PDA

View Full Version : Just upgraded and now new images wont show

rundeks
July 17th, 2012, 02:35
Hi All,

I just upgraded to the latest Fantasy Grounds on Windows and now if I put an image into the images folder for my campaing it won't update. Any ideas what is going on? I've restarted Fantasy Grounds several times to no luck.

Thank You,
Rundeks

Griogre
July 17th, 2012, 02:51
Try double checking the image is a png, jpg or gif - I'm pretty sure that's the only image types FG knows.

rundeks
July 17th, 2012, 03:04
Yes it is a PNG. I've added maps this way before with out issue. I've even resaved the image as a JPG and PNG. no go

damned
July 17th, 2012, 08:12
do images show for GM?
if so - clear campaign cache on players computers.

Trenloe
July 17th, 2012, 16:45
I just upgraded to the latest Fantasy Grounds on Windows and now if I put an image into the images folder for my campaing it won't update. Any ideas what is going on? I've restarted Fantasy Grounds several times to no luck.
Just double check that your campaign data directory is actually where you think it is and not from a previous installation.

Open Fantasy Grounds.
On the first screen click the "Settings" button at the bottom.
Check where the "Data Directory" is pointing to.
Make sure it is under this location \campaigns\<your campaign name>\images where you are loading your images.

Griogre
July 17th, 2012, 17:46
It sounds like something weird. Do you have two monitors? Is it possible the maps are opening off the FG desktop?

If Trenloe's idea doesn't work then you can try resetting all the graphic settings for the campaign. To do that, first move the CampaignRegistry.lua onto your desktop. Start FG and see if you can see your images.

If that doesn't work, make a backup of your db.xml file for the campaign. Next, open the campaign's db.xml file with an editor like Visual Studio, Notepad++ or just Notepad. Find the <image> element (tag). Delete *everything* between <image> and </image> including the image elements. This will reset everything the campaign knows about its images. See if you can see your images now.