PDA

View Full Version : Files - GM tools etc.

Trenloe
July 11th, 2012, 06:01
This is the thread to upload files that the GM can use to assist in their running of a Pathfinder Society game on Fantasy Grounds.

Please keep the original post up to date (you can edit it and upload a new file) and title the post appropriately. Thanks!

Notice
This forum uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC, which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This forum is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Publishing. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Publishing and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.

Some useful threads for resources:

Sharing PFS scenarios prepared in Fantasy Grounds (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20244-Private-sharing-of-PFS-scenario-data-available-modules) If you prove to the scenario converter that you own the scenario then Paizo have given us permission to share our FG modules for that scenario.
End of session data collection sheet (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20700-End-of-Session-chronicle-data-collection-sheet) Fillable PDF form that the players complete after a session to give the GM the info they need to complete the chronicle sheet.
PFS pregens in FG format (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?16900-Files-Pregen-Player-Characters-%28FG-format%29)
Scenario conversion guidelines (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17108-Steps-to-create-your-PFS-scenario-in-Fantasy-Grounds) Info on how to put your PFS scenario in Fantasy Grounds.
How to advertise your game (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17107-Society-GMs-How-to-advertise-%28post%29-your-game-in-the-FG-forums)
NPC modules (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?18726-PFS-Scenario-NPC-modules) FG modules containing NPCs already parsed. Since the sharing of scenarios (item #1) this hasn't been updated, but you still might find this useful.
Creature parser (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20522-Pathfinder-Creature-Parser-V2-Beta-Version) Application to help you get the creatures/NPCs into Fantasy Grounds (including spell entries).

Trenloe
July 11th, 2012, 06:05
Season 5

Chronicle sheet - REMOVED AS THE INSTRUCTIONS FROM PAIZO ARE THAT BLANK FORM-FILLABLE CHRONICLE SHEETS ARE NOT LEGAL.

Notes:

I've removed the 2nd sheet with the extra info as I feel this is not necessary for online play. If GMs/Players feel they need this let me know and I'll add it back in.
Covers only 2 subtiers - which should be enough even in multiple subtier scenarios. Enter the subtier played and that of the subtier of the PC this chronicle sheet is for.
Does auto calculations for out of subtier gold, XP, PP, Fame and Gold.
Remember to enter the extra subtier items available in the white text box in the middle.

Inventory sheet (Adobe Reader fillable and saveable): 5179 New version 1.1: 29th Sept 2013. No functionality changes, appearance changes only: Changes font, all fields now use centre justification, increased size of most fields.

Current guidelines on how to use the Inventory Tracking Sheet (ITS): https://paizo.com/threads/rzs2q18q?The-Inventory-Tracking-Sheet

Old Season 4 sheets

Below are 2 blank chronicle sheets in PDF form format for Season 4 (now expired). One just has basic information and doesn't do any calculations, the other does calculations for you.

Updated 11th April 2013: Blank form with calculations (now includes a 1st level retraining check box for 100% value of items sale & auto calculation error fix, & calculation fixes):
REMOVED

REMOVED

Thanks to munchin_gamer35 from the old Yahoo group for putting the original form together.

Nelyna
July 19th, 2012, 19:37
Below are 2 blank chronicle sheets in PDF form format. One just has basic information and doesn't do any calculations, the other does calculations for you.

see my note on this thread on the fillable chronicle sheets:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16972

Trenloe
July 27th, 2012, 06:30
Don't forget the Pathfinder creature parser: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15475

Using this allows creatures to be imported into Fantasy Grounds as a library module - all it takes is copy/paste from a PDF and perhaps some minor formatting of the creature statblock. Saves lots and lots of time...

lachancery
November 24th, 2012, 02:10
I researched in vain Paizo's site for this information. Since every new PFS GM will likely have this question, I chose to post it on a stickied thread:

Does a GM running a scenario make and sign his own chronicle sheet for his character? Is it signed a coordinator or someone else?

Thanks.

Trenloe
November 24th, 2012, 06:45
Does a GM running a scenario make and sign his own chronicle sheet for his character? Is it signed a coordinator or someone else?
The GM who runs the scenario does the chronicle sheet for their selected character - including signing it.

Trenloe
March 6th, 2013, 05:38
I've updated the auto calc chronicle sheet in post #2 with the following:

Changed the order that calculations are made - this should fix the issue where auto calculations were sometimes wrong.
Added a "1st Level Retraining" check box in the sell items box. When checked this will sell all items for 100% of their value, not 50%. This is used when PCs sell their items at level 1 and use the retraining rule. In theory every PC can do this as level 1 currently.

Trenloe
April 12th, 2013, 03:34
Update:

Fixed issue where day job gold not included in total gold calculation

File Version 3.1 - updated in first post.

Blackfoot
April 15th, 2013, 00:59
Can't seem to sign the latest version.

Trenloe
April 15th, 2013, 01:52
Can't seem to sign the latest version.
Thanks for the heads-up. Updated the file in post #2 - should be OK now.

Macgreine
May 3rd, 2013, 05:05
Excuse my ignorance but how do you sign these?

Blackfoot
May 3rd, 2013, 13:28
Click the signature box at the bottom of the PDF and walk through the setup for creating a signature.

Macgreine
May 4th, 2013, 02:43
Not working for me. It doesn't do anything when I click on it.

Macgreine
May 4th, 2013, 03:03
Okay forgive me I had a duh moment. I tried to sign it w/o downloading it first.

Raised
August 11th, 2013, 02:29
Do people use Adobe Reader to fill this out? There is no built-in Strikethrough feature and it's very spotty to try to Copy-Paste a strikethrough from a different program. Any tips/thoughts?

Blackfoot
August 11th, 2013, 05:24
Do people use Adobe Reader to fill this out? There is no built-in Strikethrough feature and it's very spotty to try to Copy-Paste a strikethrough from a different program. Any tips/thoughts?I do.. I just copy the text that needs to be struck out into Word and the copy it back as strikeout text... simple enough. I had a bunch of them in my game yesterday actually. No problems at all.

Trenloe
August 11th, 2013, 06:18
I wouldn't bother putting strikethrough text in the chronicle sheet - just put in what the PC has actually earned.

hawkwind
August 15th, 2013, 22:42
Any chance of a new season five style fillable chronicle sheet?

Trenloe
August 16th, 2013, 00:42
Any chance of a new season five style fillable chronicle sheet?

Yep, there will be when I get back from GenCon. Sorry it won't be earlier...

hawkwind
August 16th, 2013, 16:29
no worries, you have a good time at Gencon!

Nightfiend
August 16th, 2013, 23:17
Thanks for the tracking sheet...it saves and continues to be fillable so the same PDF can continue to be used, very nice.

Trenloe
August 24th, 2013, 21:49
Season 5 Chronicle sheet form now available in post #2.

tlavalle
August 27th, 2013, 17:17
i have a quick question since this looks to be the right place what files should i get to run PFS?

Trenloe
August 27th, 2013, 17:30
i have a quick question since this looks to be the right place what files should i get to run PFS?
I'm not sure what "files" you are referring to. Files to run PFS in general (chronicle sheets, inventory sheets, etc.)? Or files to run a Pathfinder games within Fantasy Grounds?

There is another sticky thread that I think you should familiarise yourself with:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?17510-Introduction-to-Pathfinder-Society-%28Players%29

tlavalle
August 27th, 2013, 17:37
thanks

lachancery
September 2nd, 2013, 20:28
Season 5 Chronicle sheet form now available in post #2.
When I use the new form with Acrobat Reader X, I get the following pop-up when I click on any of the bottom "GM Only" fields:

When I click OK, I get to Adobe's page to download japanese font packs:

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Trenloe
September 2nd, 2013, 20:54
When I use the new form with Acrobat Reader X, I get the following pop-up when I click on any of the bottom "GM Only" fields:
V1.1 available in post #2 - ensured all fonts are standard Helvetica, also made PDF read only when digitally signed.

Blackfoot
September 3rd, 2013, 03:41
I had similar issues.. it seems a bit trickier to use than the old ones.

lachancery
September 3rd, 2013, 03:45
V1.1 available in post #2 - ensured all fonts are standard Helvetica, also made PDF read only when digitally signed.
Thanks. The fix worked great.

Trenloe
September 3rd, 2013, 04:02
I had similar issues.. it seems a bit trickier to use than the old ones.
Is it just the fonts (which are now fixed) or is there something else?

Talen
September 8th, 2013, 13:45
Is there a way to edit font size on the fields that are pasted in? I cant seem to figure that one out (Im using Adobe Reader at the moment)

Trenloe
September 8th, 2013, 16:16
Is there a way to edit font size on the fields that are pasted in? I cant seem to figure that one out (Im using Adobe Reader at the moment)
You can't edit things like that with Adobe Reader.

Most of the form text fields should auto size if the standard size is going to be too large. Which fields are you having issues with?

Talen
September 8th, 2013, 16:29
You can't edit things like that with Adobe Reader.

Most of the form text fields should auto size if the standard size is going to be too large. Which fields are you having issues with?

Thanks Trenloe I was having problems with the boons section when I first cut and paste. When I came back to the document later and reopened- the paste did auto size so I'm all set now. Just have to get my signature image set on the windows side now.

Blackfoot
September 8th, 2013, 16:31
It should do the auto resize when you click outside the text box.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2013, 16:40
Thanks Trenloe I was having problems with the boons section when I first cut and paste. When I came back to the document later and reopened- the paste did auto size so I'm all set now. Just have to get my signature image set on the windows side now.
I also made the main boon section and 2 subtier equipment boxes to accept rich-text - so you can copy/paste formatted text (bold, etc.) from the PDF chronicle and also other apps like Word.

Trenloe
September 29th, 2013, 17:17
Updated the inventory tracking sheet in post #2 to V1.1.

Cosmetic changes only:

Changed font from Times New Roman to Helvetica - this matches the electronic Chronicle Sheet.
All fields now use centre justification.
Increased the size of most fields.

Blackfoot
September 29th, 2013, 18:14
Personally, I really like the google docs version of the Tracking sheet for our purposes... it removes the encumbrance of the uploading and reuploading of files.
Google Docs Inventory Tracking Sheet (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsjlwkOd29k8dG9sdTNDZ0N3dENPUEotdU5Zb1JkR UE#gid=0)

d1wright
October 27th, 2014, 20:38
Are there any "new" directions on how GMs should be handling Chronicle Sheets?

I've read through a number of threads and all I've come up with is that you have to print out the Chronicle page of your PDF scenario, fill it in by hand, scan it back in, and send it to the player in order to be valid.

Could we delete some of these Chronicle sticky threads or archive them and replace them with an updated ruling on how GMs running PFS games on FG should be handling Chronicles?

My ideal world would have Paizo wrap a fillable chronicle PDF in with my scenario download when I purchase it.

Trenloe
October 27th, 2014, 20:50
Could we delete some of these Chronicle sticky threads or archive them and replace them with an updated ruling on how GMs running PFS games on FG should be handling Chronicles?
I'll get to removing and updating sometime over the next couple of weeks.

Basic guidelines from Paizo are that the chronicle must be made from the sheet at the back of the scenario - no generic copy/paste fillable forms. So, print/fill/scan, make your own fillable forms (like the ones I did for FG Con V), print as an image and use image editing software to add the text then save as a single layer image (i.e. no text entered can be modified).

There's rumours of some kind of fillable form creation utility linked to either the original PDF purchase or reporting of the event - but this rumour has been around for over a year and Paizo customer service/IT as slammed so I wouldn't hold my breath for it anytime soon - there are other priorities (like updating reporting to cover the new factions).

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 01:11
Making Scenario in FG question. Its been a while since Ive made a game and I've forgotten quite a bit, I'm trying to relearn. Let say there is a map in the PDF but the map has points A, B, C, D marked on the map. There was a way to just copy the main layer image and leave the 2nd layer, the (A, B, C, D), behind. One of you guys told me how to do it at one point I've just forgotten how. Any help would be great, Thanks.

xazil
December 23rd, 2014, 01:16
Most of the PFS scenarios when you do a picture export from the PDF will leave those type of details behind as they are on a different layer. I have heard some of the newest scenarios are having issues with those exports although...

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 02:19
Guess now I'm wondering if I can't get those off, or blur them out the group is still going to know exactly where to go lol

xazil
December 23rd, 2014, 02:22
Well, if it is on a grid like most of them you can copy another square from nearby and paste it over the top and the grid-lines will hide your photoshop job. If there are shading gradients it makes it more difficult, but still easier than scrubing it out from scratch.

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 03:14
yea, since I bought a Mac I don't really have any editing software, so I was trying to do this old school style :)

xazil
December 23rd, 2014, 03:15
Gimp?

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 04:47
Use the clone tool in GIMP. Xorn gives a good overview of how to do it at 2:50 onwards in his map scaling video: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/tutorial/xorne-rescale-1a.wmv

Xorn is using Photoshop but the principle is exactly the same for the clone tool in GIMP.

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 08:19
Use the clone tool in GIMP. Xorn gives a good overview of how to do it at 2:50 onwards in his map scaling video: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/tutorial/xorne-rescale-1a.wmv

Xorn is using Photoshop but the principle is exactly the same for the clone tool in GIMP.
Great video thanks but how in the world, when he's cloning are the grid lines left behind. What he just did in 90 secs took me over a hour just now lmao!!!!

damned
December 23rd, 2014, 10:50
ZOOOOM.
And a little practice and it will come down a lot.. but it might take a LOT of practice to get it to 90secs :)

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 16:46
Put the source of your clone on the apex of a grid and start your cloning on an apex as well. Then don't lift your finger off the mouse button until you've cloned the whole square (or all of the area you need to clone).

Trueshots
December 23rd, 2014, 20:01
Put the source of your clone on the apex of a grid and start your cloning on an apex as well. Then don't lift your finger off the mouse button until you've cloned the whole square (or all of the area you need to clone).

Source meaning? Lets say I have the circular brush. Does the top of that circle or the middle of that circle go at the apex of the grid. I still don't unstained how that won't erase the original grade like in the video...

Ill try the keeping finger held down, never tried that. So I do that to "set the clone" or when "applying the clone"?

Trenloe
December 23rd, 2014, 20:10
More info on the clone tool here: https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-clone.html

Clone takes some part of your map (the source) and clones it to somewhere else. As Xorne was doing in the video - he selects a blank portion of the map as the source and then clones this over the section of the map he wants to overwrite with data from the source.

If you set the source as the apex of a grid where there are no GM markings (CTRL+Left Click exactly on the apex with the mouse cursor - you will see cross-hairs appear at the exact point you selected) and then start cloning exactly on an apex where you wish to overwrite with the source (position the mouse cursor exactly on the apex and left-click-and-hold) then move your mouse (still holding the left mouse button down) to cover the extents of the area you wish to overwrite.

iemckinnon
December 7th, 2015, 16:22
I am a PFS GM who, because of a move away from my group and limited mobility issues, is looking to run PFS games using Teamspeak / Fantasy Grounds starting this Winter. Where can I find good practices / basics on getting this Paizo legal accomplished? I saw your posts on the Journal sheets needing to be hand filled, and I am getting tidbits here and there.
Is it advised to get scans of their last chronicle/ equipment logs pre game emailed?
Character sheets in FG2/Hero Lab/.pdf?
What about proof of purchases to make sure they have all the books legal?
I am looking at the Paizo boards too to try and figure this bit out, but so looking forward to it.
Thanks for any pointers / help.

Trenloe
December 7th, 2015, 16:55
I saw your posts on the Journal sheets needing to be hand filled, and I am getting tidbits here and there
You have to provide a chronicle sheet that is created from the page at the back of the scenario played. As a minimum it must have the session data (the sections highlighted in grey). A lot of FG GMs will fully complete the chronicle sheet - giving the players a complete record. The sheet is provided in electronic format - in such a format that shouldn't allow the player to easily change the data. This is usually a PDF or an image file - it depends on the tools available to you. If you have a PDF application that allows creation of PDF forms and then digitally signing of the PDF (remember to set the PDF to be read-only/locked fields when signing) then this might be the easiest approach. If not, you can make an image file of the page and fill in text through a graphics app - then save as a JPG or similar. Some GMs who have a scanner print out the blank sheets, hand fill them in, scan the sheet and send the scan to the players. It's up to you - as long as the sheet is made from the one in the back of the scenario and has the minimum session data in read-only format.

Is it advised to get scans of their last journal sheet/ Equipment logs pre game emailed?
Most GMs do this - as it will help in filling out the chronicle after the game and give an idea of where the PC is in their PFS "career". This is up to you if you want to review prior to the game, or want it to make creation of the chronicle afterwards easier. Some GMs ask the players to fill out a pre-chronicle (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?20700-End-of-Session-chronicle-data-collection-sheet)before or after the game with all of the details needed to create the end chronicle.

Character sheets in FG2/Hero Lab/.pdf?
Ask for them in that order of preference. The players should spend the time to put their PC in FG format to enable them to play PFS on FG. You might have to help a newcomer get going, but regular FG players should provide you with their PC in FG importable XML format. It's all about making your job as a GM easier - you have enough to do as it is. Plus, if the player has made the PC in FG they should be at least vaguely familiar with the interface and how their PC will work within FG.

What about proof of purchases to make sure they have all the books legal?
It's very rare for GMs to ask for this. Perhaps if you continually get a specific player who is using feats/abilities/spells from obscure books, and doesn't know how they'd work/can't provide details, then you'd consider privately asking them if they have the relevant books for their PC build.

iemckinnon
December 7th, 2015, 17:10
Thanks for the quick reply Trenloe, that helps.
I have the full version of Acrobat for my research, so the digitally signed PDFs are no problem, nor are scanning hand-filled out sheets. So I am good there.
I am reasonably set up on the FG2 front. I already use it to run a weekly RotRL game with my old gaming group. I also have most of Years 5, 6, and what I have of 7 put in.
I think I am about ready to take this step. :-)
Thanks again.

bestellen
August 18th, 2016, 10:07
Thanks for the tracking sheet...it saves and continues to be fillable so the same PDF can continue to be used.

Talyn
August 23rd, 2016, 21:07
I have difficulty making sense of the OGL and Paizo's community use stuff; sometimes they seem to contradict themselves...

If the PFRPG had its own character sheet with a PFS tab (like 5E does with the AL stuff) and a module where players could drag and drop which scenarios they've completed onto that tab, is that too specific for the usage policies? Or would that be allowed?

Blackfoot
August 24th, 2016, 00:20
I can't imagine why it wouldn't be. It's just a list of stuff you've done, you are supposed to keep track of which scenarios you've played.