PDA

View Full Version : Effect list for characters

Maxxx26
July 12th, 2012, 18:03
With the new effects now available for the 3.5/Pathfinder ruleset, I wanted to ask if the following would be hard to accomplish?

1. I would like to have a list of effects on each character sheet, for longterm effects that are active for most of the day or at least for a long time. When dragging the character into the combat tracker they should be copied there.

2. Would it be possible to equip weapons with a similar action list as spells, so that you can have everything needed for stuff like a "+1 flaming wounding longsword" in the weapon entry. This is propably not that difficult except that you have to define a caster level for each item seperately. This could also be used to track other magic items like a horn of blasting or similar items by either leaving the attack lines blank or as a new class of entry.

Callum
July 12th, 2012, 21:02
I think that both of these can be accomplished by extending the Spells section of the Action tab to allow for magic items and for abilities. I currently force the Spells entries to approximately work for these things, but there are several problems (such as CL for items, as you note), and it would be great to have new "Spell Classes" to make them work properly.

Incidentally, I currently leave all long-term effects in the Combat Tracker, rather than on the character sheets - you might try this.

Silveras
July 13th, 2012, 02:01
If you have not already been to the Wishlist, it is here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

From there, you can vote for the ideas already suggested, and add your own.