PDA

View Full Version : Thanks!

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2012, 06:09
Here I sit on Sunday evening having wrapped up the last session of the inaugural FGCon. Lots of lessons have been learned and there are plenty of areas we can improve on. The con went off pretty much without a hitch (at least, I haven't heard of any major dramas) and everyone I've talked to on the Con TeamSpeak Open Chat channel has said they've had a great time gaming and just hanging out and chatting. I'm suffering a little already from con withdrawal and I'm sad it's over. However, I can now breath a sigh of relief that it went well. :)

Thanks to so many people...

Players - Thanks to old and new players alike. Thanks for being social, fun, challenging and joining in.
GMs - without you the con wouldn't have happened. It's always amazing how many GMs step up and run games. FG usually demands more preparation than a face-to-face game. There have been some great stories told of the games this weekend - thanks to the GMs for facilitating that and making us all happy!
Smiteworks - thanks for modifying the website to facilitate use of the game calendar, thanks for providing GM support, thanks for holding off the release of 2.9.1 and, last but not least - thanks for Fantasy Grounds! :-)

And now some specific mentions - this is in no particular order:

Thanks to Doug at Smiteworks for reading and responding to my stream of demanding emails. I'm sure he must have had pause to open emails from me after the first few - thanks Doug!
Dracones - initial FGCon committee member and for running with the original FGCon website. Unfortunately we couldn't get it to our satisfaction in time for this con.
Madman - initial FGCon committee member, Facebook page creator and FGCon advocate.

Whoever first mentioned the idea of the convention - sorry, I've looked through posts and can't find it. Thank you!!! :-)
Wbcreighton and Blackfoot - for putting together and maintaining the schedule grid. This was invaluable.
Dakadin, Lachancery and khersheyjr - FGCon committee members. Thanks for the help and support guys - you got us over the line! :-)
DrZeuss for the FGCon banner! Sorry you couldn't get to game in the con, but thanks for the cool graphics.
Wbcreighton in particular for lots of advertising, support posts in the forum, ideas and hanging out on the TS3 server to help people. Glad we could get you into 3 of the Beginner Box Bash scenarios and get you to actually play some Pathfinder from the other side of the fence! :-)
Anyone who posted on boards, sites, social media etc. outside of the FG forums to advertise and attract interest.
khersheyjr for his fantastic FGCon video and his other FG user videos - check them out - https://www.youtube.com/user/khersheyjr?feature=watch
Damned, Blackfoot, Lachancery, Phantomwhale, Doswelk, Dakadin and Madman who became TeamSpeak admins in case we had issues. Sorry - I think I've missed someone off here...
Gamespeak.com for a great experience and no issues with the TeamSpeak server.

I'm sorry if I've missed anyone off the above list, it's not intentional - it's late at night at the end of a fun, but long weekend.

Thanks again to everyone involved. :)

Trenloe.

khersheyjr
July 23rd, 2012, 07:29
Thanks! I believe things went well. I have heard nothing but good comments about the Con so far. Good job to all who helped make it a success!

Zeus
July 23rd, 2012, 07:52
I am glad the Con went well and I send my apologies to those who were looking forward to having a game/walkthrough with me.

Sadly I lost my beloved friend and best pal last week, my dog Kodi who I have had for the last 12 years. :( Words can't describe the loss, so much to say that gaming hasn't been high on my priority list lately.

Kodi, RiP my friend.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8001/7627933210_4a6410a61f_z.jpg

khersheyjr
July 23rd, 2012, 07:58
I am sad to hear about the loss of your dog DrZeuss.

lachancery
July 24th, 2012, 21:19
Hah! And the greatest thanks of all go to you, Trenloe, for all you did for this great first FGCon!

I wish I would have had more time to help overall, but I was glad to succeed at the personal goals I had: to bring new players to FG and to show off Rolemaster to current FG users. :)

Looking forward to the next one!

wbcreighton
July 25th, 2012, 15:51
I would like to add my thanks:

Starting with Gunnargreybeard who asked the question first ( FG Con anyone ?) and Madman who jumped on the idea and put up the poll. ( I hope GG made it to a session ).

To the organizers, a really big thanks for keeping it alive. Lots of the good ideas never see the light of day. :)

To all the players in the 3 sessions I played in, and to Trenloe and Ragnoroc who GMed the sessions. To Rosenmcstern who tried everything he could think of to connect from Italy, we were ready for you. :)

To the GMs who offered to run games but didn't have enough players sign up in the time slot. I'm guessing we'll get on the advertising earlier next time.:cry:

Most of all to everyone who was there for being friendly, helpful and patient. Enjoyed chatting with people in the open chat, and just getting to place a voice to a forum name.

My apologies to bennis1980 who tolerated by friendly jabs at the Irish, and to those who had to listen to BF, who left his mic on between games sessions :D :D

Dakadin
July 25th, 2012, 17:03
Hah! And the greatest thanks of all go to you, Trenloe, for all you did for this great first FGCon!

Looking forward to the next one!

I agree with this completely. I don't think FG Con would have happened without you Trenloe. I only know a small portion of what you did to keep it going and get everything ready but the little bit I know of was an amazing amount of work and organization.

I am glad you were willing to do it because everything that I've heard has been positive. I met a lot of new people, tried some new systems, pushed the limits of the Rolemaster ruleset, and had a great time laughing and roleplaying with others.

Thanks! :D

bennis1980
July 26th, 2012, 09:01
My apologies to bennis1980 who tolerated by friendly jabs at the Irish

Taken all in good jest. No apologies needed. If there's anyone who can take (or give) a good slagging, it's the Irish :D

That said, yez are all *!@?#%s (insert your own deeply offensive insult here, relevent to your own culture)

Moon Wizard
July 26th, 2012, 18:48
I want to also give a big thanks to all the people who organized this event, especially Trenloe for taking the lead.

I don't always have all the time I would like to work on Fantasy Grounds stuff, so I'm very appreciative when the community pitches in to help.

Regards,
JPG

3nvy
January 28th, 2013, 04:01
congrats to the conclusion of a successful FGcon