PDA

View Full Version : A couple of questions about campaign building

Macgreine
July 15th, 2012, 03:01
I am having trouble pasting text in to the story pages and I cant seem to make pre-grided maps line up with the FG2 grids. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Mac

Willot
July 15th, 2012, 03:56
I am having trouble pasting text in to the story pages and I cant seem to make pre-grided maps line up with the FG2 grids. Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Mac

There is a icon in the top left of the image frame that expands out to give you other image/map options. One of these has arrows for "nudging" the grid around. It may take a bit of pottering about but you hopefully with get it. Sometimes you simply may have to put up with a "close enough".

As to why you are having problem pasting text into the story pages Im not sure. It worked fine for me. Im assuming you have the story page in edit mode?

Trenloe
July 15th, 2012, 04:54
You can indeed use the image resize and nudge controls as Willot suggests - but this depends on the ruleset you are using as they are not available in all rulesets. Also, this grid control will only appear once you have applied a grid on the image via the right-click menu. The 3.5E and 4E rulesets have the grid resize/nudge controls, I'm not sure which other rulesets also have it.

To past text into a story entry you need to have the cursor positioned in the main section and make sure you are in edit mode (right click and "enter edit mode"). Then you can paste text by using the keyboard CTRL-V paste command - there is not a right-click menu to paste.

Griogre
July 15th, 2012, 17:18
Also you should be aware that many maps with a grid on them do not have a squares in whole numbers, ie they're 18.3 x 18.2 pixels instead of 20 x 20 pixels. The grid in FG is only in whole numbers. This is why the resizing of maps with a grid on them is so important because it allows you to put the image's grid square back to whole numbers.

Macgreine
July 15th, 2012, 20:21
Thanks for the help things are going much smoother now.

Willot
July 15th, 2012, 22:45
Also you should be aware that many maps with a grid on them do not have a squares in whole numbers, ie they're 18.3 x 18.2 pixels instead of 20 x 20 pixels. The grid in FG is only in whole numbers. This is why the resizing of maps with a grid on them is so important because it allows you to put the image's grid square back to whole numbers.

When I've been converting some of the old D&D stuff over to FGII some of the hand drawn maps with square grids aren't well... square either. I don't think they had rulers back in the old days of RPG!:ninja:

Griogre
July 16th, 2012, 18:38
:) You can get problems with the grid not having 90 degrees corners because of the way it was scanned. There's the other problem that on cheap graph paper the printed grid isn't actually parallel to the paper's horizontal and vertical edges so if its scanned, the grid comes in "true" but slightly rotated. :p