PDA

View Full Version : General Introduction to FGII

bford0001
July 12th, 2012, 02:38
So I was talking about this virtual con in the game store I work in, and one of the customers was like, Fantasy Grounds is awesome! I've got like five licenses!

The problem is the group wasn't savvy enough to use FGII due to it's learning curve.

I'm a total newb myself, but maybe having someone run a live tutorial would be a good idea, with the included sample campaigns.

Just an idea...

khersheyjr
July 12th, 2012, 02:41
Have you seen the videos I have made for using FG? I have a series for players, one for DMs, as well as some pathfinder and 4e sessions.

The videos are on my YouTube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC0DA3B7B2AD64D39&feature=plcp

bford0001
July 12th, 2012, 02:46
Videos are nice, but a lot of people are interactive learners. I can learn from videos, but some people may have problems. With a live session, via TeamSpeak, people can ask questions in real time, and get answers immediately.

khersheyjr
July 12th, 2012, 02:48
Then look at the games being run during the convention. Many of them are aimed at new players. Check the GameCalendar section

bford0001
July 12th, 2012, 02:54
I've already signed up for one, it's going to be interesting. Excited about it.

I would like to sit in on the Young Justice game (as all the spots are filled), just to give advice and guidance since M&M 3E is my preferred system and am quite proficient with it as a system in general.

Thanks for the link to the videos BTW, definitely more than I expected after I looked at it.

Talen
July 12th, 2012, 02:57
If you're interested and free this weekend, I need to test some things with the new M&M ruleset before the convention. I'd be happy to run you through the basics of fg. Send me a pm and we can try to coordinate for Saturday or Sunday.

khersheyjr
July 12th, 2012, 02:58
You welcome :)