PDA

View Full Version : Rollback to last 2.8 version of FG?

Oberoten
July 21st, 2012, 23:55
Is there any way to rollback the updates to 2.7 or 2.8? I have gotten several issues with my rulesets, including the inability to open modules with the curent version.

Setting the rulesets to base.xml to 2.7 or earlier fixes the problems.

- Obe

phantomwhale
July 22nd, 2012, 02:23
Are these homebrew rulesets ? Or commercial ones ?

Was just thinking it might only be a few lines code to fix up module opening, rather than attempt a rollback of the FGII engine.

Valarian
July 22nd, 2012, 07:46
This sounds like it could be the drag interface. I had similar problems - not being able to open modules. The book just wouldn't drag to an open state. Instead of onDragStart and onDragEnd there's just onDrag. Have a look at the Foundation core stuff PhantomWhale and Joshuha did.

Blahness98
July 23rd, 2012, 02:35
The installer that I have saved is for 2.8 so you might get lucky by uninstalling and reinstalling with the installer and then not updating. If the installer provided on the downloads page is for 2.9, let me know and I can send you the installer that I have.

Zeus
July 23rd, 2012, 07:56
Is there any way to rollback the updates to 2.7 or 2.8? I have gotten several issues with my rulesets, including the inability to open modules with the curent version.

Setting the rulesets to base.xml to 2.7 or earlier fixes the problems.

- Obe

Which rulesets Obe?

Its probably the changes to onDrag() and the introduction of onDragStart() thats kneecapping older rulesets and the ability to open/activate modules. It should be a quick change to address. See this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=110759&postcount=46) for some more information.

Valarian
July 23rd, 2012, 08:37
Its probably the changes to onDrag() and the introduction of onDragStart() thats kneecapping older rulesets and the ability to open/activate modules. It should be a quick change to address. See this post (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=110759&postcount=46) for some more information.
Doh! I got it the wrong way around

Griogre
July 23rd, 2012, 09:21
As a temporary work around you might just try double clicking on the module icon (or blank space) to the left of the module name instead of trying to drag the book open.

Oberoten
July 23rd, 2012, 10:29
Alas, I wish it was the onDragStart() thing. As it is, I can mark modules as open and still not get them visible in the library.

Now, if I instead put the ruleset into version 2.7 compatibility mode everything works a charm.

- Obe

Zeus
July 23rd, 2012, 15:49
Looking at the changes introduced in 2.8 and 2.9 (see below for quick reference) perhaps its the change to window lists no longer automatically including all child node data across all modules unless the <useallmodules> tag is defined as part of the window list, thats causing the issue your seeing with your rulesets and modules.

Resizable window arrows are available. Use the framedef.insideoffset tag to define margins for when to show the resize arrows for that frame type.
The subwindow.onSizeChanged event is only called when the control size actually changes.
Windowlist controls generated from modules with a module data version of 2.0 will no longer automatically show children across all modules, unless the 'useallmodules' tag is specified.

Console warning generated when template missing.
characterdbroot supported.
When local characters are imported, any character references will be remapped to new ID.
onTokenAdded will be called on imagecontrol initialization for each existing token.
The onDragStart event will be called instead of onDrag for initial drag events in windowcontrols.
The onListRearranged event will be called less often in windowlistcontrols.
setValue, setPrototype and populateFromImageNode will no longer bypass database node ownership checks.

Which rulesets are you looking at, perhaps one of the community devs can take a look to at least point us in the right direction for a fix.

unerwünscht
July 23rd, 2012, 17:29
Obe, send me a msg in the IRC chat when you are around... I am 99.9% sure I know how to fix your issue.

Oberoten
July 23rd, 2012, 23:55
With thanks to Saith and Unerwünscht for valuable pointers.

In an older ruleset which you wish to make compatible with 2.9 find the windowlist "booklist" in the file library.xml

<windowlist name="booklist">
<class>library_booklistentry</class>
<datasource>library</datasource>

<useallmodules/>
<bounds>23,42,250,-30</bounds>
<frame>
<name>sheetgroup</name>
<offset>9,7,9,6</offset>
</frame>
<script file="scripts/library_booklist.lua" />
</windowlist>

The red tag is what is missing in the older rulesets.

- Obe

Oberoten
July 24th, 2012, 00:09
Ah, I spoke to soon.

Both under GURPS and Arm, this results in empty tabs from modules. I expect that we'll have to add the same tag to all of those windowclasses as well?

- Obe

Oberoten
July 24th, 2012, 00:33
Adding the <useallmodules/> tag to every windowclass that is to take data from modules seems to work.

I am now no longer in need of being able to do the rollback shuffle.

- Obe