments and issues about the ruleset in general.
First off, the game was a lot of fun to play and seemed generally easy to use from the player side.
The handbook access issue was frustrating from the players. Not so much because access to the book was restricted but because a player cannot open the advantages, powers, and whatnots on their sheets if they are dragged from the handbook. A solution might be to create a clone of the information as part of the character like it does with some of the parts (particularly weapons and items) when brought into the 3.5 character sheets... basically copying the information rather than creating a link to the book. I solved this for myself during the game by visiting the d20herosrd site and copying the info into new items on the sheet.
The other thing I thought of was related to targeting. If this game really is intended to be largely cinematic and run without maps, then it might be a good idea for players to be able to target on the tracker directly. Something as simple as clicking on the character in the tracker you want to target much like the way you do on a map. This seems like a reasonable idea for any ruleset really... to highlight the character and have it pop up the name of your targets beneath your line in the tracker (like it does on the GM side) seems cool.
We ran into a couple of other minor issues, hopefully one of the guys who took note of them will post them up as well.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2012, 17:31
The handbook access issue was frustrating from the players. Not so much because access to the book was restricted but because a player cannot open the advantages, powers, and whatnots on their sheets if they are dragged from the handbook. A solution might be to create a clone of the information as part of the character like it does with some of the parts (particularly weapons and items) when brought into the 3.5 character sheets... basically copying the information rather than creating a link to the book. I solved this for myself during the game by visiting the d20herosrd site and copying the info into new items on the sheet.
Doug's post from last week:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=127515&postcount=24

This suggests it should have been solved by an update last week?

Blackfoot
July 23rd, 2012, 20:37
It may well have been, but we didn't see it in the game last night unfortunately.

jaydarkson
July 30th, 2012, 03:34
Doug's post from last week:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=127515&postcount=24

This suggests it should have been solved by an update last week?

It wasn't. There was an update but it did not affect access to the handbook. I'm running a game right now and my players are unable to access it.

Oberoten
July 30th, 2012, 05:31
If you are up to some ruleset editing?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16985

jaydarkson
September 10th, 2012, 04:08
I lack the skills to edit rulesets. Besides, I was told that this was going to be in a future update so I figured that it would have been implemented by now.

adammar
September 29th, 2012, 19:29
Has this been implemented yet? It doesn't seem to be from a recent game.