PDA

View Full Version : Rolemaster Campaign 6pm Sun GMT - Open Play / Character driven

bennis1980
July 12th, 2012, 23:32
I am reposting this campaign here as it will definitely be going ahead. Time will be 6-10pm on Sundays (GMT) - starting at the beginning of August . I will start with 4 or 5 players but may increase this later if there is demand.

PM me for further details, but here is the Gamecalendar blurb to start:

"The Earl of Troll Wall Province has work for the fearless and desperate. Adventurers and mercenaries alike are flocking to Karuth in search of coin and glory. Most will find death instead. Something is driving the creatures of Gorcran mountain south into the Kingdom of Sembar."

It will be an austere campaign, focusing on local area around Karuth, and a survival (ie non heroic) game: Let the dice land where they fall (although I'm not fond of killing players)

Gamecalendar: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=821

Hope you can play :D

EDIT: I am running a second, concurrent game on Sundays at 12pm, starting in a few weeks. See below:
Game Calendar (12pm game): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=865

Please PM me if you sign up!

Skellan
August 1st, 2012, 09:02
Hi, are you still accepting players for this?

bennis1980
August 1st, 2012, 09:32
I'm pretty much booked up, and have a few extra already. I might run a second session if there was enough people interested. Would this be of any interest to you?

Skellan
August 1st, 2012, 10:05
yes, that would be great if you are happy to do this. I am available at most times at the moment. If not, I am happy to wait in case a spot comes available

bennis1980
August 1st, 2012, 10:15
It's the sort of open campaign that it woud be easy to introduce new characters at later stage if someone does drop out.

If I do run a second session, I'm thinking of running it as a concurrent story in the same town, so the two parties affect eachother's stories. It's just an idea at the moment and would welcome anyone's advice and/or comments.

My idea: Players could guest appear in the other session (if a spot was free that week) or I could occasionally run a mammoth session (8hr) with everyone (i.e. 8-12 people) involved.

bennis1980
August 1st, 2012, 10:15
EDIT: duplicate post as above (that's weird)

Skellan
August 1st, 2012, 10:25
That sounds like a good way to do it actually, that way we wont be too affected if some players can't make it etc. It will also be good as a player as the party will change etc to suit whatever story is going on, especially as you want this character driven...the more characters, the more things that will be going on. The only downside may be that it is more work for you, but maybe the extra character will generate more story lines and help you too...

bennis1980
August 1st, 2012, 10:59
My main work load is setting and map creation. That's one of the reasons I will run the same setting. Any work I put in will benefit both.

Stuart
August 1st, 2012, 14:22
If I do run a second session, I'm thinking of running it as a concurrent story in the same town, so the two parties affect eachother's stories. It's just an idea at the moment and would welcome anyone's advice and/or comments.

A few years ago I ran a Campaign exactly like that with three different groups of players (5 per group) on three different nights. It worked really well and the whole thing lasted for about 2-3 years. I think the Groups got a kick knowing that their actions genuinely changed things and I certainly found it a refreshing change.

bennis1980
August 1st, 2012, 14:45
That's the main reason I am running low power level set in one town: I have some structure but no story or campaign that is too big that player's are railroaded. There is a story I want to tell, but lots of gaps for the players to fill and order to choose. Fingers crossed I pull it off.

Skellan
August 1st, 2012, 18:04
That sounds like just the sort of thing I'd like to play. I have a similar idea for running a campaign that way too

bennis1980
August 3rd, 2012, 22:48
I have created a game calendar entry for the second game, starting 12pm Sundays. This won't be starting for another few weeks (start of September)

Game Calendar Entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=865