PDA

View Full Version : d20 Modern character problem

bmckella
July 22nd, 2012, 17:30
Hi, I was using the d20_msrd ruleset trying to drag characters to the combat tracker and I can't. There is no icon for the character and instead of dragging a character ut drags the whole character list.

Does anyone know what I can do to fix this?

Thanks.

Trenloe
July 22nd, 2012, 17:48
I don't have access to the d20_msrd ruleset. But, most rulesets allow the GM to drag players to the combat tracker by click-and-dragging the character portraits from the top left of the FG desktop to the combat tracker.

bmckella
July 22nd, 2012, 19:14
There are no character portaits to drag an there doesn't appear to be a place to put a character portait.

Blahness98
July 23rd, 2012, 03:14
Looks like the info might have to be entered in manually. This is an older ruleset without a bunch of options of the newer rule sets.

Griogre
July 23rd, 2012, 06:56
You have to have players logged in with a character selected, to see characters at the top left of the FG desktop. By characters I am assuming you mean PCs. Once you see the gold coin portraits you should be able to drag and drop each one on the combat tracker.

bmckella
July 23rd, 2012, 13:17
I'll try to add a portrait manually

Seems odd that the program would allow you to create characters on the GM side but only put portraits in when a player logs in. This would be different from the d20_jpg and other ruleset behaviour.

Doswelk
July 23rd, 2012, 14:53
It is different it is one of the oldest rulesets for FGII.

It was released by Digital Adventures and Smiteworks purchased it along with all of DA other FGII products.

It was released not long after FGII came out, it was created by myself and based off the MSRD ruleset.

It will be missing most of the the functionality of the 4e or 3.5 rulesets as they have all been written from the ground up by Moon Wizard from scratch.

It really needs to be made into an extension for the 3.5e ruleset.

bmckella
July 23rd, 2012, 17:44
Dang, I didn't realize it was that old. I'll try hitting it with a hammer a few times to see if I can get it to do what I want, and if that doesn't work I may try to make it into an extension myself :)

Thanks for the help

Doswelk
July 24th, 2012, 10:13
Treat it gently it was my first ruleset for FGII :)

I have not played D20 since I discovered Savage Worlds hence the neglect.

Good luck!

bmckella
July 24th, 2012, 22:49
Well it's a very well skinned ruleset, I quite like it.

Doswelk
July 25th, 2012, 08:56
Typical like the only bit I didn't do :p

When designing it I had my own custom theme (it became the Savage Worlds Modern theme in the end), someone else designed the graphics.

bmckella
July 26th, 2012, 00:22
LOL, I do like the whole thing :)