PDA

View Full Version : Video Tutorial for Rolemaster FGII

Willot
July 22nd, 2012, 06:00
As there isnt a specific Video Tutorial for Rolemaster maybe someone could capture one of the games during FGCon?

DHKnecht
August 11th, 2012, 23:30
As there has not been a response to this, I thought I would add one. I'm a new FGII user, but have been using RM since 1982. I'd love to see how other GMs use RM through the FGII interface.

Even a simple 20 minutes session or example would be fine.

Thanks!

Willot
August 11th, 2012, 23:56
Ive figured most things out with the walkthrough but still messin about with it.
Some sort of video tutorial would speed things up alot.
You can get most of the basics from the 4e, 3.5e ones but theres enough in RM that would justify a dedicated video.

I remeber why I always felt more attached to my RM chracters than my 3.5 characters now. Because after creating a RM character your REALLY do feel like you've given birth!

:p

lachancery
August 12th, 2012, 00:59
I've planning on doing this for a while, but there has always been either a shortage of time or some other reason why I haven't done it. In the mean time, you should check out the documentation I wrote that is included with the ruleset and which is also viewable on the FG store at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/FG_RMC_User_Manual_1_3.pdf

Dakadin
August 12th, 2012, 02:52
I don't mind doing short 5-10 minute videos showing of very specific things. I just don't have time to do a complete set of videos at this point. I've also done a few walk throughs to show off the GM side of the ruleset since it really is impressive from the GM perspective.

What would be your first few picks for a video? I will try to put together a couple of them that would be the most help.

Willot
August 12th, 2012, 04:24
I don't mind doing short 5-10 minute videos showing of very specific things. I just don't have time to do a complete set of videos at this point. I've also done a few walk throughs to show off the GM side of the ruleset since it really is impressive from the GM perspective.

What would be your first few picks for a video? I will try to put together a couple of them that would be the most help.

1) I think would be setting up the combat tracker
2) Running through a Combat example

Dakadin
August 12th, 2012, 08:03
That sounds good. I am working on outlines for them now. I don't know when I will have them completed but I will try to have them done within the week.

Willot
August 12th, 2012, 10:36
That sounds good. I am working on outlines for them now. I don't know when I will have them completed but I will try to have them done within the week.

Coool

Will it be a HUGE rollercoaster of a video with a few saucy gypsies thrown in?

DHKnecht
August 13th, 2012, 21:41
Even something as simple as a video capture of a regular game would be great. 10-15 minutes of combat, showing how you set up the tracker, how combat goes, etc. A second video could be 10-15 mins of gameplay showing maneuver resolution and general gameplay mechanics. Both would be very helpful so that others could see how you run games in FGII.

Thanks!

Dakadin
August 13th, 2012, 22:48
I plan on doing one covering the setup and another one that will go through a couple rounds of combat trying to cover the different options. I don't want to make them too long since I know what a time sink video editing becomes and I would rather devote the time to development. But I do realize that development doesn't do any good if I don't help you figure out how to use it. :D

gamemasterbob
August 18th, 2012, 06:24
This post was edited and accidentally posted.

gamemasterbob
August 18th, 2012, 06:51
Hello All
I 'm confused by the character creation process. I'm going to use the walk-through I saw on this forum. A video on Character Creation would be great!

Thanks in advance,
Bob

JohnD
August 18th, 2012, 20:16
Hey GMBob... is there something specifically that is confusing, or just in general?

Perhaps someone here can help point you in the right direction.

Dakadin
August 19th, 2012, 00:29
gamemasterbob, have you looked at lachancery's walkthrough PDF? He has a section on creating a character. It is located here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16579.

Also have you seen the Character Creation Walkthrough in Character Law? It is the second to last option of the main index for Character Law. It actually will take you through the Rolemaster specifics and help with doing it in FG.

I am working on making this process a bit easier and more intuitive for the next release. Hopefully that will help also but if not then I will look at doing a video for it.

gamemasterbob
August 19th, 2012, 06:39
Thanks for the replies. I think I got a character made. FGII RM is its own entity. I can't really use rule books I have. I have to use the rules in the set.

I want to be sure how to use the rules set and FGII before I run with it.
This set must have taken a great deal of work to program.
Thanks again.

I will look at Character Law. Thanks again.

Dakadin
August 20th, 2012, 03:10
gamemasterbob, which version of the Rolemaster books do you have that you can't really use?

Keep posting questions and we will try to answer them for you. Once you run a session or two things will start flowing a bit better.

Also I am hoping to have the videos for setting up combat and a sample combat by next weekend at the latest if real life doesn't interfere again. :o

Dakadin
September 1st, 2012, 08:23
I have some videos done for setting up the combat tracker that can be found here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17264.

Please let me know if anything is unclear.